Bills 2015 Slogan (for FO): "One ego, one goal"

A direct slap in the face to Marrone.

This front office, while making a lot of good moves seems to be a bit spiteful and overly sensitive.

The lose of Marrone hurt a lot more than many know. It shocked the FO, however, in turn, made them stronger.

OBD may have room to mature but they are doing a great job.

Imo

This front office, while making a lot of good moves seems to be a bit spiteful and overly sensitive.

The lose of Marrone hurt a lot more than many know. It shocked the FO, however, in turn, made them stronger.

Imo

Tough not to be spiteful and overly sensitive. They hired their guy and he bolts with no warning after 1 year, leaving them in a lurch with a new owner who already would be tempted to clean house and bring in his own people.

Tough not to be spiteful and overly sensitive. They hired their guy and he bolts with no warning after 1 year, leaving them in a lurch with a new owner who already would be tempted to clean house and bring in his own people.

He had an option in his contract. Do you think Whaley was unaware of that?

It is tough, but not ideal behavior, if this, in fact is a low blow to Marrone.

Imo

He had an option in his contract. Do you think Whaley was unaware of that?

I think the purpose behind the option was a new owner who would be tempted to clean house. Option would give marrone protection.

But they got a new owner who liked marrone and wasn't going to clean house. I don't think they envisioned him exercising the option under those circumstances and just to cash in and try to find something better.

I bet there was a lot of bitterness and feelings of betrayal.

I think the purpose behind the option was a new owner who would be tempted to clean house. Option would give marrone protection.

But they got a new owner who liked marrone and wasn't going to clean house. I don't think they envisioned him exercising the option under those circumstances and just to cash in and try to find something better.

I bet there was a lot of bitterness and feelings of betrayal.

I just look at how Marrone and Whaley were on such different wavelengths in 2014, and I just don't know how bitter you could feel about someone you didn't really agree with moving on.

Imo

I read it differently...this is more about how Rex feels a kinship with the Pegulas and Whaley as opposed to what he was dealing with in New Jersey.

The loss of Marrone hasn't (and won't) hurt this team a bit.

I read it differently...this is more about how Rex feels a kinship with the Pegulas and Whaley as opposed to what he was dealing with in New Jersey.

The loss of Marrone hasn't (and won't) hurt this team a bit.

i agree. I actually think it was an ode to Idzik from Rex, not an ode to marrone from Whaley. I doubt whaley thinks about marrone too much. But I do think Rex has a chip on his shoulder about what idzik did with his roster, especially since he completely mismanaged his personnel in the secondary. Edited by YoloinOhio

Imo

Not sure about the bolded comment. Can you explain your opinion? I think he improved the culture but hurt things more than he helped. Too many notable missteps which have been well-documented.

I actually think that it is pretty simple. We have all worked in environments where we don't see eye to eye with someone that we work closely with. I had a coworker about 4 years ago that saw things almost exactly the opposite way that I did. We were very good friends outside of work, had the same goal but just could not agree on how to achieve that goal. It was incredibly frustrating and we had our share of confrontations on different subjects. I think that was certainly the case with Marrone and the Bills group as well as Rex and Idzik.

Now, both sides are seeing things through the same lens and it makes it easier. They have a similar philosophy on how to achieve that common goal.

I actually think that it is pretty simple. We have all worked in environments where we don't see eye to eye with someone that we work closely with. I had a coworker about 4 years ago that saw things almost exactly the opposite way that I did. We were very good friends outside of work, had the same goal but just could not agree on how to achieve that goal. It was incredibly frustrating and we had our share of confrontations on different subjects. I think that was certainly the case with Marrone and the Bills group as well as Rex and Idzik.

Now, both sides are seeing things through the same lens and it makes it easier. They have a similar philosophy on how to achieve that common goal.

I don't think Marrone was well liked in the organization from the towel boys & janitors to the players right onto the top of the front office. I think he was very condencending & full of himself. I also feel it would be highly unlikely that Hughes signs here if Marrone stayed. I really don't think too many people within the organization were sad to see Marrone go.

Edited by Gordio