A Few Passing Thoughts About The Denver Game......

Let me start by saying that a win on Sunday, imo, would be a monumental game in Bills history. Here is why:

1) A win on the road against Peyton Manning would be a major accomplishment for ANY team in the NFL.

2) If we can do this, the team and the fans would view beating the Packers at home as a distinct possibility. This includes pessimistic me.

3) It would make money for the new owner. The Green Bay game would sell out.

4) Our playoff hopes would be completely alive.

Bottom line? I am really looking forward to this football game.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we get Bill posts before games as well as after? Sweeeet.

Totally agree, this would be a victory of enormous proportions. I just wish I had a wee bit more confidence in our offense against their defense, which in their home stadium is going to be just as vicious as ours.

Spot on, it absolutely will be a monumental win in franchise history. It's a game no one expects them to win, in December, with serious playoff implications. It's also an opportunity for this vaunted defense to make a statement against a historic NFL offense in their own backyard. If they can shut down Manning and Co., they would quickly be the in the conversation for one of the best defenses ever fielded by Bills. There's pride on the line and legitimate playoff hopes.

Sports is mostly about seizing opportunities when they come. This is a monster opportunity for this team, coaching staff, front office, and new ownership. I cannot wait to see how they respond to it.

:beer:

One thing I can tell from the videos, tweets and things the players put out there... They seem very confident (not cocky) and loose right now. I don't think they are intimidated. Fwiw.

Man, I really can't wait for this game. I would love this to be a coming out party.

Let me start by saying that a win on Sunday, imo, would be a monumental game in Bills history. Here is why:

1) A win on the road against Peyton Manning would be a major accomplishment for ANY team in the NFL.

2) If we can do this, the team and the fans would view beating the Packers at home as a distinct possibility. This includes pessimistic me.

3) It would make money for the new owner. The Green Bay game would sell out.

4) Our playoff hopes would be completely alive.

Bottom line? I am really looking forward to this football game.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This new positive Bill is a little eerie.

Of course, the real acid test is when the Bills draft a DB in the first round... :D

Now we get Bill posts before games as well as after? Sweeeet.

Totally agree, this would be a victory of enormous proportions. I just wish I had a wee bit more confidence in our offense against their defense, which in their home stadium is going to be just as vicious as ours.

But the pregame posts don't include Dead lyrics? Still, I like it! And it would be a monumental win. Broncos in the Manning era at home: 7-1, 7-1, 6-0. The Broncos are not a great team, but they're really good in general, and exceptional at home. Win this game and the Bills turn a big corner on the road to true competitiveness

This new positive Bill is a little eerie.

Of course, the real acid test is when the Bills draft a DB in the first round... :D

OK, cue the Dead lyrics after all.

Cleveland isn't very good and they moved the ball pretty well against us at home. Manning is going to do better, I would say they score in the high 20's.

Our offense would need an incredible offensive gameplan to score that many points on the road against a good defense who will be well rested due to their typical offensive time of possession. We simply don't have the OC or head coach to handle this task, and even if we did, our qb is in a major slump.

The best way to watch a game like this is zero expectations, and just enjoy watching our defense play against one of the all time greats with some serious weapons. We might get a few turnovers and keep it interesting. Manning hates to get hurried and we'll definitely hurry him sometimes.

As far as Green Bay goes, I don't care what happens in Denver, we're gonna give Rogers and Co. a helluva game.

One thing I can tell from the videos, tweets and things the players put out there... They seem very confident (not cocky) and loose right now. I don't think they are intimidated. Fwiw.

I love the attitude this team has. Unlike other years, it gives them a chance to win. You see it on D with guys like KW, Spikes, Mario, A. Williams, etc., and even on offence with FJax and Orton. (yeah, Orton may be average, but the dude won't back down).

Cleveland isn't very good and they moved the ball pretty well against us at home. Manning is going to do better, I would say they score in the high 20's.

Our offense would need an incredible offensive gameplan to score that many points on the road against a good defense who will be well rested due to their typical offensive time of possession. We simply don't have the OC or head coach to handle this task, and even if we did, our qb is in a major slump.

The best way to watch a game like this is zero expectations, and just enjoy watching our defense play against one of the all time greats with some serious weapons. We might get a few turnovers and keep it interesting. Manning hates to get hurried and we'll definitely hurry him sometimes.

As far as Green Bay goes, I don't care what happens in Denver, we're gonna give Rogers and Co. a helluva game.

I like the one game at a time approach. My concern is our offense. I think we hold Denver to under 20 points. I think we hurry Manning into some bad throws, fumbles, etc.

Edited by RyanC883

Broncos have been relying on run recently, if our defense plays up to it's standards that should change.

So the main question when Broncos have the ball: what happens when Broncos have to rely on Manning throwing 40+ times again? His arm strength is being quesitoned more and more, as is the health of a number of the their WRs. I think if we had an average offense, we could at least contain Broncos to scoring no more than 24 of on us ....

.... which brings to next point. How will our anemic offense do against their very good defense? IF, and to reiterate it's a BIG IF, the game planners can come up with a respectable, effective plan for offense, this game is a toss up

Edited by JTSP

Cleveland isn't very good and they moved the ball pretty well against us at home.....

Cleveland racked up 315 net yards against us. 6th best D in the league has given 317 ypg.

They had 19 first downs. This would be 7th best in league if an average.

25% 3rd down efficiency......1st in league.

2.8 yards/rush......1st in league.

6.0 yards/pass.....1st in league.

10 points.......1st in league.

The numbers show that they didn't move the ball that well at all.

I don't know, man. Brady and the Pats* scored 37 against our vaunted D, on the road. Manning at home? Doesn't look good.

The Bills play well historically in Denver and play consistently terrible against the *pats regardless of the venue.

I'm saying... there's a chance!

Edited by GreggyT

true, but Id attribute that more to our problems on offense. Any defense will eventually cave to a good offense if their own offense isnt getting them any relief

or to the fact that the defense gave up TWO tds of over 40 yards and they made a 53 yard fg . I would consider the tds a fluke.

I hate to rain on this parade, but history shows that all this optimism is a good indicator that the Bills will respond with a big let down. Our pass defense has looked great against teams with qb's with accuracy issues. Many of our int's have been the result of errant passes and not great coverage. I'm afraid that i see Manning carving up our D.

Even if our D were to play well and Manning struggles, Marone's dysfunctional offense will founder against a very good Denver defense. Denver will win comfortably. Hope I'm wrong.

Whats great about this is... that for the first time in a very, very long time the Buffalo Bills are actually even in the playoff hunt this late in the season. That they are actually relevant in the division and are sitting at 7-5 with 4 games to go. This all by itself is fun to think about. That the NY Jets are the worst team in the division at 2-10, and not the Bills.

No matter what happens this season 7-9 or 11-5. The Bills have a very slim chance to make the playoffs, and an even slimmer, next to nonexistent chance to go to the SB this season.

Whats important to realize is that next year it begins! New ownership means that all the losing is in the past. A new era, a new future with many division titles, conference championships, and perhaps some super bowl wins. The team isn't ever moving. The new owners will build a state of the art stadium for us fans. So, in my view anything that happens this year is just a precursor to a very bright future.

But the pregame posts don't include Dead lyrics? Still, I like it! And it would be a monumental win. Broncos in the Manning era at home: 7-1, 7-1, 6-0. The Broncos are not a great team, but they're really good in general, and exceptional at home. Win this game and the Bills turn a big corner on the road to true competitiveness

OK, cue the Dead lyrics after all.

So, the point is that in the Manning era the Broncos always lose one home game, but they haven't yet, right?

I don't know, man. Brady and the Pats* scored 37 against our vaunted D, on the road. Manning at home? Doesn't look good.

that was the defense 10 weeks ago, while missing its best safety. I don't expect them to shut down Denver, but it is not the same team now. Teams evolve throughout a season and matchups make a difference. We could hold them under 30, really need to cause turnovers and score TDs in the redzone.

I hate to rain on this parade, but history shows that all this optimism is a good indicator that the Bills will respond with a big let down. Our pass defense has looked great against teams with qb's with accuracy issues. Many of our int's have been the result of errant passes and not great coverage. I'm afraid that i see Manning carving up our D.

Even if our D were to play well and Manning struggles, Marone's dysfunctional offense will founder against a very good Denver defense. Denver will win comfortably. Hope I'm wrong.

Run the ball and throw short, quick passes to keep possession and burn the clock. Keep the ball away from Denver's offense as much as possible and there's a chance.

I agree about the knucklehead penalties - especially the ones on 3rd down that keep Denver's drives alive and kill ours. Stay disciplined and don't turn the ball over.

It's all easier said than done, but I don't think it's complicated at all. There's no doubt that Peyton will move the ball and score. If the D can get a turnover or two, I think there's a chance to win. Miami gave them a game a couple weeks ago, but Denver just outscored them. The Bills can't get into a track meet.

Does anybody get the feeling that the coaching staff always seems to tense up during any "big" games? Granted there haven't been that many, but it extends back to the previous regimes of Jauron and Gailey too. You can see them trying to keep the game close and winning the field position battle, which ends up with our offense punting like a dozen times and us being down 24-3 going into the 4th.

Would love to see us open things up and let it fly on both sides of the ball this Sunday.

On the contrary, I think most feel a win is a long shot and the Bills might get their azz's kicked.

As for myself, I predicted the Bills would beat KC and Miami back-to-back and have some breathing room down the stretch. I think many people thought this would not only happen, but was 100% feasible.

Now we take a stroll down murder's row and have absolutely no pressure whatsoever. I mean, we're predicted to lose 100-0!! And even if we win, the press will still pick the Packers to beat us. I for one am excited to see how they react to following stretch of games. The old Bills would lose, maybe even have kept it close and earned some "respect." Blah. This will be the litmus test to see if they really have turned the corner. Game on!!

Denver fans should thank us. Last time we went to Denver we beat them in 2008 in a game that costed them the AFC West title and a trip to the playoffs. It was during that offseason that they traded Cutler away to the Bears. If they made the playoffs that year they probably would have kept Cutler and a few years later when Peyton was looking for a new team he probably would have seen that they were committed to Cutler as their franchise QB and gone elsewhere. They will practically let us win.

Anyone else want to buy that story? :worthy:

Bills 20 Broncos 17

If the Bills can play ball control throughout the fourth quarter they have a shot. Denver will not run the ball, the Bills defensive backfield still has no shutdown CBs, they will put the ball in the air and count on the dominating O Line to protect Manning.

If the Bills pull it out, it is truly a historic game that would save the coaching staff, FO, and scouting department.

If the Bills can play ball control throughout the fourth quarter they have a shot. Denver will not run the ball, the Bills defensive backfield still has no shutdown CBs, they will put the ball in the air and count on the dominating O Line to protect Manning.

If the Bills pull it out, it is truly a historic game that would save the coaching staff, FO, and scouting department.

I have a total different stragedy, go all out throw bombs, for for it on 4th down, fake punts, reverses on kick-offs. Do not play conservative, defense has your back.

I have a total different stragedy, go all out throw bombs, for for it on 4th down, fake punts, reverses on kick-offs. Do not play conservative, defense has your back.

I agree in general with the score-high mentality. It is tough to play a ball control, keep-it-close game and win against score-at-will teams such as Pats*, Broncos and Packers. We have to score early, score TDs and keep the Broncos on their heels. Else, PManning will shred the D while playing from ahead.