What went wrong with Doug Marrone's Jet's Interview?

Vinaccia

Has anybody found any source or report stating the exact reason why Doug Jabroni's interview with the Jets went so bad? Do you think it was the fact that his controlling nature came out -OR- do you think he started trash talking the Bills and their organization to the point where the Jets just simply thought he was disrespectful and unprofessional? I think he, being so arrogant, thought he was going to get the job no matter what and did not prepare properly and most likely had no actual plan in place, to explain, for turning around that team coupled with both trashing the Bills organization and alluding to the fact that he would control all aspects of the team as head coach. Furthermore - that - in addition to his overall losing record in both college and the pros, I think made the Jets and other team's NOT want a losing record with a coach like him. Doug MORON lost out on another guaranteed 4 million dollars if he would have been fired next year. His plan backfired of getting a guaranteed head Coach salary along with another from a different team and he deserves to be mocked and ridiculed for his atrocious business decision. Now as an offensive line coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars which is sure to regress under him, I can comfortably and happily say... Doug Marrone Head Coach 2009 - 2014 BIH (burn in hell instead of RIP).

Woody Johnson: "so, thanks for coming, Doug. What I would like to do is..."

DM: "stop right there, woody. I am controlling this interview. First thing, change the paint in here; I hate blue. Make it tiel. Second, that receptionist doesnt know what she is doing; so I fired her.

woody: "wait. You...?"

DM: "yup; gone. You can thank me later. I brought in Lois. She was the receptionist at Syracuse. So, where is my office?"

It's a small league. We found out Marrone talked trash on his way out the door, as he picked up a cool million for quitting. What more might the Jets have found out?

Or, maybe after firing a HC/GM duo that famously couldn't get along, they didn't want a power hungry HC who couldn't get along with his GM?

Or, maybe the reality of firing a HC that ALL the players loved, for a HC that players publicly voiced disdain for as he was leaving, set in.

Or, maybe they watched some film of our offense?

Woody Johnson: "so, thanks for coming, Doug. What I would like to do is..."

DM: "stop right there, woody. I am controlling this interview. First thing, change the paint in here; I hate blue. Make it tiel. Second, that receptionist doesnt know what she is doing; so I fired her.

woody: "wait. You...?"

DM: "yup; gone. You can thank me later. I brought in Lois. She was the receptionist at Syracuse. So, where is my office?"

Perfect

I know we live in 2015 America, where the story needs to be written and the book must be closed before the event has played itself out, but let's see what happens this season, shall we?

If (and I don't think it will happen) the Bills finish worse than 9-7 this year, Doug will be the only coach to come in here and post a winning record in the last decade. That will get him a job by lunch time on Black Monday 2016.

And if the Jags tank, but the oline is a strength? Again, it's easy to see Doug getting a promotion to HC.

Greg Williams

Mike Mularky

Dick Jauron

and

Chan Gailey

were all able to get work after leaving Buffalo--albeit with worse records than Marrone.

He came in, said he was going to build a tough team (he did) and turn us into winners (he did).

I do think Rex is an upgrade, but we won't know until the games are played.

The Jets thought they were fine when middling coach Beliceck left too, so...

A better question would be did anything go right with it.

He's biding his time till Coughlin retires, then he'll pull the wraps off his real interviewing skills.

Seriously though, Woody probably lost his chub when someone whispered in his ear that he could lose a draft pick or two for tampering.

Look at the history that the JESTS and PATS* have in that regard. They were both found guilty of tampering back when Parcells was coaching both teams.

Marrone couldn't live up to the hype created by his agent Jimmy Sexton. And of course, the Jets didn't have a team president who'd fall for that hype.

That, and the media skewered Marrone which made it impossible for Woody to hire a guy who quit on his former employer.

I thought the most common theory is that the Jets would be accused of tampering, since it would seem like they must have made a verbal deal with him before he quit on the Bills. Perhaps they decided that their team was in enough chaos, and decided to avoid any bad publicity based on perception, implication and speculation by the media and the league. I doubt the Jets owner has Goodell on his side the way Kraft seems to.

I think many of the reasons stated caused it, but what mayu have put it over the top is that Jet's have received alot of bad press over the years, most deserved to some extent. Naming Marrone as head coach with the stories of him quitting, being over controlling, trashing the Bills on the way out, a whopping 9-7 record, would have been ripped pretty good in the press, they didn't want that. They wanted a big splash hire though in the end really didn't get that much in Bowles either, but at least nothing to knock.

A better question would be did anything go right with it.

He's biding his time till Coughlin retires, then he'll pull the wraps off his real interviewing skills.

Seriously though, Woody probably lost his chub when someone whispered in his ear that he could lose a draft pick or two for tampering.

Look at the history that the JESTS and PATS* have in that regard. They were both found guilty of tampering back when Parcells was coaching both teams.

very interesting take Nanker! and not unreasonable.

Has anybody found any source or report stating the exact reason why Doug Jabroni's interview with the Jets went so bad? Do you think it was the fact that his controlling nature came out -OR- do you think he started trash talking the Bills and their organization to the point where the Jets just simply thought he was disrespectful and unprofessional? I think he, being so arrogant, thought he was going to get the job no matter what and did not prepare properly and most likely had no actual plan in place, to explain, for turning around that team coupled with both trashing the Bills organization and alluding to the fact that he would control all aspects of the team as head coach. Furthermore - that - in addition to his overall losing record in both college and the pros, I think made the Jets and other team's NOT want a losing record with a coach like him. Doug MORON lost out on another guaranteed 4 million dollars if he would have been fired next year. His plan backfired of getting a guaranteed head Coach salary along with another from a different team and he deserves to be mocked and ridiculed for his atrocious business decision. Now as an offensive line coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars which is sure to regress under him, I can comfortably and happily say... Doug Marrone Head Coach 2009 - 2014 BIH (burn in hell instead of RIP).

Now, here's the 100K question, did we not know much of this prior to his hire here? I mean his collegiate record sure as hell didn't change. If he had a plan he communicated it, why was it considered better then than afterwards?

Yet, so many fans instructed us that Marrone knew what he was doing and how we should be patient and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now, here's the 100K question, did we not know much of this prior to his hire here? I mean his collegiate record sure as hell didn't change. If he had a plan he communicated it, why was it considered better then than afterwards?

Yet, so many fans instructed us that Marrone knew what he was doing and how we should be patient and give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's 4th & 3,we're down by 2 w/ 2mins. left. Let's punt & hope our D stops them