Petition for the Bills vs Jags game available on DirecTV

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hey I know you payed 10 mil for a contract, but can you just throw it away?"

Good luck gang

I'll be starting my "Petition To Shout Into The Wind", soon - keep your eyes open for that one!

More people can see it online than DirecTV....Most people have internet....not everyone has DirecTV. What's your reasoning?

More people can see it online than DirecTV....Most people have internet....not everyone has DirecTV. What's your reasoning?

I think the point is......it should be made available both on the internet and on DirecTV for those that pay the cost Sunday Ticket charges.

I have Sunday Ticket. I'd much prefer to walk down my stairs, put the TV on at 9:30 AM and watch the Bills on my 65" HDTV. Instead, I will have to get the game up on my laptop.....hook the laptop up to the t.v. and watch the game at what will surely be a much lower quality picture. I'll also have to deal with all of the interruptions via internet connections, that Yahoo will surely encounter in what is essentially a guinea pig trial for them.

Now, for those that don't pay for Sunday Ticket, great, you can watcht he Bills games. For those that plunk down hundred of $'s to see "Every game, Every Sunday", though, not quite fair IMO. Give us both options, don't force me to watch it through Yahoo's live stream, when I pay big bucks to watch it through DirecTV's satellite feed.

Edited by Estro

I think the point is......it should be made available both on the internet and on DirecTV for those that pay the cost Sunday Ticket charges.

I have Sunday Ticket. I'd much prefer to walk down my stairs, put the TV on at 9:30 AM and watch the Bills on my 65" HDTV. Instead, I will have to get the game up on my laptop.....hook the laptop up to the t.v. and watch the game at what will surely be a much lower quality picture. I'll also have to deal with all of the interruptions via internet connections, that Yahoo will surely encounter in what is essentially a guinea pig trial for them.

Now, for those that don't pay for Sunday Ticket, great, you can watcht he Bills games. For those that plunk down hundred of $'s to see "Every game, Every Sunday", though, not quite fair IMO. Give us both options, don't force me to watch it through Yahoo's live stream, when I pay big bucks to watch it through DirecTV's satellite feed.

I'm sure this will gain a lot of traction.

How many bars are open at 9:00 AM on a Sunday ??

In large cities a lot of them, especially if they're a Backers bar. Games start at 10am on the west coast.I look forward to seeing all my friends on Sunday at the bar and it's bull ****.

In large cities a lot of them, especially if they're a Backers bar. Games start at 10am on the west coast.I look forward to seeing all my friends on Sunday at the bar and it's bull ****.

Why not invite your friends over and have a bloody mary party at your place? Could be fun. Have the ladies wear pajamas....

I for one hate direct TV. The only decent thing about it is the football package, and it's unfair that the rest of us have to choose their terrible cable service if we want to watch out of market football. Personally, I usually go to the bars on Sundays too, but I would greatly prefer to watch football all day on Fios at home. Unfortunately, the best case we have is to wait until 2022 for the contract to expire. Unless DTV goes under before then....

How many bars are open at 9:00 AM on a Sunday ??

Bleacher Bar in Boston (Bills Backers) opens @ 11am, SON! I could catch halftime there. I know this because I had to wait outside for it to open in order to watch Bryce Brown fumble my hopes through Scott Chanlders 7 hole and then out of the back of the endzone that day. :)

Why not invite your friends over and have a bloody mary party at your place? Could be fun. Have the ladies wear pajamas....

I for one hate direct TV. The only decent thing about it is the football package, and it's unfair that the rest of us have to choose their terrible cable service if we want to watch out of market football. Personally, I usually go to the bars on Sundays too, but I would greatly prefer to watch football all day on Fios at home. Unfortunately, the best case we have is to wait until 2022 for the contract to expire. Unless DTV goes under before then....

weird.. I think DirecTV rules the planet over any cable company when it comes to TV subscriptions.

In fact every-time I have to use cable I am reminded how terrible it is, and how much I prefer DirecTV

that being said I'm not signing the petition

Should we start taking bets for how soon after kickoff people will start bitching about the glitches

Sure, I'll take 4 months after people bitched about it being streamed online for free

Edited by Crayola64

Have you ever tried to watch anything on Yahoo! Screen? If so, I hope you've had better luck than I have -- it tends to buffer and freeze a lot; it's hard to pair with any casting device. I love "Community," and feel this has been a great season, but am now episodes behind, b/c it's just near-impossible to try to watch. Hopefully they will grow by leaps and bounds by then, but it's definitely valid and not overly petty to protest a "free" thing if it's something that is time-sensitive, for which you are currently paying, and which now you may not be able to get.

Should we start taking bets for how soon after kickoff people will start bitching about the glitches

If you cannot watch the game, are you not going to be upset? The Bills Bars in NYC go crazy when the satellites go down. This seems the most basic of fan desires, the ability to actually watch the game.

weird.. I think DirecTV rules the planet over any cable company when it comes to TV subscriptions.

In fact every-time I have to use cable I am reminded how terrible it is, and how much I prefer DirecTV

that being said I'm not signing the petition

I agree DTV is so much better than cable...you can negotiate discounts all the time...

I also will not sign the petition, but rather, will add this game as a reason that I should again get the Sunday ticket for free. Has that thread been started yet?

Do you realize how much bandwidth you'd need?

Also data reserves if you're going to connect by phone.

In April I used my cell modem to watch the Masters on my laptop and it used up my monthly data allocation in just a few hours (and I had to pay an overage charge). Not doing that again...

So what time are we coming over to your house, and can you send pics of the girls coming in pj's?

Just kidding and not a big deal. I'm just hopeful as I just changed out and have all internet TV's that I can enjoy not on the laptop.

I was just thinking about a Bills Breakfast party. A nice casserole, donuts, and of course bloody Mary's. I've never streamed on yahoo but I've used WWE Network to watch wrestlemania live and it worked great. Clear HD picture and no slow downs at all, and this is on the big screen through Apple TV. I'm not sweating it too much.

Have you ever tried to watch anything on Yahoo! Screen? If so, I hope you've had better luck than I have -- it tends to buffer and freeze a lot; it's hard to pair with any casting device. I love "Community," and feel this has been a great season, but am now episodes behind, b/c it's just near-impossible to try to watch. Hopefully they will grow by leaps and bounds by then, but it's definitely valid and not overly petty to protest a "free" thing if it's something that is time-sensitive, for which you are currently paying, and which now you may not be able to get.

If you cannot watch the game, are you not going to be upset? The Bills Bars in NYC go crazy when the satellites go down. This seems the most basic of fan desires, the ability to actually watch the game.

I haven't had an issue watching Community on Apple TV. It's basically the same quality as Netflix has been and I have the cheapest internet only package through Time Warner. Not saying this to discount your experience, but it could be something else causing the problems.