Bills 1.5 Point Underdogs to KC

Casey D

Given that New England has become the Super Bowl favorite after its demolition of Denver, the division title for the Bills now seems unlikely. If the Bills are to stay alive in the WC chase, given the 3 losses they already have in conference and the gaudy records of AFC teams, the game against KC is pretty much a must win to keep realistic playoff chances alive. Can they win as modest dogs once again?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KC scored all of their TDs on the ground this year, none through the air, and they are playing the top run defence in the NFL. Does that make you feel like the Chiefs have an advantage?

Alex Smith has 11 TD's this year. I think what fact you are looking for is: Kansas City is the only team to not have a WR catch a TD pass.

Sounds like we should see the much used 10 yard LOS cushion from our DBs - really strike fear into the Chiefs

Any chance FJ plays against the Chiefs?

CBF

There sure is - but we will have to wait until Wednesday/Thursday to see if he's participating

Given that New England has become the Super Bowl favorite after its demolition of Denver, the division title for the Bills now seems unlikely. If the Bills are to stay alive in the WC chase, given the 3 losses they already have in conference and the gaudy records of AFC teams, the game against KC is pretty much a must win to keep realistic playoff chances alive. Can they win as modest dogs once again?

I would go a little further and say the month of November is a must win.....one slip and it's over.

The underdog role suits the Bills well. KC's won 3 in a row, edged the Chargers by a FG, pummelled the Rams and beat the Jets yesterday. The Chiefs don't turn the ball over much. To win the Bills need to do the same. Turnovers equal and with home field and a weeks rest, I see the Bills taking this one by 10 points..

I shouldn't be surprised that we are... but Jesus man... no respect.

It's not purely about respect. It's a guess by the books as to where to entice bidders.

I say the Bills win going away. Alex Smith will be destroyed. At least 6 sacks.

The Chiefs D has been stuffing its collective bra on the likes of Austin Davis and Vick-Simms the past 2 weeks. They will be pantsed by the now lethal combo of Keanu Orton and Samuel L. Watkins.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Love it -- underdogs at home to a team with the same record. More bulletin board motivational material.

yep - interesting that both teams are coming off of wins vs the Jets. Bills beat them by 20, on the road. KC beat them by 14, at home.

Whatev. Rather be the underdog.

Gonna have to triple team that Kelce guy. Stud tight end for them.

Gonna need the cushion to shut Dwayne Bowe down.

TEs have nagged us all season. We're gonna need an answer for their 3 TE bunch set. Could be a matchup nightmare.

Don't fear the cushion. Gilmore's got this.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I shouldn't be surprised that we are... but Jesus man... no respect.

Yeah, frankly I thought it would be more. After losing their first two and continuing a downtrend after the first half of last year, KC has been a beast over its last 6 games, going 5-1 while demolishing the Dolphins in Miami, destroying NE on Monday night at home, and a tight win over a then hot SD team on the road. If the Bills handle KC-- even if at home-- I think the respect will go up. This is the kind of game the Bills must win if they are to be a serious playoff contender-- beating a roughly equal non-Division AFC team at home when it matters. Edited by Casey D

If the BIlls win, everyone will start taking us seriously as playoff contenders (including me).

While KC isn't an AFCE team, they're fighting for a wild card slot just like we are. But is seems many of the NFL gurus rate KC ahead of the Bills. Beating them causes a reassessment.

A must win? No exactly. But a big win? Absolutely.

The Chiefs are almost as inconsistent as the Jets. The Jets looked better playing in Foxboro the week before they played the Bills, than the Broncos did last night. Then the Jets went out and were a trash fire against the Bills, in NJ. Then they played pretty well yesterday. It must be an oddsmaker's nightmare to set the line for Jets games.

The Chiefs are also up and down. They destroyed the Pats then found it hard to get out of their own way. Last year they were a pick six on a stupid play, and a fumble recovery on a stupid play, away from losing to the hapless Bills while on their way to a great season record. Who knows what team shows up on Sunday.

The Bills OTOH are pretty consistent. They were about the same quality the first four games, trending gradually downward to the Texans game. Since Orton took over, they've been at the same B+ level every game, which has been good enough for three wins but not to beat the Pats. If they keep getting B+ play they'll finish 9-7, unless they chance into playing a better team when that other team has a bad day.

Love it -- underdogs at home to a team with the same record. More bulletin board motivational material.

yep - interesting that both teams are coming off of wins vs the Jets. Bills beat them by 20, on the road. KC beat them by 14, at home.

Whatev. Rather be the underdog.

Seriously, and we forced 6 turnovers and called off the dogs near the end of the game. We could have put 60 on them if we had a running game that day

Pats* beating Denver that badly was shocking but I still think Denver is the better team. Gronk is due for an injury and Peyton just played a bad game. Bills at home being an underdog is weird who cares just win.

I was hoping Manning was saving that bad game for the Bills ;)

So glad this game is at home and after a bye. They are gonna try to run alot and I think with our banged up backfield we are going to try to win this thing through the air. Let's hope for perfect conditions... And I would agree, this is as close to a must-win game as a November game can be.

So glad this game is at home and after a bye. They are gonna try to run alot and I think with our banged up backfield we are going to try to win this thing through the air. Let's hope for perfect conditions... And I would agree, this is as close to a must-win game as a November game can be.

early forecast is 39 degrees and possible snow showers

Dink and Dunk Master Alex Smith is a winning percentage machine.

Lets hope the Bills Defense can put pressure on him while the CB's know that the passes will come out fast and short

This is my greatest fear about this game. Alex Smith and that offense will grind you to death and win time of possession. He's not going to drop back and sit there waiting for long pass routes b/c that offense relies on the short passing game which negates one of our greatest strengths - the pass rush.

If I'm the Bills coaching staff I force Alex Smith to beat us and try to completely eliminate their run game - a tough task for sure - because if we can't stop their run game Alex Smith's dinks and dunks will be that much more effective and then it's a snowball effect with their grinding offense. Make Alex Smith try and consistently complete 3rd and longs as opposed to 3rd and shorts.

If you look at the games the Chiefs have lost this season:

vs Titans - Smith had 35 attempts

vs Broncos - Smith had 42 attempts

vs SF - Smith had 30 attempts

Wins:

vs Fins - Smith had 25 attempts

vs Pats - Smith had 26 attempts

vs SD - Smith had 28 attempts

vs Rams - Smith had 29 attempts

vs NJY - Smith had 31 attempts

Granted, this is only one side of an entire picture, but you can see how you want Smith throwing the ball more to have a better chance of beating them.

If our Mickey Mouse offensive coordinator doesnt add any wrinkles to the run game, we'll be lucky to win 2 more the rest of the year.

Really? Given that the Bills play the Jests (at home this time) and the Raiders?

The Chiefs and the Browns are also winnable, particularly being at home.

Lucky to win 2 more?

Edited by CodeMonkey