Cleveland Browns new logo

I don't see a logo at all. just a very orange helmet

what a waste of time. Did the owner ask a homeless bum his opinion on this decision too

LOL.

maybe having a real logo might spur merchandise

sales but with this owner nothing is really possible

I feel bad for the great fans of Cleveland that there stuck with this idiot

Good for them, all they need now is a new owner, FO, and HC and they will be all set...

OR... They could all just dye their hair, hit up the tanning salon and then *boom* good as new.

I like the old color better, for what it's worth.

yeah. The new one is too much like the Bengals now.

People actually get paid to come up with stuff like this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/browns-reveal-new-logo-old-logo-article-1.2127288

Try to lighten up and come at this from the perspective an actual professional graphic designer.

What do you have to work with exactly?

The team is named after a boring, common surname, which is evocative of one of the least stylish and most ugly colors on the entire spectrum.

You take it from there. What do YOU come up with?

I know, it's a lot easier to attack others than shine a light on your own talent, or lack thereof.

Edited by Stopthepain

Try to lighten up and come at this from the perspective an actual professional graphic designer.

What do you have to work with exactly?

The team is named after a boring, common surname, which is evocative of one of the least stylish and most ugly colors on the entire spectrum.

You take it from there. What do YOU come up with?

I know, it's a lot easier to attack others than shine a light on your own talent, or lack thereof.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_new_uniforms.html

Leave it to the Browns to overpay a logo designer to simply swap out their printer with better ink cartridges

I would however like to see the chargers commit to going back to their powder blues. That would be worth the buildup.

Haha. I'm totally stealing that dude.

Their new unis better be great, because so far, this is a joke...

I think this guy hits the nail on the head.

(no, it's not Peter Pan)

Great article. In particular I loved:

"Someone was actually paid big bucks to write "The orange ... matches the passion of our fans and city" And talking points like the brown facemask bringing toughness and a "play like a Brown mantra". "

The new "Dog" logo is waaay worse.

I have a bigger problem with the way the franchise hyped it all up in the media as this grand unveiling. Feels like they wanted to distract people from the mess in the front office so they promised something big, realized they couldn't actually put a logo on the helmet and had to do something somewhat noticeable so changed the orange and facemask.

The Browns are such a joke. It seems every year their fans get completely fed up by the end of the season and swear off the team, then the team does something flashy (draft Johnny, hire a new coach, hire a new gm, "change their logo") and people forget they were mad and go right back to blindly buying in by the time August rolls around.

The new "Dog" logo is waaay worse.

I have a bigger problem with the way the franchise hyped it all up in the media as this grand unveiling. Feels like they wanted to distract people from the mess in the front office so they promised something big, realized they couldn't actually put a logo on the helmet and had to do something somewhat noticeable so changed the orange and facemask.

The Browns are such a joke. It seems every year their fans get completely fed up by the end of the season and swear off the team, then the team does something flashy (draft Johnny, hire a new coach, hire a new gm, "change their logo") and people forget they were mad and go right back to blindly buying in by the time August rolls around.

This. I realize there is only so much you can do with the helmet but why the unnecessary build-up?

This. I realize there is only so much you can do with the helmet but why the unnecessary build-up?

...and the absolutely ridiculous writeup on the Oranges' website about the "passion" of the color orange and "toughness" of the color brown. If I'm a fan of that team I'm embarrassed today.

It really might be the worst logo "reveal" in the history of professional sports.

...and the absolutely ridiculous writeup on the Oranges' website about the "passion" of the color orange and "toughness" of the color brown. If I'm a fan of that team I'm embarrassed today.

It really might be the worst logo "reveal" in the history of professional sports.

I seriously thought it was something from The Onion when I read it.

distracting attention

to deflect that they have a huge ? at QB

More likely to deflect from "text-gate" (can we stop putting "gate" on anything remotely controversial already) and the string of negative media attention painting Haslam as a more clueless Jerry Jones or Al Davis wannabe.