Official Pre-Game Thread: Week 1, Dolphins at Bills

Dan

Week 2: Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills

Sunday, September 14, 2014 at 1:00pm

TV Network: CBS (TV Map)

Announcers: Tom McCarthy, Adam Archuleta

DirecTV: 705

Bills Radio:

On the call: John Murphy (play by play), Mark Kelso (analyst), Joe Buscaglia (sideline)

Flagship: Buffalo – WGR550 (550AM); Toronto - Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Rochester - WCMF (96.5) and WROC (950AM); Syracuse - WTKW (99.5/WTKV 105.5)

Sirius/XM: 231 (Internet 803)

=================================================================

Game Preview:

While Buffalo (1-0) earned a 23-20 overtime victory at Chicago on Sunday, Miami posted a 23-0 second-half scoring advantage to win 33-20 at home over New England.

Buffalo won both meetings with Miami last season, including a 19-0 home victory Dec. 22 in which it sacked Tannehill seven times and limited the Dolphins to 103 yards of offense, the third-lowest total in team history.

Read more at ESPN game preview...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolphins at Bills, CBS Game Preview 

Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills Week 2 Preview

Dolphins seek first win in Buffalo since 2011

NFL.com Game Center

Team Stats:      Bills         Dolphins

Total Yds/Game.... 360.0         360.0

Total Rush............. 193.0         191.0

Total Pass............. 167.0         169.0

Points/Game..........  23.0           33.0

Time of Poss..........  30.5           30.5

----------------------------------------------

Yds/Gm Allowed... 427.0         315.0

Rush Yards...........  86.0          89.0

Pass Yards........... 341.0         226.0

Points Allowed........ 20.0           20.0

Source: NFL.com

Injury Report:

Buffalo Bills

NAME            POSITION    INJURY         WED.   THU.   FRI.    GAME STATUS

Gilmore, Stephon CB Groin FP FP FP probable

Hogan, Chris WR Ankle - FP FP probable

Meeks, Jonathan S Neck LP LP LP doubtful

Rivers, Keith LB Groin DNP DNP DNP Out

Smith, Lee TE Toe DNP LP LP doubtful

Watkins, Sammy WR Ribs FP FP FP probable

Williams, Aaron S Concussion/MTBI LP LP FP probable

Source: BuffaloBills.com

Miami Dolphins

NAME            POSITION    INJURY         WED.   THU.   FRI.    GAME STATUS

Aikens, Walt CB Hand LP LP LP probable

Clay, Charles TE Knee LP LP LP probable

Fede, Terrence DE Knee Out Out Out Out

McCain, Chris LB Illness DNP LP LP probable

Misi, Koa LB Ankle DNP DNP DNP doubtful

Moreno, Knowshon RB Shoulder LP LP LP probable

Pouncey, Mike C Hip Out Out Out Out

Shelby, Derrick DE Knee LP LP LP probable

Sims, Dion TE Neck LP LP LP probable

Starks, Randy DT Toe DNP LP LP probable

Tripp, Jordan LB Chest Out Out Out Out

Turner, Billy G Foot DNP DNP DNP doubtful

Wallace, Mike WR Hamstring LP LP FP probable

Wheeler, Philip LB Thumb LP LP LP probable

Source: MiamiDolphins.com   

Practice Status                                                                                         Game Status

DNP = Did Not Participate in Practice                                                      Out = Player will not play

LP = Limited Participation - Less than 100% of normal reps                    Doubtful = 25% chance a player will play

FP = Full Participation - 100% of a player's normal repetitions                Questionable = 50% chance a player will play

Out = Player will not play                                                                          Probable = 75% chance a player will play

(-) = Not Listed = No practice status available                                          (-) = Not Listed - No game status available

The Odds:

Line: Bills -1

Over/Under: 43.0

Source: The Linemakers

Up to date lines... if you're in Vegas. 

My Thoughts on the Game:

It’s hard to imagine a more electric atmosphere than what we’re going to see at the Ralph for this week’s game.  It’s the home opener, against the fish, Ralph tribute, Pegula announced as the new owner, after a week 1 win in Chicago, Alumni Day, Reed, Kelly… seriously, are the football stars aligning for the Bills or what!?

However, I certainly hope the Bills aren’t taking the Dolphins lightly.  Looking at the game stats from last week it’s also hard to imagine a team more evenly matched for the Bills.  It should be good, tough game. Miami, unfortunately, has made some strides in their perpetual rebuilding as well and are looking like a real team again.  With that said, no way they beat the Bills THIS week.

I’ll be watching for a few things:

1. Henderson vs Wake.  This could be the matchup of the game.  Wake ripped through the NE line last week and caused fits for Brady.  Let’s hope Hackett has a plan, because I’d rather not see the rookie have to deal with Wake all by his lonesome.

2. The Bills secondary.  Last week Cutler seemed to pass at will (when he wasn’t throwing interceptions).  I like to think that was just Cutler and a couple of good WRs.  Hopefully, the Dolphins don’t get 300 yds passing as well.

3. The running game for both teams.  It seems both teams want to run, but which one will?  If I were going to make predictions, I’d say whomever runs the ball more effectively, will win this game.

4. Marrone.  Can he keep the players focused and sharp in a week where emotions should be riding as high as ever?

5. The Fans at the Ralph.  I anticipate a wild, loud and insane crowd at the Ralph.  Once again, Buffalo is going to show the league and the nation what a true football town looks like.  I hope everyone in attendance has a great time and a safe travel to and from the game. 

Go Bills!!

Edited by Dan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's 4:19am and I can't sleep. Feels like Christmas. It's quiet...too quiet.

Same problem here! But 1:30 for me.

Our Team stats are almost identical, with the exception of points for and yards allowed, which favori the Fins. We'll fix that in about 8.5 hours.

been up since 5 at the Embassy Suites in Buffalo. 6 AM now, leave in an hour for the game. Was up a little too late celebrating Mr. Pegula with my nephews, spent way to much money on Fireball,me head hurts and my stomach not doing much better, my Mother in Law is in the room next me, and I am still way to excited to sleep.

I would leave now if i could get my daughter up...as so many articles have been written, just so emotional spending this day at the Ralph with my son, daughter and nephews......58-3 final score, me watching every point!

Edited by plenzmd1

If you see a tall handsome fella in a Stetson come say hello!

If you're at the game, come say hi!!! Can't miss us, front corner of the lot, big blue tent and big brown truck!!!

Those of you who were unable to attend will be missed! John, Scott, Rande, everyone - hope to see you next year.

Edited by jboyst62

If I was in Buffalo we would be on our way to Hammers right now. Instead we have to be at daughters house by 8 to baby sit. Have fun everyone.

Rande, this whole day is special precisely because of family...how proud you must be.

Enjoy your day, embrace your family...but you will be missed!!!!

If you see a tall handsome fella in a Stetson come say hello!

i will say Hi to you if a i see you as well, assume you will be standing next to said handsome fella?

I am so excited about this game, but will have to record it and watch it later tonight. My girlfriend is flying home today, so I am picking her up from the airport. My biggest challenge will be to shield myself from scores and highlights all day.

Hmm. Maybe I don't really need a girlfriend during football season. (Just kidding.... kinda)

I am so excited about this game, but will have to record it and watch it later tonight. My girlfriend is flying home today, so I am picking her up from the airport. My biggest challenge will be to shield myself from scores and highlights all day.

Hmm. Maybe I don't really need a girlfriend during football season. (Just kidding.... kinda)

Make her a Bills Fan or get rid of her!!! Been married 23 years and she knows what I plan on doing at 1pm. I too wish I was going today. Keep winning Bills! Keep the division behind you starting today!

If the game starts with the Bills getting the ball, I really hope they don't go conservative on that initial drive. The crowd will be beyond crazy and as much as everyone loves the running game, a deep bomb on first down is in order. I think the success of that play increases with the electricity the fans will bring.

I'll be packing up to head to McFadden's in Philly! We all line up at the door until they open and joke that we don't have a drinking problem, we have a football problem :D

Go Bills!

On a more analytic note, how do you think Hackett is going to deal with the 5-2 Miami seems intent on putting on the field? If they really are intent on putting 5 guys on the line with their LB group the way it is, I would love to see a lot of sweeps and quick routes in space to Watkins.

You're choosing a gf over the Bills? Ah, the screwed up priorities of youth!

I think you need to train her better.