GoFundMe for Darryl Talley (Update 7/12- Bills Hire Darryl)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats your prerogative to donate. But I feel your priorities are out of whack if your donating to someone and don't have a job yourself. But it's your call.

My priorities are just fine. Those affected by my situation rather I do this than buy lattes and HBO. I do hope that you never need it, but should you come upon circumstances that spiral out of your control that you are treated with compassion and understanding by folks who maybe feel their priorities include compassion and understanding. I respect your decision to not donate, but I try not to judge your priorities.

Why? I'd rather donate to Talley ( who earned every $ he ever made as an NFl player, the guy never took a play off and hardly ever missed a game despite injuries that would put most folks in hospital) than someone who never took advantage of opportunities in life and never developed any skill, but would gladly take a handout. There's no shame in helping out someone you knew ( of ) that entertained you and hit a rough patch in heir life. Folks are so quick to judge, absolutely certain they would not be in the same situation if they could only trade places. You want to earn an NFL players salary? Go be one then. I'm guessing it's not quite so easy. Lots of misguided jealousy out there. I'm more sympathetic to someone who had something and lost it than someone who never did anything and therefore never had anything... They got exactly what they should have. No sympathy required.

just becaise he had the ability to play sports at a high level doesn't mean he should be up on a pedestal. Many people who aren't famous or making millions of dollars a year deserve more than they get also. Police officers. Firefighters. Teachers. They all deserve more. They are entrusted with helping to teach our children and keep our families safe while doing it on much smaller salaries. Just becaise someone has the ability to run fast or tackle doesn't mean they've made anything of themselves. Plenty of flamed out athletes back up that argument.

This all doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for Talley. But I'm not about to donate my hard earned money to someone that blew all his on coke and hookers in the 90s.

My priorities are just fine. Those affected by my situation rather I do this than buy lattes and HBO. I do hope that you never need it, but should you come upon circumstances that spiral out of your control that you are treated with compassion and understanding by folks who maybe feel their priorities include compassion and understanding. I respect your decision to not donate, but I try not to judge your priorities.

i didn't mean to offend. You are who you are. That's fine with me.

I'm not built that way. I may feel sorry for someone. But I'll never feel sorry enough to give them my hard earned money when they had a chance to fix their problems.

And that doesn't mean I would donate to a lazy homeless person either. At one point I used to. Then I woke up and realized that most people are out into positions on their own doing and have chances to fix it but never do.

I'm going to respond to this thread one time and I'm only going to do it because I've been a member here for a long time and I have tremendous respect for the guy that started and runs it and the people that post here.

I've been knee-deep in this for the past 36 hours and I've heard or read every argument that has been made pro or con. I respect everyone's opinion on whether they should donate or not and wish everyone else felt the same way.

One thing that I would like to make clear is that Darryl Talley doesn't deserve anyone's harsh words because of this fund. I did something that I never do in life, I made a quick decision to launch something and I put it out into the world. Darryl didn't ask for any monies and last night I had a very emotional conversation with his wife about how torn they are: One one hand they are overwhelmed by the love sent their way and on the other they just don't know how they can accept such a generous outpouring that they didn't ask for.

If what has happened causes anyone the need to lash out with words they can send them my way. It's my impetus and it's my burden to bear, the Talleys are innocent of blame.

With that said, the kind words and love have outweighed that 100 to 1. The Bills were the top story on ESPN today and they didn't even play a game. It had nothing to do with murders, drug busts or any other scandal. It was all about the unprecedented donations being sent in from all over America by people united in their love of one man and his family.

Despite the fund reaching its goal and the man it is intended for saying that he can't see how he can accept it, it just keeps rolling on. If you can't find some beauty and solace in that notion, I hope some day you will.

To the OP, Tipster, thank you for your good intentions. To the rest of you I ask a favor, however you may feel about the merits of donating to Darryl, please put it aside for now. On Sundays we have the rest of the NFL to fight and on the other days of the week it often seems it's us against the rest of the nation.

Let's not fight amongst each other when the subject is one of our own.

I'm going to respond to this thread one time and I'm only going to do it because I've been a member here for a long time and I have tremendous respect for the guy that started and runs it and the people that post here.

I've been knee-deep in this for the past 36 hours and I've heard or read every argument that has been made pro or con. I respect everyone's opinion on whether they should donate or not and wish everyone else felt the same way.

One thing that I would like to make clear is that Darryl Talley doesn't deserve anyone's harsh words because of this fund. I did something that I never do in life, I made a quick decision to launch something and I put it out into the world. Darryl didn't ask for any monies and last night I had a very emotional conversation with his wife about how torn they are: One one hand they are overwhelmed by the love sent their way and on the other they just don't know how they can accept such a generous outpouring that they didn't ask for.

If what has happened causes anyone the need to lash out with words they can send them my way. It's my impetus and it's my burden to bear, the Talleys are innocent of blame.

With that said, the kind words and love have outweighed that 100 to 1. The Bills were the top story on ESPN today and they didn't even play a game. It had nothing to do with murders, drug busts or any other scandal. It was all about the unprecedented donations being sent in from all over America by people united in their love of one man and his family.

Despite the fund reaching its goal and the man it is intended for saying that he can't see how he can accept it, it just keeps rolling on. If you can't find some beauty and solace in that notion, I hope some day you will.

To the OP, Tipster, thank you for your good intentions. To the rest of you I ask a favor, however you may feel about the merits of donating to Darryl, please put it aside for now. On Sundays we have the rest of the NFL to fight and on the other days of the week it often seems it's us against the rest of the nation.

Let's not fight amongst each other when the subject is one of our own.

Hear Hear! I thank you once again for organizing this fabulous campaign. A toast to you.