Time to descend from the clouds

bladiebla

Guys,

Great win, but it seems we're getting ahead of ourselves here. We're actually positioning ourselves as favorites over the Patriots**(**) here it seems. I think that's a bit early.

1. Luck was able to move the chains dinking and dunking, something Brady**(**) excels at.

2. Gronk.

3. Even through all those blitzes, Luck was able to dink and dunk.

4. Belicheat**(**) has been running on us successfully before and the run D is not proven yet.

5. RT is going to suffer against Nikoblahblahcheater

6. Chandler is a thread in the NE**(**) offense, whether we like it or not, sure he isn't Gronk but remember the days he saved for us

7. Blount always has a great game against us

8. It's only TT his second NFL game, Belicheat**(**) annihilates rookie QBs (granted he didn't look the rookie one bit)

9. Graham won't play yet, he was out with that hit and they'll be forced to set him inactive

10. Rex seems way too confident facing NE**(**) hopefully this doesn't translate to the players or the crowd

11. The Patriots**(**) D might be able to do some damage

12. O-line was struggling to get the running lanes opened

13. They always find a way to cheat

14. They will get away with tons of holding again

15. The refs and the Patriots**(**) are sitting in a tree...

On the flip side

1. We'll have Dareus back.

2. The NE**(**) CBs look shaky

3. Special teams play

4. True test, if we beat the Pats**(**) in any fashion close to what we did with the Colts, oh boy, oh boy

5. Chandler is always good for a major turnover when it matters most

Edit: Spelling, now you try to translate this post into Dutch. :oops:

Edited by bladiebla

Grammar Nazi or not, poor spelling in thread titles discredits the content.

Wow, really, great point of view coming from a moderator. Seriously Chandler#81, could have fixed the thread title instead of being a douche.

Edited by bladiebla

Guys,

Great win, but it seems we're getting ahead of ourselves here. We're actually positioning ourselves as favorites over the Patriots**(**) here it seems. I think that's a bit early.

1. Luck was able to move the chains dinking and dunking, something Brady**(**) excels at.

Because we allowed it. We WANTED them to do that to waste time off the clock after we had dominated the 1st half. This game absolutely was not close. That does not mean we are going to dominate the patriots I would never predict that.....but we gave them the short passes on purpose.

2. Gronk.

Who Rex has been pretty good against in the past.

We stopped blitzing in the second half....didnt u notice?

4. Belicheat**(**) has been running on us successfully before and the run D is not proven yet.

Past is past my friend....get with the now

?

6. Chandler is a thread in the NE**(**) offense, whether we like it or not, sure he isn't Gronk but remember the days he saved for us

Also couldnt block worth a damn and got ragdolled by corners

And he still might.....but once again.....Rex Ryan....top 10 in run defense historically and that is not by accident.

8. It's only TT his second NFL game, Belicheat**(**) annihilates rookie QBs (granted he didn't look the rookie one bit)

I am quite sure that the game plan on offense will be the same as it was against the colts......more run then pass......and to be honest the patriots looked horrid against the run week 1

9. Graham won't play yet, he was out with that hit and they'll be forced to set him inactive

Good thing it looks like we have solid depth

10. Rex seems way too confident facing NE**(**) hopefully this doesn't translate to the players or the crowd

Maybe because he knows how to beat them?

Not based on what we saw week 1

New system.....but did get it done when it mattered? Lets not act like the Colts game was close

I really dont know what to say about that.....its not part of football and you can bet Rex and crew are all over it

Probably....that is actually my real concern for the game....however somethign to think about. The patriots are no longer the NFL's darling after all the cheating....

The refs work for the NFL

On the flip side

3. Special teams play

4. True test, if we beat the Pats**(**) in any fashion close to what we did with the Colts, oh boy, oh boy

9) you don't know that's true

True, but if you look at his eyes right after the hit they spin away. He took a serious blow to the head and with the new concussion protocol and neutral evaluation of it I sincerely doubt we'll have Graham on the field. I hope we'll have him but I'd say there is a 75% chance he'll be sidelined for 1 week.

True, but if you look at his eyes right after the hit they spin away. He took a serious blow to the head and with the new concussion protocol and neutral evaluation of it I sincerely doubt we'll have Graham on the field. I hope we'll have him but I'd say there is a 75% chance he'll be sidelined for 1 week.

That's fair, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. He would be a big loss for us, especially vs. NE

Wow, really, great point of view coming from a moderator. Seriously Chandler#81, could have fixed the thread title instead of being a douche.

You can also proofread it yourself. It's sort of expected..

As for the thread content, really?? YOU'RE the voice of reason to the region? 'Goodwin isn't ready'. That's a reason for decenTing? Has he ever been counted on? We didn't even acknowledge our highly paid for 1st Round pick from '14, but McRib is cause enough to stop being thrilled we demolished a Super Bowl contender?

I wish I would have stopped at the Thread title..

As for the thread content, really?? YOU'RE the voice of reason to the region? 'Goodwin isn't ready'. That's a reason for decenTing? Has he ever been counted on? We didn't even acknowledge our highly paid for 1st Round pick from '14, but McRib is cause enough to stop being thrilled we demolished a Super Bowl contender?

I agree with the OP. Your job as moderator is to fix stuff like that, not to say nonsense like "spelling discredits the content". Not only are you wrong about that statement, but you're wrong in how you are behaving.

I'd frankly expect more responsible behavior from a global moderator.

I have to agree with him that you should have moderated the thread...and saved the rest of us from starting to read it.

Guys,

Because we allowed it. We WANTED them to do that to waste time off the clock after we had dominated the 1st half. This game absolutely was not close. That does not mean we are going to dominate the patriots I would never predict that.....but we gave them the short passes on purpose.

Valid point.

2. Gronk.

Rex is 1 for 7 or something to that extend in the last years...

We were still sending 5, didn't we?

Today is history, tomorrow a mystery

?

5. Henderson is going to struggle against Rob Ninkovich

He wasn't that bad.

And he still might.....but once again.....Rex Ryan....top 10 in run defense historically and that is not by accident.

Depends on what years you look at

I am quite sure that the game plan on offense will be the same as it was against the colts......more run then pass......and to be honest the patriots looked horrid against the run week 1

For sure, I doubt the run/pass distribution will change much over the course of the year even

I'm not sold on Rambo (he had a good game) or Duke personally

Based on what? The Rex PR machine? What is Rex his overall record? What is Rex his record when you take out that one season?

We'll see, see my point with Henderson

New system.....but did get it done when it mattered? Lets not act like the Colts game was close

The Colts aren't the Patriots. I honestly think that this is a crucial part with the run pass ratio we deploy.

I really dont know what to say about that.....its not part of football and you can bet Rex and crew are all over it

Heh, I was just cheap shotting, they earned it.

Probably....that is actually my real concern for the game....however somethign to think about. The patriots are no longer the NFL's darling after all the cheating....

Heh, I was just cheap shotting, they earned it. Realistically this is going to be an issue all year long as it was last year, the refs feel they can't keep calling every holding or they'll kill the game

On the flip side

3. Special teams play

As for the thread content, really?? YOU'RE the voice of reason to the region?

I'm presenting a thread with a deliberate negative view, as you could have have guessed from the (intended) thread title. Which was fixed after my oversight. The purpose of the thread is made further clear with the first sentence. Counter balance the positive.

'Goodwin isn't ready'.

Goodwin? Who is talking about Goodwin?

That's a reason for decenTing?

Wow

Has he ever been counted on? We didn't even acknowledge our highly paid for 1st Round pick from '14, but McRib is cause enough to stop being thrilled we demolished a Super Bowl contender?

Have you been drinking some well deserved post victory juice?

As a word of friendly advise, create a second account and use that for posting if you are going to be like this.

Guys,

Valid point.

2. Gronk.

?

He wasn't that bad.

For sure, I doubt the run/pass distribution will change much over the course of the year even

Based on what? The Rex PR machine? What is Rex his overall record? What is Rex his record when you take out that one season?

The Colts aren't the Patriots. I honestly think that this is a crucial part with the run pass ratio we deploy.

Heh, I was just cheap shotting, they earned it. Realistically this is going to be an issue all year long as it was last year, the refs feel they can't keep calling every holding or they'll kill the game

On the flip side

3. Special teams play

Rex is 4-9 against the Pats* in the last 6 years, which is more wins than all of the Bills coaches combined this Millennium

I enjoyed watching yesterdays game more than any football game in the last 20 years (Expect maybe for Pats SB losses).

I will keep my head in the clouds for a couple more days.

I live in Maine and watch the Bills - Pats game with a bunch of Pats fans.This is the 1st time I think the Bills can win!!

:w00t:

Rex is 4-9 against the Pats* in the last 6 years, which is more wins than all of the Bills coaches combined this Millennium

Take away the 2010 season and we're looking at 1-7 (1-3 of those games within 1 score). It's not like Ryan has Bellichick his number as of late. Rather the opposite, it seems that Bellichick seems to understand how to counter Ryan's gameplan. Bills coaches are 2-6 2011-2014.

Edited by bladiebla

Guys,

2. Gronk.

On the flip side

3. Special teams play

Edit: Spelling, now you try to translate this post into Dutch. :oops:

I saw a stat where Billecheat is only 5-5 against new QBs away. Not exactly stellar.

Guess where the Pats had the most trouble against the run? To the outside. Who is one of, if not the best, runner to the outside? McCoy. We'll see Sunday.

Guys,

Valid point.

2. Gronk.

?

He wasn't that bad.

On the flip side

3. Special teams play

Rex not always solid against the run? "Depends on what years you look at?" Um...

Okay, let's look at the years.

Beginning in 2005, in his first year as D coordinator with Baltimore, through his time as HC with NYJ, here's where his defenses have ranked in the NFL in YPA:

1. Ninth
  2. Second
  3. First
  4. Fifth
  5. First
  6. Fourth
  7. Seventh
  8. Twentieth
  9. First
  10. Sixth

So, yeah. I guess if you look at that ONE year, his run defenses aren't always top 10. :doh: Never mind they were top-5 six times and number one three times.

Rex not always solid against the run? "Depends on what years you look at?" Um...

Okay, let's look at the years.

Beginning in 2005, in his first year as D coordinator with Baltimore, through his time as HC with NYJ, here's where his defenses have ranked in the NFL in YPA:

1. Ninth
  2. Second
  3. First
  4. Fifth
  5. First
  6. Fourth
  7. Seventh
  8. Twentieth
  9. First
  10. Sixth

So, yeah. I guess if you look at that ONE year, his run defenses aren't always top 10. :doh: Never mind they were top-5 six times and number one three times.

Hmmm, jeah, I stand corrected. When we had Petine I looked up Rex his defense against the run and that number stuck I guess. Glad to be wrong on that one. \o/

Some people seem to forget Robey, Rambo, Williams, and Butler jumping all of those shallow quick reads in the first half and beating the crap out of the WR's (which eventually sent Hilton to the showers). And the 3rd Quarter was eaten up by the Colts drive, which was exactly what Rex wanted to do. They were going much more traditional in their pass rush and playing zone to keep things in front of them.

Your wrong on a bunch of them

At least I'm not claiming that someone with a 1-7 W/L ratio knows how to beat them, even the Bills did better with 2-6 over that same period. Let me get it straight though that I pray that Rex is able to improve on his record against them, starting now.

Scott Chandler has four fumbles. In his career. He also matched the single-season record for TDs by a TE in Buffalo ... twice ... on very crappy teams.

I'll never understand the Chandler hatred by Bills fans. I loved the guy.