QB Bryce Petty - Pick #50?

KDIGGZ

A little over a month until draft time. Let's get the Bryce Petty to Buffalo rumors going!

#Bills coach Rex Ryan was in Waco last week to work out Baylor QB Bryce Petty.

RT @gil_brandt: #Bills coach Rex Ryan was in Waco last week to work out Baylor QB Bryce Petty.

Baylor coach Art Briles thinks Bryce Petty is going in the first round http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Jzo

Mike Mayock says "Petty is the most natural passer in the draft"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479740/article/mayock-bryce-petty-might-be-most-natural-thrower-in-draft

Edited by kdiggz

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 years old..... strong arm, can throw the ball with some accuracy and has impressive athleticism for his size. But the skills he lacks are more important to his success in the NFL. As mentioned, he struggles when faced with pressure and has hardly shown the ability to keep his eyes down the field and reset his feet to make an accurate throw. His deep accuracy is shoddy at best, he doesn't read the entire field and he fails to throw the ball with anticipation.

EJ's re-entering the draft?

I'm not sure I would bother with a qb this year unless it's in the 5th or greater. I wouldn't mind trading for an additional first next year to have the ammo to move up and get someone. Even if it means giving up the 2nd this year.

not a lot of good QB's next year. the top projected QB will be Connor Cook from Michigan State. watch Bryce Petty outplay him in the Cotton Bowl a couple of months ago...

https://youtu.be/nUg7ldPla7w

not a lot of good QB's next year. the top projected QB will be Connor Cook from Michigan State. watch Bryce Petty outplay him in the Cotton Bowl a couple of months ago...

i love Connor Cook. He's would be my top choice. Also there will be Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenburg, and Cody Kessler. Edited by YoloinOhio

I wasn't a big fan of Petty before and I didn't even realize he is about to be 24 already. That offense makes QBs. My prediction: the new Baylor Qb will put up monster numbers. Same with Texas A & M, see how Johnny Rehab looks in the NFL. The talent of teams like Baylor and Texas A&M are the head coaches.

Also, if the Bills are really interested, unless they are super dumb, they would keep that interest as quiet as possible.

i love Connor Cook. He's would be my top choice. Also there will be Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenburg, and Cody Kessler.

Man, people love Cook. An under 60% passer in a 3 team Big 10 worries me a bit.

I wasn't a big fan of Petty before and I didn't even realize he is about to be 24 already. That offense makes QBs. My prediction: the new Baylor Qb will put up monster numbers. Same with Texas A & M, see how Johnny Rehab looks in the NFL. The talent of teams like Baylor and Texas A&M are the head coaches.

Also, if the Bills are really interested, unless they are super dumb, they would keep that interest as quiet as possible.

i have no idea what his stats are but he's my favorite QB prospect from watching the games.

Didn't Texas A&M's new QB suck and transfer?

So much changes it's hard to say with certainty what will be there next year. There have been a lot of "next year" qb's as well as weak classes that turned out okay. I just think that is still our biggest need and I think we have a better chance at getting a guy who can make a difference if we have two first round picks. If there isn't anyone available next year, we can always pull a pats* and hopefully keep pushing that pick into the next year until we can get someone.

I personally think we are okay at QB given the draft and FA prospects available. Let's shore up the OL in the draft and go from there. If we can turn in another 9-7 record or better, that would be fine. Then in 2016 look at what needs still need to be filled. Just my humble opinion.

Didn't Texas A&M's new QB suck and transfer?

He threw for 511 yards and 3 tds against a top 10 in his first start.

When he got benched, he was completing 67% of his passes for 23 tds, 8 ints. Those numbers got him benched.

Swing and a miss from you again.

He threw for 511 yards and 3 tds against a top 10 in his first start.

When he got benched, he was completing 67% of his passes for 23 tds, 8 ints. Those numbers got him benched.

Swing and a miss from you again.

So he didn't play poorly and end up transferring?

Pretty sure he threw 7 INTs in 3 losses, with a 59-0 loss to Alabama. Hardly "monster numbers," except when playing the Rice's of the world.

Edited by FireChan

A little over a month until draft time. Let's get the Bryce Petty to Buffalo rumors going!

Gil Brandt@Gil_Brandt 23m23 minutes ago

#Bills coach Rex Ryan was in Waco last week to work out Baylor QB Bryce Petty.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 20m20 minutes ago

RT @gil_brandt: #Bills coach Rex Ryan was in Waco last week to work out Baylor QB Bryce Petty.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

Baylor coach Art Briles thinks Bryce Petty is going in the first round http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Jzo

Mike Mayock says "Petty is the most natural passer in the draft"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479740/article/mayock-bryce-petty-might-be-most-natural-thrower-in-draft

That would suck... He is no better then EJ. Don't know if I want a guy that could complete more then 29% of his third downs when the NFL starters in college all did more then 39% except Newton and Tannehill. Edited by Beef Jerky

Some projects develop while others don't. It's not "one size fits all." And EJ's size is a small.

I agree with you. My point is that it makes no sense to spend a pick and abandon a project, just to pick up a fresh one. Especially when Roman had great success with Kaep for 1.5 years, whose measurables and deficiencies look similar.

Cassel, ej, Taylor and tuel preclude you from taking a QB if you like him? REALLY?

Yes. Really. With our first pick?

When we haven't yet addressed the O-line, when we have to start considering life after Kyle, when Dareus could be due a Brinks truck, when we still have opportunities for a rookie to come in and contribute to the defensive secondary, the Bills would be completely !@#$ing nuts to spend the #50 pick on a QB who won't catch a glimpse of action until 2017, at the earliest.

I personally think we are okay at QB given the draft and FA prospects available. Let's shore up the OL in the draft and go from there. If we can turn in another 9-7 record or better, that would be fine. Then in 2016 look at what needs still need to be filled. Just my humble opinion.

WT*%^&!

2 posts in, you are oK with another 9-7 record!

( Sorry, shouldn't be so hard on ya since your new here but *^&&*^%$, with all the moves done so far, SB or bust.... 19-0 BABY)

Edited by bonechiller

Missing the playoffs would be absolute failure.

That would suck... He is no better then EJ. Don't know if I want a guy that could complete more then 29% of his third downs when the NFL starters in college all did more then 39% except Newton and Tannehill.

That is a great stat and I would love to see other Qbs'. Where did you get that? Love, love that stat.

Bills are clearly in win now mode and since they don't hv a first I highly doubt they use the 50th pick on a QB

I also don't see Petty going in the second and think he will prob be there in the third and maybe even the 4th

If they think he's worth #50 then by all means do it. Everyone complains we don't have a great QB, yet nobody wants to spend the assets it takes to acquire one. What's the point on taking a 7th round flyer when the odds of them becoming successful is WAY lower than a higher pick? 7th round flyers on Guards and TEs are much more likely to be successful than a QB. Everyone has their priorities backwards, but their whining always in order.

Yes. Really. With our first pick?

When we haven't yet addressed the O-line, when we have to start considering life after Kyle, when Dareus could be due a Brinks truck, when we still have opportunities for a rookie to come in and contribute to the defensive secondary, the Bills would be completely !@#$ing nuts to spend the #50 pick on a QB who won't catch a glimpse of action until 2017, at the earliest.

Actually I think exactly the opposite. I think now is a great time to take a QB in rounds 2 or 3 if they like one. Year in and year out, good QBs just don't become available in FA or trades. So, if EJ does not pan out, at least we will have this dude in the NFL for a year or two as opposed to us scrambling next year or the year after to draft one out of need and again be on the bubble.

Actually I think exactly the opposite. I think now is a great time to take a QB in rounds 2 or 3 if they like one. Year in and year out, good QBs just don't become available in FA or trades. So, if EJ does not pan out, at least we will have this dude in the NFL for a year or two as opposed to us scrambling next year or the year after to draft one out of need and again be on the bubble.

I dont like any of the QBs that might be available to us at #50, but I wouldnt be upset with the FO for picking one there. It's an important position, and this franchise needs to start making up for 50 years of ignoring it.

I hear all of this, but I didn't make my comment in a hypothetical vacuum. I made it specifically about a project like Bryce Petty.

I don't like the idea of picking a project QB in the second round with our current QB situation.

Yes, agreed.

I hear all of this, but I didn't make my comment in a hypothetical vacuum. I made it specifically about a project like Bryce Petty.

Yes, agreed.

I'd rather pick a project in the second this year, then reach for a project in the first next year.