Bryce Brown time is here

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love his attitude. Im sick of the Mr. Humble "just trying to be here and help my team mates out" pitch

"I know that I can perform and I can play on this level and I can play just as well as anybody who's been playing so far," Brown said Monday morning. "That's how I truly feel, but at the end of the day, I don't control who's active and who's not. Unfortunately it was me, but I don't want to focus on that because that's not important."'

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2014/10/20/bryce-brown-buffalo-bills-running-backs-cj-spiller-fred-jackson-injured/17609173/

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I have been a huge fan of his since his college days.

Our O line is one of the largest and tallest in the league. This kid can generate HUGE yards and work a defense to exhaustion. The real question comes with the game plan generated by this coaching staff. Bryce could be the next big thing in Buffalo and that is hands down, talent, size, speed, and knows how to play this game. He had HUGE numbers in Philly as a rookie. Fumbles were a issue but something tells me that wont be the tale this time around

I got a good feeling this kid is our future and will put Jackson as backup for one for year or even 3rd behind Dixon. CJ, which I do love, has not lived up to his promise and is scared to run up the middle. I think Brown takes over RB for the Bills and brings excitement to this offense.... Which leads to confidence for the O-line....

Go Bills

I just drank some Kool-Aid with my lunch and I'm ready to make some BOLD PREDICTIONS!!! I'm feeling saucy...

BRYCE FREAKING BROWN -

This guy is going to be a stud. You heard it here first. Is there such a thing as Franchise RB? Because this guy is going to be it. If you don't know this guy's background, check it: he was an All-American as a Junior! He was the top rated runner in the country coming out of high school in 2008 and was the MVP of the All-American game. He was said to be the best RB talent since Adrian Peterson and the best player from Kansas since Barry Sanders. He didn't have much of a college career because he probably wasn't much of a student. He was actually considering playing in the CFL instead of college but gave college a try. This made him fall in the draft when he decided to come out early. But he looked GOOD filling in for McCoy in Philly and he's looked good in the pre-season with us. Ahhh I'm excited!

PREDICTIONS -

Brown is going to rip off somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 yards vs the Jets on Sunday. He will have 120+ vs the Chiefs. And he will only get better/more confident from there. He will solidify the starting RB spot and will end the season as our leading rusher and lead the team in TD's. He's young, fresh, and ready to prove himself. You don't usually have a guy with this much talent on your bench with fresh legs this late in the season. We are going to be asking "CJ Who?" in a few weeks. I've been excited about this guy for a while and now that I'm full of the kool-aid I can't contain my excitement anymore!

OK I just found my Ritalin...

I'm starting to chill out and come back to Earth now. This guy is raw. He has a lot of talent but he didn't really have a lot of experience in college and he hasn't been a starter since high school. Can he catch passes, can he pick up blitzers and make those important blocks? He also has had a problem hanging on to the ball. I think those are some of the reasons I think the Eagles didn't mind trading him away to us for a 4th round pick.

BUT I'M EXCTED!!! This is going to be fun to watch. If this works out then we have our RB of the future. Looking forward to Sunday. Go Bills! :)

http://youtu.be/maJzY6tYzGg

Best game he ever had he fumbled twice. I believe I read that somewhere.

That is true. But he did rush for 178 yards on 19 carries, with 2 TDs. The next week he rushed for 169 yards and another 2 TDs. From a fantasy perspective, this is great. For the Bills, it could cost us a win (and it did in his second game).

Besides the fumbles, my concern is that Bryce played with a far better OL in Philly, even though they were missing Peters in 2012. He didn't look so hot with us in preseason. I think he can be electric and he definitely hits holes, or lack thereof with force unlike what we've seen from Spiller. Can't wait to see what happens on Sunday.

Edited by Big C

That is true. But he did rush for 178 yards on 19 carries, with 2 TDs. The next week he rushed for 169 yards and another 2 TDs. From a fantasy perspective, this is great. For the Bills, it could cost us a win (and it did in his second game).

Besides the fumbles, my concern is that Bryce played with a far better OL in Philly, even though they were missing Peters in 2012. He didn't look so hot with us in preseason. I think he can be electric and he definitely hits holes, or lack thereof with force unlike what we've seen from Spiller. Can't wait to see what happens on Sunday.

Uhhhh...what preseason were you watching?

Uhhhh...what preseason were you watching?

Are you taking issue with him not looking so hot or him hitting the holes? I didn't think he was hitting the holes in preseason. I realize now I should not have said "definitely" hits the holes, but he was doing a lot of that with Philly. I didn't analyze much of his work in preseason to see if it was him preemptively bouncing or our reserve OL just being terrible.

KDiggz - I'm not as confident as you that he will light it up against the front seven of the Jets, but he will begin to do well. Let's face it, Spiller is so frustrating as he has problems hitting the hole with negaitive plays, but then all of us get enamored with the 58 yard run. I like him, but believe he has just been used wrong, where if he was used more like a Sproles, he could be very effective.

My only jersey I've bought in 46 years is Fredex. He is so reliable and gets you the tough yards. I've said to friends since the summer, I love what Whaley did with bringing in 4 guys total as I cannot remember Spiller and Fred not getting hurt at times, as is normal with the position.

I expected at some point for the two workhorses to go down. I feel very confident our next two with Summers can possibly even improve on production as they are different backs. Dixon should be able to grind us out some tough yards. Brown should be explosive enough to have some breakout runs.

So I'm not drinking kool-aid, but do not believe our run game goes away just because we lost our two guys. These are not normal back ups where production dramatically decreases.

I lost CJ and Freddy in Fantasy Football, along with Ryan Mathews and his backup(Brown). I really hope this works out. I had no choice but to pick him up.

Yeah... Maybe you're cursing the RB's.

If Bryce gets injured, I want answers.

On a side note, I am not expecting much this weekend from Bryce. Maybe 5/6 attempts for 20-30 yards. 3 receptions for 30-40 yards.

Next week I think he puts up some decent numbers.

I am probably wrong though. Wouldn't be the first and it won't be the last.

Go Bills!

Edited by Smooth

I like Brown and was getting very frustrated with Spiller ( didn't want to see him injured though). That said, the Eagles have one of the most athletic OL's in the NFL. The Bills do not. So I'm not very optimistic for improvement in the running game. If we see improvement, it will make a strong case against CJ.

Realistically, you have a back up QB and a 3rd string running back.

You have two rookies on the offensive line, and a very conservative offensive coordinator.

Your defensive line is good but slow getting to the QB. Your defensive backs are average.

You have a poor record defensively on 3rd and long.

The Jets will be angry and mean.

Another squeaker, hopefully, Bills 17-14, one defensive TD.

You have two rookies on the offensive line, and a very conservative offensive coordinator.

Your defensive line is good but slow getting to the QB. Your defensive backs are average.

A few good points, until proven otherwise re: RB , QB . You may want to check your facts though. Through 7 games Bills are first in QB sacks and don't blitz much. That doesn't bolster your point on the DL. They are also near the top in 3rd down defense. That said, the Jets are very physical and a tough out at home. If "good Geno" shows up this week, it'll be a real struggle for the Bills.

Best game he ever had he fumbled twice. I believe I read that somewhere.

Watch that video posted above. (kill the sound..the music sucks) Look how he carries the ball. OMG. If the coaches havent corrected that he is a fumble waiting to happen.

Brown 14 carries for 58 yards, 1TD

Boobie 8 carries for 31 yards, 0TD

The Tank 3 carries for 12 yards, 0TD

I see more of the same this week, more passing than running.

Unfortunately I kind of agree with you, and mostly its because its the same oline he'll be running behind. No one in the league right now is going to be great behind them

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

You're not alone. I loved this trade when it happened, love it more now. I never expected Brown to challenge CJ or Fred this year as a starter, but have been disappointed to see him consistently inactive as he's certainly worth putting out there for a few plays a game.

Now it'll be his chance to play a big role in getting this team over the hump. It's the kind of situation all athletes dream of -- though I'm sure he didn't wish for injury to his backfield mates to get it. Brown has the ability to be a feature back in the NFL, that's why he cost us a 4th round pick. I'm excited to see what the kid's got.

i was one that thought it to be a good 3 man rotation where brown gets the wear and tear carries, freddy gets the key moments but a lesser workload to stay fresh/healthy, and CJ gets mostly specialty plays while dixon was active as the roster would require based on other injuries, ST needs, etc.....

i was one that thought it to be a good 3 man rotation where brown gets the wear and tear carries, freddy gets the key moments but a lesser workload to stay fresh/healthy, and CJ gets mostly specialty plays while dixon was active as the roster would require based on other injuries, ST needs, etc.....

this is what I thought as well ( and Dixon for goal line and short yardage). I guess they didn't want to use that many RBs at once.

Yeah... Maybe you're cursing the RB's.

If Bryce gets injured, I want answers.

On a side note, I am not expecting much this weekend from Bryce. Maybe 5/6 attempts for 20-30 yards. 3 receptions for 30-40 yards.

Next week I think he puts up some decent numbers.

I am probably wrong though. Wouldn't be the first and it won't be the last.

Go Bills!

:lol:

Brown 14 carries for 58 yards, 1TD

Boobie 8 carries for 31 yards, 0TD

The Tank 3 carries for 12 yards, 0TD

I see more of the same this week, more passing than running.

if the stat line looks like that then we probably lose or win another 1-2 point game. We need to control the line of scrimmage and run the ball. That's what we did the first 2 games (and we won) but we got away from that since then. if Brown breaks out like i'm hoping he will then we win easy. I'm thinking 18+ carries for 90-110 yards would be the sweet spot

I'm thinking we'll see Dixon more than Brown, and that Brown might have flashes, but overall our running game will continue to struggle. We do have a weak line afterall, and the Jets have a strong front seven. Hopefully people don't flip out after the game about it heh.

His highlight reel is impressive but unless Marrone and the other coaches work miracles with the offensive line this week, Brown just isn't going to have the same kind of running lanes he saw in Philly.

CJ and Freddy are both 1,000 yard backs. But they haven't found any room to run this year. Why would Brown be different? Is he faster than CJ? Stronger or more determined than Freddie?

My only hope is that Marrone, an ex lineman himself, seems super motivated to improve the OL and get the running game going. But I don't know how much he can do in one week with our personnel.

It's an old Bills refrain but when it comes to the OL and the running game, I keep thinking, "Wait till next year."

Our D line is slow at getting to the QB?

Go back and take a look at who is leading the NFL is sacks my friend....and then keep in mind that Schwartz does not blitz much

this is what I thought as well ( and Dixon for goal line and short yardage). I guess they didn't want to use that many RBs at once.

I'm with you both there. This weekend's game has a strange anticipation to it. It's a huge divisional game on the road, in a place that the Bills haven't won much recently. They're playing a team that's got talent all over the field which makes them more dangerous than their record indicates, and on paper (and reality) their greatest strength (D-Line) will be matched against our biggest weakness (O-Line). It sounds like a recipe for disaster... and yet, I'm excited.

I should have no reason to be. The Bills are down the most clutch Bill in recent history plus their home run hitter -- even if he's been bunting all season to date. But even so, I'm excited to see if this team is capable of taking the next step and beating a divisional opponent they are truly better than in their own building. I have no idea if Brown will play a huge role in the game or not, but he'll be coming into this game fresh, motivated, and hungry.

Hopefully he eat-eats and the Bills come out of Jersey proving yet again they are truly New York's only professional football team.

I'm with you both there. This weekend's game has a strange anticipation to it. It's a huge divisional game on the road, in a place that the Bills haven't won much recently. They're playing a team that's got talent all over the field which makes them more dangerous than their record indicates, and on paper (and reality) their greatest strength (D-Line) will be matched against our biggest weakness (O-Line). It sounds like a recipe for disaster... and yet, I'm excited.

I should have no reason to be. The Bills are down the most clutch Bill in recent history plus their home run hitter -- even if he's been bunting all season to date. But even so, I'm excited to see if this team is capable of taking the next step and beating a divisional opponent they are truly better than in their own building. I have no idea if Brown will play a huge role in the game or not, but he'll be coming into this game fresh, motivated, and hungry.

Hopefully he eat-eats and the Bills come out of Jersey proving yet again they are truly New York's only professional football team.

I fully expect this jets team to come out and punch the bills in the mouth

I want to see how they respond

It hasnt been that the jets have had better teams....they have just been more physical. This is one of the more physical bills teams I have seen them put on the field this year though