EJ benched, Orton to start.

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, if this is what the Bills are going to do, fine.

I like EJ, but I will support Orton if they want to go with him.

However, Hackett is still the offensive coordinator, can we expect things to be that much different with Orton under center?

As long as Orton can leisurely throw to the 2+ WRs sauntering freely in the open, the answer is yes.

I can't say I'm too surprised that they've done this. But I also don't think this is a "we're benching him because we're done with EJ" move. This is more of a "you clearly aren't ready, step back and work on your game some more and watch from the sidelines" move.

I don't think this is the last we see of EJ.

As an aside, does this move happen if a new owner weren't days away from taking over? I've just about lost faith in EJ, so I certainly can't argue with this decision, but it does reek a bit of desperation by a coaching staff and front office that is looking to avoid being swept out of town soon.

Edited by Bills Fan in MD

Season is over and 2015 is now lost. Glad everyone is so happy. It would only be better if these morons turned to Tuel next.

Please explain. With average QB play this team is 3-1. With a good defense this season is now NOT lost if Orton can perform well. 2015? Really?

This is probably what should have been done with him from the beginning, the Kolb thing just screwed up everything and forced EJ in too soon. I still think he has potential, just have him sit the rest of the year behind Orton and learn from a distance.

I don't think the light switch will come on. Pocket presence is something you can't teach. You either have it or you don't. I'm telling you that he reminds me A LOT of JP Losman, only Losman could throw a pretty deep ball. EJ is just inaccurate everywhere.

I can't say I'm too surprised that they've done this. But I also don't think this is a "we're benching him because we're done with EJ" move. This is more of a "you clearly aren't ready, step back and work on your game some more and watch from the sidelines" move.

I don't think this is the last we see of EJ.

I really hope this is the case. The report yesterday talking about him seeing a sports psychologist may have something to do with this. Either way I'm stunned they didn't wait another week or two

I wonder how the locker room reacts. They were all out In full force today in "support" of EJ...

That show of support was for cameras yesterday. I think that support is much more subdued in the locker room.

Redskins fans were doing that dance until ablot 10PM last Monday

I think you meant Thursday,.... but EXACTLY! This exact same coaching, OC, QB carousel has been playing on the turntable for the last 15 years.... how 'f'ing ridiculous is that? This move is total BS!

Edited by cage

Season is over and 2015 is now lost. Glad everyone is so happy. It would only be better if these morons turned to Tuel next.

Actually, I think Orton gives us the best chance to make the playoffs. Much better than EJ at least. Unfortunttely the idiots at OBD actually thought we were a Sammy Watkins away from the SB and gave away our shot at a QB for next year.

Props to whoever made this decision. I like what Whaley's done but this pick was an abomination from the very beginning. The best GMs move on quickly from their mistakes and that's good for Bills fans. We finally want to win!

Couldnt agree more. EJ was a dud last year. We should have moved on in May by drafting EJs replacement then.

Will you be more disgusted if the browns have our top 10 pick next year?

Yes I will be. Another horrible mistake by this loser FO.

This organization is a joke. How the hell can these guys treat the QB position like its an afterthought.

Orton will suck like the rest of um.

All we need Orton to do is find the open WR, and throw it to him. The opportunities have been there for EJ, our WRs are getting open, and our running game has been pretty strong... so here's hoping.

This is the right move in my opinion. EJ needs to understand that just b/c he is being benched doesn't mean he still can't be a really good QB in this league. He needs to sit back in the sidelines for a few weeks to relax and regroup mentally. The game was clearly moving too fast for him.

Lets see what Orton can do. One thing we know is that he's not a 19 QBR quarterback - so only one way to go and that's up.

This is a "win now" move for a team not ready to win now because they made the boneheaded decision to trade next year's first round pick.

Its 100% the right move because Manuel missed open guys that just can't be missed in that Texans game, but he doesn't get benched by any coach/GM in the league if they still have next year's #1 pick. This team isn't a playoff team with EJ, and it isn't a playoff team with Orton. Typically the thinking would go "why not let the kid have a full season to learn on the job." As it stands we have an answer to that question: because the entire front office and coaching staff gets fired if they gave away a top 5 pick for a WR who has no one to throw him the ball.

Edited by Endless Ike

Question to all, have you EVER seen Orton play? The alternative isn't always better, this guy lost his job to Tim Tebow, I'd rather have him, that isn't even sarcasm

Have you? because he didn't LOSE his job to Tebow. Tebow was given the job because he was the prized 1st round pick.

@buffalobills

BREAKING: #Bills head coach Doug Marrone announces that Kyle Orton will replace EJ Manuel at QB.

Marrone: "Kyle Orton is our starting QB right now. We need more overall production from that position"

Marrone: "We came in today, looked at the tape, and made a decision that gives us the best opportunity to win"

Doug Marrone: "We are all-in to win. That's what it comes down to."

Marrone: "The judgement (on EJ) is ... Is he playing well enough to win?"

Doug Marrone: "We have to be in the now."

Doug Marrone on EJ Manuel: "This is a great opportunity for him to sit back ... And work on ... correcting those issues."

Doug Marrone on Kyle Orton: "He's ready to go"

Doug Marrone: Decision on QB was discussed with GM Doug Whaley. Full agreement when decision was made early this afternoon.

Doug Marrone: "We have a playoff caliber team. This gives us the best opportunity to win."

Doug Marrone on EJ Manuel's reaction: "He handled it professionally, it's never an easy thing. He showed a helluva lot of courage."

Doug Marrone: "When decisions are made, it's about one thing: what puts us in the best position to win?"

Please explain. With average QB play this team is 3-1. With a good defense this season is now NOT lost if Orton can perform well. 2015? Really?

If you think Orton is average just wait... Please tell me who the QB will be next year? Sam Bradford? No first round pick. Truly awesome.

Pegula hopefully gets rid of Brandon Whaley and Marrone.