Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was both Buddy and Whaleys pick?

of course Whaley had input. He was the director of player personnel, correct? He even confirmed that for anyone who thought he didn't have a great deal of input. Nix was the GM and made the final decision. You can blame Whaley if you want, but time to move on with the blame game IMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

of course Whaley had input. He was the director of player personnel, correct? He even confirmed that for anyone who thought he didn't have a great deal of input. Nix was the GM and made the final decision. You can blame Whaley if you want, but time to move on with the blame game IMO.

This was more Ol' Buddie's pick, his walk off shot on the way out. He basically stated the same leading up to the pick and the draft saying something like he wanted leave the Bills with their franchise QB before leaving or something like that. Bad, bad selection.

Hard not to like E.J. though.

I resign myself to the fact that apparently EJ is no good, never will be, and is on his way out of Buffalo. Good guy, bad QB.

Thanks, Buddy, for the draft pick on your way out.

Go Tyrod.

cray cray

I resign myself to the fact that apparently EJ is no good, never will be, and is on his way out of Buffalo. Good guy, bad QB.

Go Tyrod.

Consider that draft class. Geno? Barkley? Nassib? It was the wrong year to take a QB.

Hes a good kid that is too inaccurate and the game just has not slowed down for him as well. I dont think he gets cut imo. Lets remember hes a young kid that has 14 total games under his belt with an awful staff. His potential and low salary keeps him around. Simms to the practice squad.

Go Tyrod.

Hardly matters. This team isn't going to succeed or fail based on throwing the ball.

True. I'm just tired of fighting city hall on this issue -- apparently the entire NFL community has decided EJ isn't worth the effort, so it's time to move on.

Consider that draft class. Geno? Barkley? Nassib? It was the wrong year to take a QB.

The draft class doesn't matter at all. Who cares how good the other guys are, all the matters is how good the guy you drafted is.

The draft class doesn't matter at all. Who cares how good the other guys are, all the matters is how good the guy you drafted is.

Well if you recall correctly no one here said we shouldn't draft a QB in 2013. Oddly enough we did get the best QB that draft. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I have no issues with the pick either but I choose to look forward rather than backward. If he can help the team, then keep him. If he can't, then don't. I'm not qualified to make those decisions so I'll just root for whoever is on the field.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'll go on record.

EJ will make the team.

EJ will start this year for the Bills in at least one game.

Those are definitive to me. I still think EJ starts week 1.

No edits let's see how poor I am at projections....

I really like that kid a lot and I'm going to hold out hope for him until after the next game. BUT... The Washington "don't call them Redskins" have NO TIGHT END. Maybe we could package EJ with one or two and get either cousins or McCoy.. Just a little thought I had, it would only work if they were already going to release one of the QB's however. It could be pretty mutually beneficial

IMO, Buddy fell in love with Fitz, had resisted taking a QB, and then when he had no other option finally was forced to take someone reaching for E.J.

... and the rest is history. Almost...

+1.

I rarely comment on the EJ "issue" because it doesn't get me riled up as it does others. The draft is a crapshoot. You make the best decison you can with the information you have. Sometimes it does not work out. That year especially was a bunch of lottery tickets as far as QBs are concerned.

This wasn't a Whitner/Ngata or a Cushing/Orakpo/Maybin debate where overwhelming evidence contrasted with the front office decision.

I have no issues with the pick either but I choose to look forward rather than backward. If he can help the team, then keep him. If he can't, then don't. I'm not qualified to make those decisions so I'll just root for whoever is on the field.

That's really my point -- to look forward. I'm rooting for whoever is wearing the laundry.

It's about time there's a thread about whether or not picking EJ was a good move.

Even as someone that doesn't believe that he can be the guy I am okay with the EJ pick. They traded back and landed a pick that turned into Shady McCoy. It was a terrible QB draft and everyone knew it but they had to try to get a guy. They took a guy with a high ceiling and low floor. It hasn't worked out as they had hoped and I don't suspect that he will go elsewhere and light the league up. It still was a chance worth taking. Regroup and try again next year in a better QB draft.

Still ok with the pick. You have to take risks in trying to get a QB

^ Correct.

IMO, Buddy fell in love with Fitz, had resisted taking a QB, and then when he had no other option finally was forced to take someone reaching for E.J.

... and the rest is history. Almost...

^ Yep. Buddy couldn't get himself comfortable enough with Dalton, Kaepernick, Wilson, or Foles to take a shot on them earlier than their respective teams did, and it bit him in the rear.

Only way EJ isn't on the team is if we get something in return for him IMO

I continue to believe this as well--$2.5M is a lot of cap space to eat just to cut the guy...maybe they can IR him with a stubbed toe or something?

^ Correct.

^ Yep. Buddy couldn't get himself comfortable enough with Dalton, Kaepernick, Wilson, or Foles to take a shot on them earlier than their respective teams did, and it bit him in the rear.

I continue to believe this as well--$2.5M is a lot of cap space to eat just to cut the guy...maybe they can IR him with a stubbed toe or something?

this is why I actually think they play him more, not less, in the preseason if they don't think he he still in the race to win the job ... 1) showcase him for potential trade and 2) if he gets hurt you can IR him. Don't want the other 2 getting hurt if you think they are your guys.

Note: I use the term "showcase" in the general sense and realize he may not look "good"