Can the Bills Make the Playoffs with Their QB Situation?

making them is nice. Winng them is even better. Although there are a few that went deep and one or two got to the big dance.

IMO winning with one of our current QB's combined with lack of playoff experience for most of the team, will be a tough order to fill.

it would be nice though. playoff windows are short IMO even without a franchise guy this teams window is 3-4 years, along the way some painful personel changes will happen.

making them is nice. Winng them is even better. Although there are a few that went deep and one or two got to the big dance.

IMO winning with one of our current QB's combined with lack of playoff experience for most of the team, will be a tough order to fill.

it would be nice though. playoff windows are short IMO even without a franchise guy this teams window is 3-4 years, along the way some painful personel changes will happen.

I understand the 'window' but I think we're all hoping that Whaley is the real deal, and with the Pegula's on board, we are building something long term. It can be done. There's no reason to think that in 4 years we are back to the Jauron days so we better win it now. I know what you mean, though. This defense is so good that we have a legit shot to do some damage if things come together on offense and the QB position. But by being a great drafting team, and having a guy like Jim Overdorff managing the cap situation, we should EXPECT that the young guys we draft will one day be stalwarts commanding the big contracts.

I mean, cheating aside, the Pats** have been contenders for 15 straight years. The Steelers have been great for a while. Ravens, too. I think we are in a good position and I honestly expect us to be building a team that will compete for a title every year from now on.

Haven't we been talking about this very topic for several months now? Does it really need a new thread?

In any case, I'll play...

We won 9 games last year. I think the addition of Rex, Roman, Percy, Shady, Clay, Incognito, etc ought to give us at least 1 more win which puts us on the cusp.

Yes they can! Some teams have even won a Super Bowl with career backups at the position. Rex even took the Jets to back to back conference championships with Mark Sanchez at QB so why can't we get in the playoffs with whoever starts for the Bills (hopefully EJ)?

Haven't we been talking about this very topic for several months now? Does it really need a new thread?

In any case, I'll play...

We won 9 games last year. I think the addition of Rex, Roman, Percy, Shady, Clay, Incognito, etc ought to give us at least 1 more win which puts us on the cusp.

no it does not. that is why I made the short post in response w/o mentioning a QB.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Who will be the first NO? Not me. So YES! QBs find their groove at different times in their career. EJ yet has yet to find his, Cassel may dust his off and Tyrod "Drill Bit" Taylor may surprise us all. Enjoy these three days because the next five weeks are gonna be long, slow and boring. Cant's wait for pads.

Who will be the first NO? Not me. So YES! QBs find their groove at different times in their career. EJ yet has yet to find his, Cassel may dust his off and Tyrod "Drill Bit" Taylor may surprise us all. Enjoy these three days because the next five weeks are gonna be long, slow and boring. Cant's wait for pads.

I'm honestly expecting 12-14 wins this season. And yes, I am prepared to be possibly wrong, but that's what I think. I believe EJ can be a top 10 QB in this league and I also think Taylor, if he wins the starting job, will astound with some of the plays he makes.

Yes they can, where it goes from there is another story. Some Home playoff games would be awesome!!!

By the way I had a better post with the word shanigans (spelling) but it would let me post it??? I am not tech savvy or a good speller...especially when drinking like this!!!!

What quarterback situation, exactly?

We won't know about our QB situation until sometime in the regular season. First we have to see who the starter is and then we have to see how he does in real games. I expect that may take a chunk of the regular season as the new offense gels and players solidify their roles.

Of course, none of that will stop the twitter masses from having conniptions after every unsuccessful play.

GO BILLS!!!

What quarterback situation, exactly?

We won't know about our QB situation until sometime in the regular season. First we have to see who the starter is and then we have to see how he does in real games. I expect that may take a chunk of the regular season as the new offense gels and players solidify their roles.

Of course, none of that will stop the twitter masses from having conniptions after every unsuccessful play.

GO BILLS!!!

A QB who will be a complementary part of the team as opposed to the foundation upon which the roster is built......Obviously.

The Bills almost made the playoffs with a lesser talented offense quarterbacked by Kyle Orton and coached by Marrone.

The only reason this team might not make the playoffs is due to the schedule makers who didn't do them any favors

@MatthewFairburn

Has a team with a QB situation like the Bills have ever made the playoffs? A few actually http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/06/history_says_buffalo_bills_can_make_the_playoffs_despite_their_quarterback_situa.html

CHk3yTwXAAIdgjx.jpg

History says.....Why Not?

we were close last year and with the offensive upgrades we should make it this year.

@MatthewFairburn

Has a team with a QB situation like the Bills have ever made the playoffs? A few actually http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/06/history_says_buffalo_bills_can_make_the_playoffs_despite_their_quarterback_situa.html

CHk3yTwXAAIdgjx.jpg

History says.....Why Not?

I am going with the optimism I carried over from last year, indeed we will.

I should say if we have a solid OL

This is similar to the issue raised in a Carucci mailbag question: Essentially, " the bills will go as far as the (fill in the blank) will take them? The choices were QB or OL. I agree its on the OL, because an average QB can get you there if you have a dominant D. The Bills have both--I'd say Cassel is at least average. We don't know what the OL will be yet. Based on last year's performance (atrocious) and outcome (9-7), they only need the OL to be average.