GoFundMe for Darryl Talley (Update 7/12- Bills Hire Darryl)

This is an incredible outpouring of support for one of our own. This is why we are ONE BUFFALO. Do not stop showing your support - keep those donations going. I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and has has Merry Christmas and Great Holiday Season.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just so great that the nation now gets to see such a positive story about our team and region after the endless snowtorm coverage.

A story about a proud, sacrificing man who has become the victim of circumstances beyond his control and the community that wants to show him that he matters to them in his time of dispair. Wait....... I think Frank Capra has already told that story.

a20791f13ae0447b37b0df_m.JPG

Chevy Van, just incredible brother. I am proud of you and TSW!

When you next speak to Mrs. Talley, urge her to consider using the money as a medical fund for Darryl. He has many miles to go for both physical treatment and other needed therapies. Insurance won't cover it all.

Our goal is to have our Wall of Famer back and functioning for himself, his family and for his Buffalo family. This isn't charity, it's what folks do who care about you.

Edited by Green Lightning

This isn't an understatement, I say it very sincerely. This whole fundraiser for Darryl Talley is heartwarming. There hasn't been a better Bill than him I have ever seen and I have been a diehard for 40+ years. If you haven't donated then please do and if you have then please give more. We can keep this thing going and accomplish something that has been unpresedented. Give what you can for a son that gave all that he had. I'm so proud of this fanbase, you people have already shown who you are and demonstrated what is so much more important than what happens on a field. May God Bless each and everyone of you for your tremendous heart, loyalty, love and dedication to a man who gave all that he had and now his Bills' family can show him how much we love and think of him. Thank you all, you have so richly reminded me of who I am, where I come from and who and where I want to be.

Go Bills and a HUGE go Bills' fans!

Chevy Van, just incredible brother. I am proud of you and TSW!

When you next speak to Mrs. Talley, urge her to consider using the money as a medical fund for Darryl. He has many miles to go for both physical treatment and other needed therapies. Insurance won't cover it all.

Our goal is to have our Wall of Famer back and functioning for himself, his family and for his Buffalo family. This isn't charity, it's what folks do who care about you.

Will do. Hearing from fans and that they want the family to have the money is helping, I believe.

Tipster-- my thoughts exactly...here is how I sum it up..

We're from Buffalo, where we take care of our own.

We're from Buffalo, where we live and die with a football team.

We're from Buffalo, where we always live to fight another day.

The city of Good neighbors.

The city of loyal friends.

The city of an illustrious past.

The city of hope for a better future.

No snow, no threat of moving, no 40 year bad economy can douse our spirit.

No one from outside can understand our loyalty and that's just fine with us.

Be it Kelly or Talley or Ferguson or whomever, when one of us is in trouble -- we come together.

God bless you all my friends -- whether we reside in WNY in the flesh, in the mind or in the spirit we are One Buffalo!

I think this event has accomplished another important feature.

This effort started by our Chevy has proven that there are some darned good people in the world .

More than i first thought : )

Heck , this is what being human is all about for me. Extending a hand to help another one up. It can be the smallest thing that can lift another. Just a smile sometimes

Or something as magnificent as this Occasion .

Does my heart good it does !

I have always been fond of Thanksgiving and this gesture just epitomizes the meaning of being thankful for what we have. and then sharing with others.

Thank you Chevy,

Incredible Buffalo response. Roger Goodell should step down from his post. As a Buffalo boy, he should be embarrassed by the NFL and its response to CTE and to Darryl Talley.

I am not sure I would consider him a Buffalonian anymore. He sure doesn't act like one.

That being said, there are plenty of people in Buffalo and from Buffalo who understand about being your neighbors keeper because there may be a time you just may need them to be your's.

I am currently unemployed after being laid off last April. Have had to move to the Bay Area to look for work in my field. No problem, as I always remind myself; there are others worse off than me. I have alot to be grateful for. Props to the BN for doing this story and publishing it right on Thanksgiving.

Just donated to the site - hope we can bring much-needed relief to Talley

GO BILLS