NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it.

So I assume this means we lose Schwartz and change defensive systems? And have a HC who has failed to effectively develop two young QBs? And from what I've seen, is pretty terrible at game planning?

Dear god I hope my pessimism is wrong on this.

not even remotely happy about this, a defensive coach would make sense if there was a problem with the d. but a coach who never seemed to be able to get a offense working right coming to a team that's weak point is it offense just seems stupid. yeah its splashy but i don't know if most bills fans are going to get excited about this one. hopefully the OC is makes it worth it

Well there is a report that Rex is wooing Mark Trestman as his OC. That makes me feel better, but what does Rex do with Schwartz and this defense.

He'd be nuts to mess with it as this defense if we had an average offense would have been rated the best in the NFL. He wouldn't come here unless there is some game plan to get a QB. He's not inking a deal to deal with EJ. I bet they have a gameplan about how they are going to secure through a trade, or free agent acquisition a better choice than EJ.

Personally, I've always liked Rex. He's unapologetic, and tells Belicheck he;s not intimidated by him. Yes, he was a bloviator in the first couple of years, but he learned from his mistakes. This team will have a swagger to it moving forward.

Hopefully Rex will be the Man.......but I am finding it difficult to get past my feelings that a top Offensive minded HC could have given us a chance at the SB within 3 years.

Go Bills!

This is awful. Changing back to 3-4 which means Schwartz is gone. Kyle Williams on JMS recently said that the D was simpler this year and the players seemed to prefer it and play better. I see the D taking a step back now and Ryan has a track record of putrid offenses, including never once developing a QB. This shows that Pegula is more interested in getting the Bills national attention instead of building a winner....

This has to be a plus for any potential FA's. Rex has been known as a coach players like playing for, so I would think this makes us a more attractive destination now.

Mario Williams, Brandon Spikes, Corey Graham, Boobie Dixon.....FAs come here.

Short term, this might not work as well as promoting Schwartz, or hiring Jackson or Bevell and retaining Schwartz. But it's not a move for the short term. The Pegula family clearly is looking at the next ten years, and picked the best coach for the long run.

Short term, this might not work as well as promoting Schwartz, or hiring Jackson or Bevell and retaining Schwartz. But it's not a move for the short term. The Pegula family clearly is looking at the next ten years, and picked the best coach for the long run.

Well there is a report that Rex is wooing Mark Trestman as his OC. That makes me feel better, but what does Rex do with Schwartz and this defense.

He'd be nuts to mess with it as this defense if we had an average offense would have been rated the best in the NFL. He wouldn't come here unless there is some game plan to get a QB. He's not inking a deal to deal with EJ. I bet they have a gameplan about how they are going to secure through a trade, or free agent acquisition a better choice than EJ.

Personally, I've always liked Rex. He's unapologetic, and tells Belicheck he;s not intimidated by him. Yes, he was a bloviator in the first couple of years, but he learned from his mistakes. This team will have a swagger to it moving forward.

I agree with all your points. I hope Scwartz stays but it seems unlikely given he runs a very different scheme as compared to Rex. The selection of OC will be critical. Even if Schwartz goes Rex will have a lot of toys on the D so it will remain solid. The Bills front seven maybe even front 8 on D if the Bills retain Hughes and Kiko returns to form is as solid as it gets.

Don't like it. We have a great D now - but we lose Schwartz, and they have to adapt to a new scheme. Doubt it will be great game 1, as would have been w Schwartz. Ryan proved he could take a good team and within 6 years turn it to crap - whoopee. Also he acted like an ass in the media first two years when Jets were good. Some say he learned, I say his team started to suck and thus he had to be humble. IF we get good look for the jackass to come back.