Toronto series is over. IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!&#33

papazoid

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He signed a 5 year deal in late May after 6 bad years of this and just over 6 months later decided it needed to go?

Makes you wonder what the priorities of the franchise were until new ownership came on board.

Guess the Pegula's told Russ the days of squeezing more profit by selling games were over. And of course Brandon adhered to that guidance.

IMO there is something there that isnt/hasnt been disclosed. Pegulas werent the owners yet. Apparently Wilson did not have any say...

I wonder sometimes if it was partially or in large part Rogers' and/or the NFL's call to put it on hold. The media picked up on how dismal that game was and really took a hatchet to the whole thing.

Makes you wonder what the priorities of the franchise were until new ownership came on board.

Guess the Pegula's told Russ the days of squeezing more profit by selling games were over. And of course Brandon adhered to that guidance.

It costs $78 million to cross the RIver Styx?

I actually called that paper over that one but got no answer. Left like ten voicemails, but response.

Many things were disgusting about it, but the worst was the obvious assumption that the Bills were Toronto's team but they would be willing to lower themselves to share it with us garlic eaters in WNY if he were nice to them

The tone, the timing, the attitude, the assumptions... everything about it was pure slime

Good. Good business deal, but bad for the franchise and the fans. the silver lining may have been that is revealed just how weak the Toronto market might be for someone thinking of moving the team there.. so maybe some benefit

Edited by 8and8Forever

Many things were disgusting about it, but the worst was the obvious assumption that the Bills were Toronto's team but they would be willing to lower themselves to share it with us garlic eaters in WNY if he were nice to them

The tone, the timing, the attitude, the assumptions... everything about it was pure slime

I hated the timing of it. Two hours after his death was announced the article was out. The tone I got was "Now that this old bastard finally kicked the bucket, we can finally get some stuff done around here." http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2014/03/25/ralph_wilsons_death_opens_door_ever_so_slightly_for_nfl_in_toronto_kelly.html

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Amongst all the crap that we have had to put up with over the last couple decades as Bills fans. The Bills in Toronto series was by far the most loathsome. The fact that Ralph took the money from Rogers and prostituted the team to Toronto for all those games was an absolute disgrace. The good people of Western NY and the Bills fans from the surrounding area (including Canada) were cheated out of game at the Ralph and had the soulless cavern of the Skydome trotted out in its place. A total slap in the face to Bills fans at one of the lowest ebbs in their history. The games were horrendous as well. I am going to try to blot this disgraceful chapter of the Bills history out of my mind!!

Amongst all the crap that we have had to put up with over the last couple decades as Bills fans. The Bills in Toronto series was by far the most loathsome. The fact that Ralph took the money from Rogers and prostituted the team to Toronto for all those games was an absolute disgrace. The good people of Western NY and the Bills fans from the surrounding area (including Canada) were cheated out of game at the Ralph and had the soulless cavern of the Skydome trotted out in its place. A total slap in the face to Bills fans at one of the lowest ebbs in their history. The games were horrendous as well. I am going to try to blot this disgraceful chapter of the Bills history out of my mind!!

I'm gonna try telling myself that the revenue helped keep the team in Buffalo, and regionalize the team. I know it might not be true, but It's all I can do.

i'd say the fear of relocation was far more loathsome.

Bonus: as a 28 year STH i didn't mind paying for one less garbage game while holding on to my seats waiting for good times to roll again.

Do you think that the Toronto series was concieved to drive up tha sale price upon Ralphs passing, trying to stir intrest from other cities. As a bargining chip if you will?

I mean, it just seemed like such an idiotic ideal on every level. Like, that didnt benefit anybody, except the trust. it sure did make us all awfully nervous for awhile there though

Edited by mastershake

Do you think that the Toronto series was concieved to drive up tha sale price upon Ralphs passing, trying to stir intrest from other cities. As a bargining chip if you will?

I mean, it just seemed like such an idiotic ideal on every level. Like, that didnt benefit anybody, except the trust. it sure did make us all awfully nervous for awhile there though

the bills had two primary reasons....further their regionalization efforts and a pure money grab.

rogers had one primary interest....get their foot in the door on a path to ownership after ralphs passing. when ralphs wishes after his death became apparent that the team would not relocate, rogers interest in continuing the series ended.

I just think that for years the Bills execs have known that with no other cities bidding the team wouldve sold for 900 million. They did not want that to happen so they hatched the hair brained Toronto series that nobody except for three men in the world ever wanted.

Just a thought

This team was never ever going to move to Toronto

Edited by mastershake

I hated the timing of it. Two hours after his death was announced the article was out. The tone I got was "Now that this old bastard finally kicked the bucket, we can finally get some stuff done around here." http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2014/03/25/ralph_wilsons_death_opens_door_ever_so_slightly_for_nfl_in_toronto_kelly.html

I love that article. It was insulting when it was written, and now it's just 100% incorrect. Bon jovi and Rogers can suck it.