EJ benched, Orton to start.

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO this is as much about Sammy Watkins as it is about EJ.

Everyone saw Sammy "take a play off" two weeks ago after Goodwin got blown up, and then come in and drop two more passes yesterday, plus wisely decide not to lay out for a floater in the fourth quarter. EJ has been putting receiver after receiver into harm's way and the Bills probably decided they want Watkins on the field for the rest of the season... something that is unlikely to happen with EJ under center.

Whether EJ is done is something I'm not really concerned about. I'm just glad we finally treated him like a player who needs to earn his job, rather than as a first-rounder who needs to play his way out of one.

However, Hackett is still the offensive coordinator, can we expect things to be that much different with Orton under center?

Well, if Orton doesn't throw into double coverage PAST two wide open crossing routes, then yes, we could expect things might be different with Orton. Any QB that can even begin to process what's happening after the snap when it doesn't involve a CB falling down or someone being open in all directions by 8+ yards will be an improvement. I think the play calling is far less of a problem than not taking advantage of receivers who get open.

I was expecting this maybe next week, but let's go Orton. If he plays well this week they will look like geniuses. If he craps the bed, they will say it was the #1 D on the road in an impossible win, and then give him two more chances at home against the Pats and on the road against The Jets. So maybe this was the right time, just in case he has it down already, and the rest of the team steps up.

Some interesting facts from that game:

Dallas had the "league's worst defense"

Dallas got 56 rushing yards

Orton had 2 days to prepare after Romo's back surgery

Orton was 30 for 46, 356 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

Actually, I think Orton gives us the best chance to make the playoffs. Much better than EJ at least. Unfortunttely the idiots at OBD actually thought we were a Sammy Watkins away from the SB and gave away our shot at a QB for next year.

The QB group isn't really that strong this year outside of Mariotta. He looks like an NFL QB to me, but the rest are a bit suspect. I don't want Winston. The character issues he has now will only intensify when you add millions to the equation. Cook from MSU looks like he might make it, but I'm not sure. Sean Mannion is a big guy who has a good arm, but his numbers are likely inflated from the offense they run. Petty is inconsistent already at the college level and is running a spread system. Not sure how he would look playing from under Center. Hundley might not even leave school again and he's more of an athlete than a pure QB. You never know which Kevin Hogan is gonna show up for Stanford, wildly inconsistent at times. Connor Halliday is another possibility as he showed well on the big stage against Oregon. Maybe Jacoby Brissett from NC State, but he might not leave college either. There's really no one else that stands out to me from this group that will be the 2015 draft class. There is no one that that seems like a sure bet though and the closest thing to it is Mariotta.

Some interesting facts from that game:

Dallas had the "league's worst defense"

Dallas got 56 rushing yards

Orton had 2 days to prepare after Romo's back surgery

Orton was 30 for 46, 356 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs.

I remember watching that game. He came in off the street from coaching some high school team i think. Orton is a professional QB. We're not asking him to come here and put up 300+yds every game and 3TD every game. We're asking him to hit the WR that have been open and that EJ just can't see b/c of his regression.

Cared enough to click on your first football thread in how long?

Well actually I saw it on Facebook first and it's been a rough Monday so I had to click here. I knew it'd be good for a laugh. Almost as hilarious as the game day thread.

Kewl, thx

You're welcome.

I can't wait to read the other sites the Monday after each game " Are you serious? We let Kyle bleepin Orton torch us"?! He will look like Unitas for two weeks and then reality will set in and we will all see why he is where he is. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but just playing the odds.

Guess everyone got what they wanted. So what happens next week or in the coming weeks when Orton sucks?

Did,not want it. It's like saying you wanted a root canal. Just had to be done for the health of this team and it's suffering fans. Me included. Edited by bisonbrigade