Rumor: Pats* targeting Stevie Johnson.

At least Sammy spends time doing offseason conditioning work.

Unfortunately that doesn't make him, or any athlete invincible to injury. I remember a few years ago when fans were questioning the Bills conditioning coaches/programs because of all the injuries that were happening. Injuries are just part of the game, that will never change.

Edited by Bubba Gump

Unfortunately that doesn't make him, or any athlete invincible to injury. I remember a few years ago when fans were questioning the Bills conditioning coaches/programs because of all the injuries that were happening. Injuries are just part of the game, that will never change.

Stevie plays a lot but you've got to see he's nicked up quite a bit it seems. That's not to say he's terrible- but it is a negative

If they roll with Stevie, Edelman, and amendola as the top 3 they would have the most prolific trio of slot receivers around. Your barely need safeties as long as you don't terribly blow coverage or miss tackles

Gronk and Chandler up the seams keep you honest. You'll need safties.

I figured it was a reference to running a one deep against them.

And while I agree that Chandler isn't a deep treat, he makes his living in the 16-25 yard range up the seam.

Essentially the more serious and thoughtful point of the joke is no one is running by us covering those 3.

Folks talked about clay and McCoy and harvin as guys the defense must always account for - Edelman, amendola, Stevie and chandler are guys you just can't totally forget about.... That's not to say they won't have a ton of 15 play scoring drives but with a stout play making defense that can be relentless for 60 minutes - i like those odds more than the talk of bush and harvin earlier today. If the former get behind us, we screwed up- harvin and bush do that to well played defenses though

Gronk will of course be gronk and that's a beast but....

Edited by NoSaint

I wonder if he will be able to run precise routes for Brady to find him. I don't see his free style route running meshing with that offense and Brady.

Seriously??? Brady stands there lock-kneed, starring down a receiver, with no pressure whatsoever, until someone gets open on a drag route. SJ would have 120 receptions in that offense

Maybe the pats are running scared and trying to push Rex out of the east. Step 1: Sign anybody who played in Buffalo. Step 2: Have Tom Brady throw them the football. Step 3; said ex-Bills become "super-stars". Step 4: Buffalo fans get their pitch forks and run FO and staff out of town for letting such talent walk. Step 5: Pegs clears house, and we go back to irrelevancy.

I'll bet he signs with the Chargers. I doubt he likes the Pats, will probably get more money from the Chargers, and he gets to stay on the left coast.

True. After that bombing Gillette Stadium comment he made, I don't think he has many supporters in NE.

That can be forgiven. Look at Bills fans and Bradon Spikes.

True, but I think Bills fans have more sense than Pats* fans. They'll remember the SJ comment, but not know who was on the team before Brady, except for Bledsoe. In other words, Bills fans can forgive if someone will help the team, whereas NE fans continuously hold grudges.

Edited by Bubba Gump

Maybe the pats are running scared and trying to push Rex out of the east. Step 1: Sign anybody who played in Buffalo. Step 2: Have Tom Brady throw them the football. Step 3; said ex-Bills become "super-stars". Step 4: Buffalo fans get their pitch forks and run FO and staff out of town for letting such talent walk. Step 5: Pegs clears house, and we go back to irrelevancy.

If that were their philosophy they should NEVER have sat their starters during Week 17 - it single-handedly led to Marrone's failed coup and Rex's Reign...