Kujo ahead of Henderson at RT per Rex...

Props to Kujo for putting in the work in the off-season and working with LeCharles Bentley, it's obviously paying off as he has played well enough to be starting currently...now let's see what happens when the pads come on...

Honestly this would be the ideal scenario. With Kujo anchoring the RT this would make Seantrel the swing giving him time at both LT and RT. If Seantrel can prove he's a viable option at LT that will give the Bills some leverage when it comes time to re-sign Cordy Glenn. Also would provide opportunities for both Glenn and Henderson to play LG as well.

Props to Kujo for putting in the work in the off-season and working with LeCharles Bentley, it's obviously paying off as he has played well enough to be starting currently...now let's see what happens when the pads come on...

Got a link?

I believe Rex said he's probably ahead of Henderson now, which means, Kujo MIGHT be ahead of one of the worst rated tackles in the league last year. Nice for Kujo, but not really much to get excited about at this point.

I think this only means it's a competition. It's great that Kujo would be able to pull himself up from his bust of a rookie year, and it speaks very well to his character, but I wouldn't put much stock in him being ahead of Seantrel until the pads go on.

I think this only means it's a competition. It's great that Kujo would be able to pull himself up from his bust of a rookie year, and it speaks very well to his character, but I wouldn't put much stock in him being ahead of Seantrel until the pads go on.

Agreed. Kujo was so bad last year in pads that I would like to see him prove himself through the preseason before we anoint him a starter.

Seems Henderson is in Rex's doghouse - don't know if he'll get out

This is what I think. It pisses coaches off when players miss "voluntary practices" but they can't do much about it - when they miss mandatory practice they'll really come down on you.

Edited by Triple Threat

I saw Kujo on a plane from Atlanta to Tampa last night, shook his hand. I was sittin down and he was walking down the crowded isle, so no pictures.

Not sure where he was going in Tampa?

huge arms ? major wingspan?

cool though you shook hands with him for sure !

Agreed. Kujo was so bad last year in pads that I would like to see him prove himself through the preseason before we anoint him a starter.

either of them really.

We have no idea.

But Bills have some nice new ingredients in the mixture with Coaching the O.

and its second year for those rooks. both of them had a brutal year emotionally. Henderson was under fire and getting the snockers beat out of him and the QB as starter and Kujo was super humbled(embarrassed might be a better word).

Kromer has to instill self confidence into these kids i might imagine.

I seriously don't want to pick one to have a fine year. I want both of them to take a major step up.

Bills can line up six linemen with 3 tackles and move that D in short yardage i dont care who is starting.

Go Bills!

I believe Rex said he's probably ahead of Henderson now, which means, Kujo MIGHT be ahead of one of the worst rated tackles in the league last year. Nice for Kujo, but not really much to get excited about at this point.

agreed. but he did flash at times. and he certainly has potential. but Kujo has won the offseason so far :pirate:

Any athelete who wants to be a force in his sport and position works the offseason. That over used cliche with Kujo carry's very little weight IMO. In other words big deal. it's his job. rex is somewhat known as a motivator, he could just be blowing smoke to make training camp mean something for these players.

Edited by Best Player Available

Any athelete who wants to be a force in his sport and position works the offseason. That over used cliche with Kujo carry's very little weight IMO. In other words big deal. it's his job. rex is somewhat known as a motivator, he could just be blowing smoke to make training camp mean something for these players.

Big difference between doing some work on your own and basically enrolling yourself in a 10 week bootcamp...there are plenty of guys who wouldn't sign up for that, especially after reading how Bentley runs things...

Honestly this would be the ideal scenario. With Kujo anchoring the RT this would make Seantrel the swing giving him time at both LT and RT. If Seantrel can prove he's a viable option at LT that will give the Bills some leverage when it comes time to re-sign Cordy Glenn. Also would provide opportunities for both Glenn and Henderson to play LG as well.

This.

Interesting comment on the previous coaches vis a vis his comment about Kromer (below). I normally don't put much stock in this sort of comment, but this is a guy who had good coaching at Alabama:

"“Without being politically correct he’s probably one of the greatest coaches I’ve ever had because he tells us a lot of things that I didn’t know, and they work,” said Kouandjio. “A lot of coaches like to tell you a bunch of techniques that are basically like throwing a band aid on a problem, but those don’t work. He tells you a whole bunch of things that do work. He’s really detailed so there are no gray lines. He’s a great coach so it’s up to you to execute what he tells you to do. I’m just glad to have him.”

Edited by dave mcbride

I saw Kujo on a plane from Atlanta to Tampa last night, shook his hand. I was sittin down and he was walking down the crowded isle, so no pictures.

Not sure where he was going in Tampa?

In no particular order:

* Lived in SRQ 18 years before moving to Atlanta and I'd move back in a heartbeat - esp. every winter.

* How on earth did you recognize him? I get he's a huge human being, but....

* Hope he wasn't in Tampa for the strip clubs.

In no particular order:

* Lived in SRQ 18 years before moving to Atlanta and I'd move back in a heartbeat - esp. every winter.

* How on earth did you recognize him? I get he's a huge human being, but....

* Hope he wasn't in Tampa for the strip clubs.

So, you have doubts then?

Interesting comment on the previous coaches vis a vis his comment about Kromer (below). I normally don't put much stock in this sort of comment, but this is a guy who had good coaching at Alabama:

"Without being politically correct hes probably one of the greatest coaches Ive ever had because he tells us a lot of things that I didnt know, and they work, said Kouandjio. A lot of coaches like to tell you a bunch of techniques that are basically like throwing a band aid on a problem, but those dont work. He tells you a whole bunch of things that do work. Hes really detailed so there are no gray lines. Hes a great coach so its up to you to execute what he tells you to do. Im just glad to have him.

I know people thought I was crazy when I was pushing kromer before Marrone even left.... Starting to grow on people a little?

I know people thought I was crazy when I was pushing kromer before Marrone even left.... Starting to grow on people a little?

I said this last week, and I don't know if it is true, but I think that what may have happened last year was Marrone would come over in training camp and in practices and work specifically with the offensive linemen for a short while but way more than with any other position, which obviously the position coaches and coordinators would work with. And he would be "teaching" them technique, as he was pretty highly regarded at one time as an OL coach.

But perhaps he was teaching 10% of the time a certain philosophy which as HC the players would certainly put a lot of stock in, and 90% of the time they were being taught by Guy Morris, and Hackett, who has no background at all in OL play. Those three voices could have been wildly different to the linemen and contributed greatly to their confusion and lack of cohesion.

Granted, normally I would also think that these guys are professionals. No way they would do this. But after watching what Marrone actually did do with Pears and other OL and the offense as a whole and the Saint Doug crap he pulled, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility one bit.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I said this last week, and I don't know if it is true, but I think that what may have happened last year was Marrone would come over in training camp and in practices and work specifically with the offensive linemen for a short while but way more than with any other position, which obviously the position coaches and coordinators would work with. And he would be "teaching" them technique, as he was pretty highly regarded at one time as an OL coach.

But perhaps he was teaching 10% of the time a certain philosophy which as HC the players would certainly put a lot of stock in, and 90% of the time they were being taught by Guy Morris, and Hackett, who has no background at all in OL play. Those three voices could have been wildly different to the linemen and contributed greatly to their confusion and lack of cohesion.

Granted, normally I would also think that these guys are professionals. No way they would do this. But after watching what Marrone actually did do with Pears and other OL and the offense as a whole and the Saint Doug crap he pulled, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility one bit.

I don't know how, precisely, the coaches worked (other than not well), but judging from comments by some of the players it certainly appears to have been a "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario.

I won't be surprised to see across-the-board improvement on the OL, if for no other reason than they are hearing one consistent voice.

One player who should get a lot of attention as a potential priority free agent is Tyson Chandler (6-foot-5 3/4, 331 pounds), and for one reason -- his arms. Coaches today believe that long arms are the most important thing in the development of an offensive lineman, and Chandler's arms measure 36 5/8 inches.

Chandler also ran a 5.40 and 5.38 in the 40. He had a 4.84 short shuttle and 7.99 3-cone drill. He had a 27 1/2-inch vertical and 9-2 broad jump. And he had 31 strength lifts, which is really impressive for a guy who's got arms as long as he does.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000480925/article/longarmed-ol-intrigues-teams-at-north-carolina-state-pro-day

Talking about long arms

One thing that really stuck out to me when Kujo was giving an interview was talking about his "balance" and working on that in the OL bootcamp this summer (and is going back to it till training camp starts)

To me that was a huge issue with Kujo last year......DL would just work him in camp by going after his inability to maintain his balance laterally...........Kujo's strength was NEVER an issue from what I could see.....but he has to be able to slide out and keep DE's from taking an outside rush to the QB...then he needs to be able to keep his balance when they fake the outside rush then go inside (and hopefully now a OG will be good enough there to be able to help him out with that assignment)

The OG play last year was so bad with Pears......I feel like we just dont have an honest evaluation of kujo AND Seantrel

That's Buddy`s pick. Oh yeah Fred IS politics also.

I heard Whaley talk after EJ was drafted and I don't believe he wasn't fully on board with the pick. As for Fred, not cutting him might have been politics, but they also didn't need to cut him. If he merits a spot, he'll get it, otherwise he won't.