Rex Ryan - The mouth that roared

Freddie's Dead

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta give it up to Rex Ryan. The master motivator was brilliant, getting the team ready to play on Sunday. Unfortunately, the team he got ready was the New England Cheatriots. Next time Rex, how about praying at St. Fu and SHUT THE !@#$ UP?

This is such a Sully take.

I love the fact that we have a coach who has passion. He also apparently a good enough motivator that the team never gave up even after the emotion of seeing Aaron Williams hurt the way he was.

Gotta give it up to Rex Ryan. The master motivator was brilliant, getting the team ready to play on Sunday. Unfortunately, the team he got ready was the New England Cheatriots. Next time Rex, how about praying at St. Fu and SHUT THE !@#$ UP?

Rex is nothing but a fired coach with a big mouth.He is a circus clown with a foot fetish to boot and I cant believe the Bills fell for his rambling crap.I was against this hire from the start.

I wouldn't be so worried if I thought Rex could actually learn something about keeping his mouth shut after what should be such a humbing experience. But based upon what I've seen of him, this is his modus operandi. Maybe he'll chill for awhile but once we get a few more W's he'll be right back at it. Frankly it's embarrassing. I hope we win regardless, but I'm never going to be ok with it. Loud mouths who go on and on about how they're going to do this and going to bring that get no credence in my book. Just do it - don't jabber on and on about it!

You know I disagree with you a lot but I got to give props where they're due and say it: When you're right, YOU'RE RIGHT!

4 Coaches, same result. Each of the past 4 Bills Coaches all promised to beat up on the Patriots and each time they punched us in the mouth. Last week the defense swarmed Andrew Luck, but this week; where were they? Very little pressure, wide open receivers...

It's getting to the point where even I wish the Bills would go away. Until you can beat up the Patriots, just shut the F up!

I agree, I like the politically correct version of the Bills that lost by 30 instead of 8 :wallbash: . Rex did not coach a good game. He didn't put his players in the best position to be successful. But if you have a problem with Rex's approach as far as how it played out in this game you might as well just throw in the towel on him. He was still acting like this when the Jets were awful. This is who he is. If you/we/the Bills didn't know that thru their bones when they hired him they didn't do enough research.

I agree, I like the politically correct version of the Bills that lost by 30 instead of 8 :wallbash: . Rex did not coach a good game. He didn't put his players in the best position to be successful. But if you have a problem with Rex's approach as far as how it played out in this game you might as well just throw in the towel on him. He was still acting like this when the Jets were awful. This is who he is. If you/we/the Bills didn't know that thru their bones when they hired him they didn't do enough research.

To me he needs to show he's learning. This week he reverted to form.

Geezus...so now we lost Because Rex press conferences? Give me a break...we just played the defending champs, gave them a run for their money, but they are still the best team in Football until proven other wise.

It had NOTHING to do with anything Rex said. Guys gotta make plays, and our D didn't make any plays.

I can't believe people are turning on Rex already, he's the best coach Bill have had in decades. People here just want to be miserable

PS: What quotes by the Miami coach just caused them to lose to Jax? What about the quotes from Harbaugh that caused them to lose to the Raiders? Or the Sean Payton quotes that caused them to lose to TB? Those are all teams who were solid favorites to win this week and supposed to be contenders on some level and they all lost in upsets. We lost to the best team in football by one score.

ITs the damn NFL, and we just played the best team in football. We have a QB making his 2nd start. We are missing key defensive guys. Our RB has been battling hamstring injuries. Our WR's all missed almost the whole preseason and have had very little time to play with our starting QB.

Yet Ryan got them to battle back and almost come back in a game that this team would have just quit on in the past. I can't stand people who flip flop week to week based on win or loss.

This team is fine, its ONE DAMN game. We are 1-1 after battling the 2 best teams in the AFC and avg 29.5 pts per game. Thats a good start to a new era...

Edited by Alphadawg7

To me he needs to show he's learning. This week he reverted to form.

I think his style infuses confidence in players. We need that. I think it's what will ultimately punch our ticket to the playoffs this year. At the same time we have to take the bad with the good. His style is incredibly irritating when he doesn't back up what he's saying. It's not very difficult to see how a guy like Rex almost has to be a quick exis if things go south. He had the Jets playing hard all of last year, so I don't want to take that away from him, but from a fan perspective, Rex would be pretty unbearable with a losing team. He would lose his edge and I just don't know the whole shtick would go over.

Edited by KzooMike

Geezus...so now we lost Because Rex press conferences? Give me a break...we just played the defending champs, gave them a run for their money, but they are still the best team in Football until proven other wise.

It had NOTHING to do with anything Rex said. Guys gotta make plays, and our D didn't make any plays.

I can believe people are turning on Rex already, he's the best coach Bill have had in decades. People here just want to be miserable

Um, there is no evidence yet that he's the best coach we've had in decades. Trust me, I hope that proves to be the case. But I'll never like him spouting off about what we're GOING TO DO. Get hyped and passionate with your players - fine. But with the media, keep it low key and professional, otherwise you run the risk of looking like a joke.

How can three rookies on the Pats offensive line block 250 million dollars worth of defensive lineman? How does Billy get rookies to play like 10 year vets?

Careful Louie..u are questioning the the big boys! Im with you, but you cant question the obvious...you will get banned!

How can three rookies on the Pats offensive line block 250 million dollars worth of defensive lineman? How does Billy get rookies to play like 10 year vets?

How much do you really expect that 250 million to matter when the ball is gone in under 3 seconds? At some point Rex and his game planning, in conjunction with the secondary, need to force Brady to hold it a little longer. They did so on a few occasions but we didn't capitalize. We did get the strip sack. It just wasn't enough. Multiple pieces failed. It certainly wasn't all on the line, beating New England isn't possible unless you have multiple phases on defense working.

How much do you really expect that 250 million to matter when the ball is gone in under 3 seconds? At some point Rex and his game planning, in conjunction with the secondary, need to force Brady to hold it a little longer. They did so on a few occasions but we didn't capitalize. We did get the strip sack. It just wasn't enough. Multiple pieces failed. It certainly wasn't all on the line, beating New England isn't possible unless you have multiple phases on defense working.

I don't understand how anyone in the world would not have known that would be the game plan. Hmm, suspect o-line against great pass rush... what to do? Hey, I know, get the ball out quick!

I'll never understand why teams don't sit on the short stuff and make him hold it. If he beats you deep once or twice, fine, it's better than death by paper cuts.

I'd say that he put his foot in his mouth, but that's not really an insult to Rex.

Come on all, this is funny!

And we could use some humor tonight..

(It looked like the Bills had weak personnel in all defensive positiions. Hope this bad coaching and game planning are not consistent with Ryan.)

When Rex is upset hes an obnoxious jackass. He needs to take a lesson from Pete Carroll when it comes to post game press conferences and losing in general. There is nothing to be gained when the head of your organization spews off profanities. The penalties and lack of discipline this team had today is ENTIRELY on their head coach and needs to do a better job of getting his players emotionally ready to play without putting so much emotion into them that the make stupid mistakes

In a way im kinda glad this happened early in the season. This team was getting too full of themselves too fast. This was a swift kick in the groin to make them realize the have a lot to work on if they really want to make noise in this league.

I can believe people are turning on Rex already, he's the best coach Bill have had in decades. People here just want to be miserable

PS: What quotes by the Miami coach just caused them to lose to Jax? What about the quotes from Harbaugh that caused them to lose to the Raiders? Or the Sean Payton quotes that caused them to lose to TB? Those are all teams who were solid favorites to win this week and supposed to be contenders on some level and they all lost in upsets. We lost to the best team in football by one score.

ITs the damn NFL, and we just played the best team in football. We have a QB making his 2nd start. We are missing key defensive guys. Our RB has been battling hamstring injuries. Our WR's all missed almost the whole preseason and have had very little time to play with our starting QB.

Yet Ryan got them to battle back and almost come back in a game that this team would have just quit on in the past. I can't stand people who flip flop week to week based on win or loss.

This team is fine, its ONE DAMN game. We are 1-1 after battling the 2 best teams in the AFC and avg 29.5 pts per game. Thats a good start to a new era...

I can believe it too…. :)

This is absolutely why we can't have nice things

When Rex is upset hes an obnoxious jackass. He needs to take a lesson from Pete Carroll when it comes to post game press conferences and losing in general. There is nothing to be gained when the head of your organization spews off profanities. The penalties and lack of discipline this team had today is ENTIRELY on their head coach and needs to do a better job of getting his players emotionally ready to play without putting so much emotion into them that the make stupid mistakes

In a way im kinda glad this happened early in the season. This team was getting too full of themselves too fast. This was a swift kick in the groin to make them realize the have a lot to work on if they really want to make noise in this league.

You must have loved Jauron then...

I like the emotion

You know I disagree with you a lot but I got to give props where they're due and say it: When you're right, YOU'RE RIGHT!

I take back everything I've said about you. Almost. :nana:

Perhaps I'm overreacting to the beatdown. Perhaps I'm overreacting to being a national laughingstock yet again. Perhaps I'm overreacting to how the Bills found yet another more humiliating way to lose to the Cheats than the last time. All I saw all week long was Rex Ryan running his mouth. He must have had 10 national interviews this week. I saw his face and heard him yapping for hours on every pre-game show. I read the stories in the NE press about how Rex was running his mouth. Tomorrow the stories in NE will all be about same old Bills and how this franchise is still a joke. I'm sick of it. All I want is a coach that can have a team ready to play the Pats without the out of control emotion, and a coach that would be worthy to hold the Hoodie's clipboard. We still have neither. I'm sure we'll beat the rest of the AFC east. But we're still the Cheats' B word, and Ryan was supposed to stop that.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

I don't understand how anyone in the world would not have known that would be the game plan. Hmm, suspect o-line against great pass rush... what to do? Hey, I know, get the ball out quick!

I'll never understand why teams don't sit on the short stuff and make him hold it. If he beats you deep once or twice, fine, it's better than death by paper cuts.

This. Can't just sit back and let Brady dink and dunk you all day.

I like the emotion

Most (everyone) likes when a team plays with emotion. But there is a fine line to being fired up and being reckless. The Bills were reckless today, showed lack of poise and committed dumb penalties against a team that will make you pay.

Edited by jmc12290

Yes. Didn't you hear? We should have won the Super Bowl by now. I can't believe we're two games in and the season is over already!!!

Damn you, Rex.

Jeez, this board is batschitt crazy after a loss.

Come on it was more than simply a loss. it was complete domination. By a well coached team. The final score was zero indication of what happened out there.

Not a single unit performed. Missing PAT's really? Failing twice on 2 point conversions. it seemed like street ball at times.This team and COACHING needs to stop listening to the BS hype about how talented they are. REX is a career sub .500 coach. today many found out why.

I like the emotion

No I hated Jauron the day we hired him and he was the polar opposite of Rex. All Im saying is that he needs to know when to tone it down a little bit. Keep it professional. You lost a football game and you are a leader of other men. Be an example, focus on getting better, control your emotions and move on to the next game.

He has to let his teams play do the talking and keep his yap shut. I'm sure he knows who Dion Lewis is now......

Yeah, cuz Lewis killed us today. If only we could've stopped Lewis we'd have won by 35. Oh yeah, then there's that Brady guy that passed on us like 60 times or something. Think he may have had something to do with it? Get a grip on reality, folks. Rex Ryan said nothing during the week that was remotely inflammatory , nor did the players. I heard a coach that gave respect to the opposing coach but said he fears no one. Great. That's how it should be. Players gave props but said they don't like the Pats. Big deal. Had zero to do with the game. The Bills had to battle the refs today ( no surprise there) and lost that one. I don't recall a replay on any of the ridiculous PF's called on us. The OI on Watkins was a joke as well. 59 drop backs w/ out an OL holding call? What a joke. That aside, I saw a QB that , aside from one drive, looked like a guy in his 2nd start going against Belichick. The QB scrap heap is littered with guys that BB has exposed. We don't yet know if TT is a good QB or a JAG. Couple that with a great performance by a HOFer and today is what you get. The D sucked today in epic fashion. Rex disappointed me only by deviating from his previous MO and choosing to play coverages vs Brady instead of blitzing. This is rarely successful and btw we don't have Revis. The two best players on the field today happen to wear Pats jerseys unfortunately. What was our third down conversion rate through 3 quarters? Until this team gets a guy at QB that is a reliable playmaker even remotely approaching TB, Rodgers , et al we are an also - ran assigned to the wild card track. Why anyone thought otherwise heading into today is beyond me. We are unproven at the most important position. That's why we lost, not because of pre game banter.