Report: Katy Perry will play halftime at Super Bowl XLIX

On her rather impressive appearance on college gameday Saturday she said she's told the NFL she's not the type of girl who would pay them to play the Super Bowl. There was talk that the NFL was asking prospective performers to pay for the right to do the show.

ugh. katy perry is nasty. Big Ole Miss fan and after watching her on College Game Day Live, during the game and her antics after she doesnt look so good to me anymore. She was trying to pull that Miley Cyrus look with two balls on her head. No bueno....at least for me

Can't stop staring at this

Speaking of laser pointers. ..

I actually have no problem with this, I might actually watch for a change. She reminds me of this :w00t: this :beer: this :P and this :thumbsup: all at the same time. It'd be even better if they got Sofia Vergara and Kate Upton too, to complete the set.

Edited by bowery4

You will never please everyone, these are the typical comments you will hear...

Classic rock act...Those guys suck, they are 100 years old.

Pop...That music is all fluff, no talent hacks.

Country(look out it will be coming to a SB very soon and then many more after that)...Who likes country music!

Alternative Rock...Who the f*** are they and what songs would I recognize.

Rap...You call that music.

R&B...Boring

Bruno Mars put on a hell of a show last year. I didn't go into that halftime show a fan of his and thought it was a gamble for the league to have someone without the name recognition of past performers. However, I was thoroughly impressed by his performance; the band was loud and tight, the songs were energetic and catchy and Bruno has got chops as a performer.

It was fun, not too serious and it didn't involve geriatric rock stars whose songs I've heard on classic rock radio everyday for the past 40 years.

I've seen Katy Perry half a dozen times on the various music awards shows and while she does put on quite a show, and not bad eye candy to boot, I'm not sure she can hold her own...haha, hold her own...I'd like to see that.