Toronto series is over. IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!&#33

papazoid

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just hypothetical. To be honest, I don't know why Rogers agreed to extend the series. They were the ones losing money.

I believe it is on record that the new deal was for much less money, which the amount was never disclosed publicly this time... which infuriated me even more, especially on the heels of Brandon's all about winning/no stone unturned speech,.

At least London , a neutral site with 80,000 enthusiastic fans seems ok .

A preseason game a year in Toronto would be ok if it could sell enough tickets.

That's one of the good sides of the deal. From a financial standpoint, Rogers paid the team a flat fee, and we made the same amount no matter how many tickets were sold. I could be wrong about that, but I know I read that in a few places.

This is just hypothetical. To be honest, I don't know why Rogers agreed to extend the series. They were the ones losing money.

Rogers reasons were obvious....he wanted to own an NFL franchise. he felt the series would give them a leg up towards that goal.

Peter King said about a month ago that the Bills are rumored to be playing in one of the 5 London games next year. There is a thread on it somewhere. I hope that it is a road game but either way I am looking forward to making the trip.

Wow, 5 games?

I'm actually kind psyched for the Bills to play in London. If it's a good weekend to get away, I'll have to seriously consider going.

Peter King said about a month ago that the Bills are rumored to be playing in one of the 5 London games next year. There is a thread on it somewhere. I hope that it is a road game but either way I am looking forward to making the trip.

The regular season should be a 19-week, 17-game schedule, with each team having eight home games, eight away games, two bye weeks and one neutral-site game.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/10/22/nfl-international-series-global-expansion/

• 4 weeks later...