Toronto series is over. IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!&#33

papazoid

This has to be sarcasm, because in no way was that stupid series designed to even help bring people to WNY. It was designed to make a possible transition from Buffalo to toronto easier.

The above has to be sarcasm. The series was created to put more money in Ralph's pocket after that lousy 2006 CBA.

And I wish they would allow the Bills to play in Toronto every few years as their international game instead of having to go to England.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you were one of the biggest fans of/defenders of that stupid Toronto thing

this is true....

without going over the entire issue, I accepted it as a necessary evil, if it meant keeping the bills in buffalo.

i'm glad our new deep pocketed owners don't feel the need to continue it.

New Detroit Series announcement pending?!

What I was about to say :lol:

Though, we also have London next year...

The above has to be sarcasm. The series was created to put more money in Ralph's pocket after that lousy 2006 CBA.

And I wish they would allow the Bills to play in Toronto every few years as their international game instead of having to go to England.

We are visitors in London... if we played in Toronto, we'd be the home team. At least we keep 8 true home games next year :)

If it was another franchise instead of Buffalo at Toronto, I think it might have had a better chance at working--The NHL rivalry between the Leafs and Sabres is too thick.

Torontonians half fill the Niagara Center with rabid fans cheering against Buffalo's team--and we expect to bring our NFL team into their space--paint our logo at the Fifty, our name in the end zones, and call ourselves at home? It was doomed at the start. Now say, the Browns or the Steelers would've been terrific. Maybe even more WNY'ers would travel to Air Canada Centre to see the Steelers than they would to see the Bills.

YES!!!!!!!!!!

WOOO!!!!!!!!!

$#@! RIGHT!!!!!!

CBF

This has to be a great day for you.

If it was another franchise instead of Buffalo at Toronto, I think it might have had a better chance at working--The NHL rivalry between the Leafs and Sabres is too thick.

Torontonians half fill the Niagara Center with rabid fans cheering against Buffalo's team--and we expect to bring our NFL team into their space--paint our logo at the Fifty, our name in the end zones, and call ourselves at home? It was doomed at the start. Now say, the Browns or the Steelers would've been terrific. Maybe even more WNY'ers would travel to Air Canada Centre to see the Steelers than they would to see the Bills.

We do have the Blue Jays AAA team now.

Dammit, I was just about to post basically the same thing but you....well, forget it.

much more simple

new fans gravitate to winners.

we sent them losers.

Not me -- they'll have more Bills fans in England.

Good point.

We are visitors in London... if we played in Toronto, we'd be the home team. At least we keep 8 true home games next year :)

Another good point.

As a fan of both the Toronto baseball club and the Buffalo football team, this is great news. That playing surface is horrific (I've set foot on it. It's concrete with putting green on top). It'll help the Jays rehab it this offseason so it doesn't kill their players and helps them attract more free agents. Grass in a few more years.

The benefits to the Bills are, of course, obvious. That was a terrible location for NFL football in every conceivable way, especially for one of the NFL's die-hard fan bases.

If Buffalo was a 10-6 team with a couple playoff appearances in the last decade--would you say the Rogers Centre would've been packed?

2 playoff appearances in 10 years is not a "winner".

lets just say, we had the success of new England.....14 straight winning seasons.....then heck yea it would have been packed.

btw, each and every game was an official sellout anyways. but a perennial winner would have made a completely different vibe. for starters, a lot more fans from the states would have went.

So Russ' gets to announce the idea he and OBD implemented to score more cash is now dead?

Is Russ the winner or loser here?

I'd say that in both the initiation and termination of the series, he was implementing the wishes of his owner. That's called "winning" and outstanding for job security.

We will be the "away" team next year against................................Jacksonville.

I thought there was a formula in place that determined the non division opponents. How can they be sure Jacksonville will be a Bills opponent if we use the formula that decides which teams play who?

Thank God! Of what I saw the Canadians didn't give a damn about the Bills. Not all but a bunch just went to get drunk and couldn't care less who won. I went to one of the games and was embarrassed by the lack of interest in rooting for the Bills. Even home games at the Ralph they were more interested in drinking and being rowdy than watching the action on the field. They were drunk when they got off the buses that brought them there! Why should they care? It's not their hometown in the game. I have some very good friends in Canada and even they were embarrassed with the way those people acted.

Thank God! Of what I saw the Canadians didn't give a damn about the Bills. Not all but a bunch just went to get drunk and couldn't care less who won. I went to one of the games and was embarrassed by the lack of interest in rooting for the Bills. Even home games at the Ralph they were more interested in drinking and being rowdy than watching the action on the field. They were drunk when they got off the buses that brought them there! Why should they care? It's not their hometown in the game. I have some very good friends in Canada and even they were embarrassed with the way those people acted.

I have always said... REAL Bills fans from Toronto not only dont mind driving to Buffalo...THEY LOVE IT!!!

S^^K IT TORONTO!

CBF

This is great news...

but do we have to resurrect old threads and change the title to report it? It may keep the overall thread count down, but you have to sift through 60 some odd posts to see what's going on. Is it really better to have few, looong threads than several smaller ones?

As for the Bills-In-Toronto series, the Pegulas are ready to end it.

"We're working on that right now," Kim said. "We want all the home games to be played in Buffalo, so we're working through that. I think it's close, but nothing's been finalized. But that is our intent."

http://pro32.ap.org/...commit-new-home

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: