Will you be cool if The Ralph becomes Paychex Stadium

$$$1.4 Billion is a heck of a lot of scratch, and I would think it will lead to Mr. Pegula going into 'Jerry Jones' mode, at least to some extent, and explore more opportunities to bring in revenue. Renaming the stadium seems like the logical first step

Edited by Gavin in Va Beach

I would be surprised, given Pegula's apparent sense for honor, if the current stadium was re-named anything other than Ralph Wilson Stadium. However, as the NFL has continually pushed for a new stadium, and is most likely to occur at some point in the next 9 years, *THAT* stadium's name is very much up in the air and generating naming rights does sound like a good business move.

I would be surprised, given Pegula's apparent sense for honor, if the current stadium was re-named anything other than Ralph Wilson Stadium. However, as the NFL has continually pushed for a new stadium, and is most likely to occur at some point in the next 9 years, *THAT* stadium's name is very much up in the air and generating naming rights does sound like a good business move.

I agree that it would be in poor taste to do it immediately or even this season, but next season would not surprise me.

Edited by Gavin in Va Beach

I don't care who buys the naming rights and hope some company steps up. Let Pegula make some money as he over paid for the team, and thank God for El Pegul.

I hope he and the state can figure out a deal for a downtown stadium, and a company stands up and buys the rights. Man it is a good week to be a Bills fan. I hope like hell there is something as one thread mentioned for Kelly and for the announcement of Pegula at the game. Can it get any better? Kelly is cancer free, Pegula gets the team, therefore talks in place for a state of the art stadium although early, we beat the Bears in their house, EJ looked sharp, the new acquisitions were so much fun to watch this weekend, and we get to SQUISH THE FISH for the Home Opener.

I'm taking the boys up for the game from Tampa, so it will be so sweet.

Excellent take.

Simple.

Leave it the Ralph for now.

Build a brand new stadium downtown..............sell those naming rights.

Build a plaza outside with a Ralph Wilson Statue to honor his contribution to Buffalo

I like this plan. I think the new stadium will be located at 1 Ralph Wilson Way and be fronted by the Ralph Wilson Plaza or something along those lines. But I can see Pegula retaining the name in Mr. Wilson's honor as well. The naming rights revenue stream may not be as important to him as others.

GO BILLS!!!

I like this plan. I think the new stadium will be located at 1 Ralph Wilson Way and be fronted by the Ralph Wilson Plaza or something along those lines. But I can see Pegula retaining the name in Mr. Wilson's honor as well. The naming rights revenue stream may not be as important to him as others.

GO BILLS!!!

I can for sure see a Ralph Wilson Plaza with a bronze statue of ralph in the middle.

$$$1.4 Billion is a heck of a lot of scratch, and I would think it will lead to Mr. Pegula going into 'Jerry Jones' mode, at least to some extent, and explore more opportunities to bring in revenue. Renaming the stadium seems like the logical first step

I don't care if they name it Pampers Stadium, as long as they never play another game in toronto. ever.

We're one of the very few teams not to have sold the naming rights to our stadium, and I'm sure that chapped a lot of the other 31 Owner's asses. That meant they had to share more money with Wilson. It used to be Rich Stadium, and it actually always has been to me, I still cal it Rich Stadium for some reason. So who cares in the grand scheme of things

I don't care if they name it Pampers Stadium, as long as they never play another game in toronto. ever.

We're one of the very few teams not to have sold the naming rights to our stadium, and I'm sure that chapped a lot of the other 31 Owner's asses. That meant they had to share more money with Wilson. It used to be Rich Stadium, and it actually always has been to me, I still cal it Rich Stadium for some reason. So who cares in the grand scheme of things

The only money shared is the TV money. Suites, merchandise, naming rights....all go to the individual teams. Some of that money raises the salary cap but is not split up.

I doubt those clowns in TO would have an interest in anymore games. Considering the prize is staying put in Buffalo.