papazoid

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It reads like a bad soap opera. Yikes.

Does this also mean that this was another incident between Marrone and company? I know there was one on the field a week or two ago but this made it sound like this occurred behind closed doors before practice even started.

Might be able to add the halftime tunnel talk to be a third recent

Wasn't LaConfora completely incorrect about something relating to the Bills not too long ago? I just don't recall as I write this.

As an aside, I have no problem with these guys arguing and showing some passion. It also does not surprise me that people with big egos would argue. Also, there always tension between the front office types (who assemble the talent) and the coaches (who are responsible for how that talent performs).

It's completely with in the realm of normalcy from my perspective.

I remember when I posted this thread and got some negative comments saying I was making something out of nothing, blowing things out of proportion, etc… I’d like to hear back from those geniuses now…still don’t think there’s a problem at OBD?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170096-turmoil-brewing-between-marrone-and-whaley/

“Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 1h

Marrone was clearly upset about something. Had some choice language reporters could hear from sideline. Whaley threw up arms in response.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 1h

Marrone, Whaley, and Brandon having an animated conversation as Palmer, Manuel, Tuel warm up.”

Yes, stature. He's the lead NFL reporter for CBS Sports, with a long tenure covering the league. It's not in his professional interest to make things up about a team that most NFL fans don't care about. (BTW, any reason you brought up Bob Woodward as the example?)

He's a television personality, not an investigative journalist. He's an entertainer. It appears all he did was after the fact repackage abunch of old reports and added some questionable facts-- like about monos. Do you think he left Baltimore to investigate this? He entertains, if he's wrong so what. He's not shooting for a Puilitzer

I have no problem with leadership conflict. Usually that happens behind closed doors. The only sin here is that they did it on the field, which is a huge mistake.

I don't know how many of you deal with executive leadership and upper management (your replies proclaiming doom and gloom make me think not much), but this is very common. Most of the time it is healthy, sometimes it isn't.

Either way, I'm only mildly concerned by it.

LaCanfora's on fire this offseason:

-- Bills likely to relocate

-- Spiller will be traded before season starts

-- Kuandjio will start at RT

-- Marrone telling his bosses to fire him and insisting he be called a Saint

Don't know why anyone would question the guy.

Stature, smature. It appears he prints anything one of his "sources" tells him, and doesn't bother to do any research himself. That's what you get for having to be the "insider" for 32 teams -- sloppiness.

Now, can somebody end this thing and start an EJ thread?

LaCanfora's on fire this offseason:

-- Bills likely to relocate

-- Spiller will be traded before season starts

-- Kuandjio will start at RT

-- Marrone telling his bosses to fire him and insisting he be called a Saint

Don't know why anyone would question the guy.

Stature, smature. It appears he prints anything one of his "sources" tells him, and doesn't bother to do any research himself. That's what you get for having to be the "insider" for 32 teams -- sloppiness.

Now, can somebody end this thing and start an EJ thread?

Don't forget his certainty about the Bills picking up Pat White as a backup QB last season.

my god this board...ugh I just don't know what to say.

I surely am one of the biggest Bills fans on the planet and yet I'm pretty sure I don't at all like what has seemingly become the "typical Bills fan".

Just some unbelievable assumptions, conclusions and statements that go on constantly here. It's completely mind-numbing.

Yet I keep coming back here day after day, year after year, contributing just occasionally, like a junkie or something :)

Must be those few sensible posters that I really respect that keep pulling me back. Who knows?

Fire away if you must...It matters little.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't believe I actually read through this entire thread without bashing in my own skull.

The "Bickering Bills" (a nickname that was probably overblown) evolved into the AFC Champion Bills.

Let's hope something similar happens here.

Big differences in the rosters, the reasons, the coach, the goals, everything. This is a dysfunctional franchise

Falling apart at the seams. This is a team that if they hit 8-8 people would do cartwheels about their greatness. And sadly would

Be justified for doing it.

Thats what happens when you deliver krap as a product for 14+ years. And to think some still believe that morons like Nix "improved"

A team that was a habitual 7-9 team when he took over. Merriman, Fritz, Ruvell Martin, drafting a waterbug and now not having a clue to design an offense around him now, because a college hack OC is running the show. i could go on.

Can anyone say for certain that the locker room has Marrones back? They better or it will be a long year.

In the end, all that matters is whether they win or not.

If they lose, everyone will comb through all this bulls**t to find a reason to fire one person and not the other or to find a scapegoat, in the end, if they lose this year, the entire OBD brain trust, TOP TO BOTTOM needs to be fired.

If they win, i.e. make the playoffs, this will be rationalized as being the "fire" and "intensity" they needed to get over the hump and to create that winning culture and no one will care, just like none of us cares about the 1989 Bickering Bills.

Just win.

my god this board...ugh I just don't know what to say.

I surely am one of the biggest Bills fans on the planet and yet I'm pretty sure I don't at all like what has seemingly become the "typical Bills fan".

Just some unbelievable assumptions, conclusions and statements that go on constantly here. It's completely mind-numbing.

Yet I keep coming back here day after day, year after year, contributing just occasionally, like a junkie or something :)

Must be those few sensible posters that I really respect that keep pulling me back. Who knows?

Fire away if you must...It matters little.

Be grateful that you get your "fixes" free of charge.