Guess Hughe$$ contract

YoloinOhio

dropping 10 mil a year would be 30% of our cap allowance for 2015. Not sure this is a smart move for a guy that is elevated about above average. On any other team he would be average or only slightly better. I want him back because he is a useful asset to this team, just not sure if he should be paid Mario Williams type money. Save that for Dareus next year.

dropping 10 mil a year would be 30% of our cap allowance for 2015. Not sure this is a smart move for a guy that is elevated about above average. On any other team he would be average or only slightly better. I want him back because he is a useful asset to this team, just not sure if he should be paid Mario Williams type money. Save that for Dareus next year.

FYI Mario averages 16 million a year.

5 yrs

24 guarenteed

It's not Mario Williams money and with the cap set to shoot up it's not crazy money for a guy like hughes. If it gets to Mario money Id agree but it's not close.

I will try to do a break down as well...

6 years, $60 million, $20 million signing bonus and $7 million annual report bonuses kicking in 2016

2015 $1,500,000 base $3.67 signing bonus - Cap Hit is $5.16 million

2016 $2,000,000 base $3.67 signing bonus $ 2 million report bonus - Cap Hit is $7.67 million

2017 $3,000,000 base $3.67 signing bonus $2 million report bonus - Cap Hit is $8.67 million

2018 $7,000,000 base $3.67 signing bonus $1 million report bonus - Cap Hit is $11.67 million

2019 $9,000,000 base $3.67 signing bonus $1 million report bonus - Cap Hit is $13.67 million

2020 $8,500,000 base $3.67 signing bonus $1 million report bonus - Cap Hit is $13.17 million

Hughes' contract cap hits escalate as Mario moves off the payroll...

Marcell Dareus is a much more pivotal player, so whatever they do I hope it's not so much that Dareus leaves next year. I really don't think Hughes is worth more than $6-7M per year, but I realize he'd prob. get closer to $10-$12M on the open market so if they're "getting close" I'm guessing the Bills offers are getting closer to that $10M per year mark.

Let's just hope they have a plan for Dareus next year if they do overpay Jerry this year, definitely don't want to see that guy go.

Edited by Estro

5 years, $50million, $35million guaranteed. I think the Bills are going to go the road of offering him a lot of guaranteed money to try and keep their cap hit manageable. This is the first indication we will really get of how the Whaley era wants to manage the cap going forward, especially in an era where we genuinely have some of our own guys coming up who deserve paying.

• 3 weeks later...

- 4 years (with optional 5th)

- 50 M total dollars

- 20 M amount guaranteed

FWIW F tag

$14.8 million based on the NFL average of the top five salaries at that position,

http://espn.go.com/n...hughes-45m-deal

The Buffalo Bills and defensive end Jerry Hughes have agreed on a five-year deal worth more than $45 million, a source confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

was I close enough?

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that there is $20 million in guaranteed money and that the full value of the deal is at least $45 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/report-bills-jerry-hughes-agree-to-five-year-contract/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever