Most Reviled Coach of the Bills

Skunk Boy was the biggest jerk out of em all.

Jauron and Gailey seemed like good guys. .just not good head coaches

Marrone and Mularkey are pretty much the same guy.. I believe they both went 9-7 and then bailed. I don't believe Mularkey ever got another head coaching gig and I hope the same happens to Marrone

Big difference in my mind between really not liking a coach because of the guy, and really not liking a coach because he was a crappy coach.

I never liked Jauron as a coach but thought he was a great guy.

There have been some pitiful coaches over the years. I wasn't a big fan of Gregg Williams as a guy but he didn't annoy me like Marrone did.

I just grew to not like Marrone at all for both on the field and off the field stuff. I was not pissed at him for bailing though, I was rather thrilled and it cemented my beliefs that he was just an ass.

Big difference in my mind between really not liking a coach because of the guy, and really not liking a coach because he was a crappy coach.

I never liked Jauron as a coach but thought he was a great guy.

There have been some pitiful coaches over the years. I wasn't a big fan of Gregg Williams as a guy but he didn't annoy me like Marrone did.

I just grew to not like Marrone at all for both on the field and off the field stuff. I was not pissed at him for bailing though, I was rather thrilled and it cemented my beliefs that he was just an ass.

I celebrated when he quit. He saved the owners the trouble of getting rid of him.

Building off Beerballs most reviled player topic what coach got under your skin the most. In the 2000's we had Grego, Mularky, Chan, Marrone its like a smorgasbord! But I have to go with Crafty Dick Jauron myself!

c'mon it's MAROON by a mile, nobody walked out like him, when the entire organization and fan base is totally caught off guard you're an asshat. Plus he is obviously St Doug and all.

Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough are right up there with ineptness.

Marrone and Mularkey are pretty much the same guy.. I believe they both went 9-7 and then bailed. I don't believe Mularkey ever got another head coaching gig and I hope the same happens to Marrone

Yeah, but different circumstances. When Levy took over the GM spot, Malarkey knew he wasn't Marv's guy. Short of winning the SB, he knew he was gone when the season ended.

Also, Malarkey did get another HC gig. He was the HC of the Jaguars for one year. It will be a long time before Marrone gets another shot, if ever.

Edited by Cynical

Just for pure football reasons, for me, it has to be Dick Jauron. Good guy for sure, but I think the Jauron era was the most miserable era of Bills football for me. My cognizant life as a Bills fan starts in 1972... I realize, there were much worse Bills teams in my lifetime as a fan, but none was as consistently dull and joyless as Jaurons teams. He epitomized the concept of playing the game not to lose, rather than playing to win. Just terrible to watch more often than not. And what is particularly galling is that I think the Jauron era teams had more talent than the train wreck teams of Stephenson and Bullough. Put me down for DJ!

Gailey sticking with George Edwards after year 1. And his self proclaimed offensive genius which was nothing more than getting away with borderline illegal picks. Terrible coach. Terrible hire. Terrible to retain him after the first year, terrible to retain him after the second year, and inconceivably terrible to waste a third year with him. For "continuities sake"

For all the Marrone hate, he actually earned the only winning record for the Bills this century.

Gailey sticking with George Edwards after year 1. And his self proclaimed offensive genius which was nothing more than getting away with borderline illegal picks. Terrible coach. Terrible hire. Terrible to retain him after the first year, terrible to retain him after the second year, and inconceivably terrible to waste a third year with him. For "continuities sake"

For all the Marrone hate, he actually earned the only winning record for the Bills this century.

Wrong. Mularky also.

Hank Bullough, Harvey Johnson, Kay Stevenson... take your pick. You young whippersnappers don't know nothing about bad coaches. Jauron, Mullarky, Marrone, they ain't a scab on a bad coach's ass compared them jerks!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

c'mon it's MAROON by a mile, nobody walked out like him, when the entire organization and fan base is totally caught off guard you're an asshat. Plus he is obviously St Doug and all.

Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough are right up there with ineptness.

Lou Saban says Hi! -twice

Kay Stephenson should be coach of the 80's decade for two 2-14 seasons that earned us Bruce, Jim and many others that led to the glory years.

how tanking is done right :flirt:

Harvey Johnson. Man, those were disfunctional days...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Johnson_(coach)

"It was speculated that Johnson's love of thoroughbred horse racing, a passion he shared with owner Ralph Wilson, allowed him to stay on the Bills payroll despite his poor performance in coaching..."

Wow! that is insane, thanks Ralph.

For me it's gotta be Marrone with Gregg a close second.

Donahue was blown away by Greggo's binder, so he hired him over Marvin Lewis. SMH!

or John Fox