Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jauron yes, Marrone no. If we can't judge a QB after 1 season, shouldn't that stand for a HC heading into his second season?

Yep. Except Brandon (and perhaps Whaley) hired DM, expecting him to toe the company line. And DM isn't doing so at this point, because his career is at stake. Brandon will skate off to the NFL offices, wherever, and all will be well. But DM is in the prime of his coaching career and isn't about to let OBD lifers prevent him from doing what he needs to do to win. Dude may be arrogant, but most successful people have that trait.

It isn't necessarily arrogance, its believing so strongly that your way is correct and wanting to sink or swim based on your beliefs...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't believe I actually read through this entire thread without bashing in my own skull.

We really do need some kind of TSW intervention.... :lol:

I'll bite. How do you know that?

"Sources deep within".....

Absolutely zero of this matters. Even if you say it's not a good sign that doesn't matter, because some guys are able to work in a pressure cooker and some aren't. If Marrone coaches well, and his players perform, he will be liked and he will keep his job. If he cannot handle the pressures of an NFL job he is not going to last, and the blow-up a week ago, which I would bet anything both happened AND was overblown, means absolutely zero.

If you don't think there are serious arguments and screaming at times around Pete Carroll and his bosses, serious yelling between Jim Harbaugh and his bosses, serious yelling and screaming between Billicheap and his bosses, and Peyton Manning, there is literally no hope for you.

Don't forget his certainty about the Bills picking up Pat White as a backup QB last season.

something like "bills going to pick up pat white" can be derailed by any number of things. the outlining of this story leaves only a few options -- that he was lied to by presumably a bills source (issue that a bills source would be floating venom out there), that it is accurate (previous issue PLUS the issues of the fight), or he made it up out of thin air (i dont love his style but id be surprised here).

surely there are spots where he could be embellishing a little, but thats some pretty specific narrating of a past event, where as most of the "hes unreliable" posts are projections of future things.

Absolutely zero of this matters. Even if you say it's not a good sign that doesn't matter, because some guys are able to work in a pressure cooker and some aren't. If Marrone coaches well, and his players perform, he will be liked and he will keep his job. If he cannot handle the pressures of an NFL job he is not going to last, and the blow-up a week ago, which I would bet anything both happened AND was overblown, means absolutely zero.

If you don't think there are serious arguments and screaming at times around Pete Carroll and his bosses, serious yelling between Jim Harbaugh and his bosses, serious yelling and screaming between Billicheap and his bosses, and Peyton Manning, there is literally no hope for you.

^ This

something like "bills going to pick up pat white" can be derailed by any number of things. the outlining of this story leaves only a few options -- that he was lied to by presumably a bills source (issue that a bills source would be floating venom out there), that it is accurate (previous issue PLUS the issues of the fight), or he made it up out of thin air (i dont love his style but id be surprised here).

surely there are spots where he could be embellishing a little, but thats some pretty specific narrating of a past event, where as most of the "hes unreliable" posts are projections of future things.

You're excusing LaCanfora, but there seems to be a pattern of inaccuracy with his stories for whatever reasons.

Not sure if this is insight or pure conjecture, but profootballtalk had this to say:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/05/doug-marrone-and-the-bills-front-office-reportedly-quarreling/

The tensions apparently arise from differing opinions of some of the team’s personnel. Offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio, receiver Robert Woods and guard Kraig Urbik are all apparently better players in the eyes of the personnel department than in the eyes of the coaching staff.

You're excusing LaCanfora, but there seems to be a pattern of inaccuracy with his stories for whatever reasons.

No, he's separating speculative projection stories from reporting on past events. Two different things.

LaCanfora's on fire this offseason:

-- Bills likely to relocate

-- Spiller will be traded before season starts

-- Kuandjio will start at RT

-- Marrone telling his bosses to fire him and insisting he be called a Saint

Don't know why anyone would question the guy.

Stature, smature. It appears he prints anything one of his "sources" tells him, and doesn't bother to do any research himself. That's what you get for having to be the "insider" for 32 teams -- sloppiness.

Now, can somebody end this thing and start an EJ thread?

You nailed it!

I've read every post before responding. First thought is LaCanfora has really gone downhill since he left NFLN. Thought that way before this story too. Lots of times he pushes bad info

He even slid there from his work with the Post. If you dont think it all about the clicks, i got a bridge for you. Did not have that pressure with the Post.

Be interested to know, and i am sure JW can help here, if reporters like this get bonuses for clicks over a certain number etc.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't believe I actually read through this entire thread without bashing in my own skull.

That would hurt young man! Like i said way back in the first week of camp, i think i prefered when we did not know ever time time EJ missed a read or Marrone broke wind third play in the series.

Give me some games please!!!!

There's zero chance that Woods isn't thought of as an excellent young player by the coaches and front office. Zero.

Absolutely. Marrone flat out said he was trying to light a fire under Woods, who was easily our best WR in preseason, and not only buried Hogan, but surpassed Williams on the official Depth Chart. So that part of it is just poor reporting, based on three weeks ago when Marrone was trying Hogan in the slot.

Absolutely. Marrone flat out said he was trying to light a fire under Woods, who was easily our best WR in preseason, and not only buried Hogan, but surpassed Williams on the official Depth Chart. So that part of it is just poor reporting, based on three weeks ago when Marrone was trying Hogan in the slot.

In some circles Marrone's handling of Woods might be considered as good coaching. Some players need a fire lit under their asses. There may be plenty of reasons to dislike Marrone, but this ain't one of them.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

You nailed it!

He even slid there from his work with the Post. If you dont think it all about the clicks, i got a bridge for you. Did not have that pressure with the Post.

Be interested to know, and i am sure JW can help here, if reporters like this get bonuses for clicks over a certain number etc.

That would hurt young man! Like i said way back in the first week of camp, i think i prefered when we did not know ever time time EJ missed a read or Marrone broke wind third play in the series.

Give me some games please!!!!

Yes nothing generates clicks in the national media like stories about the Bills front office, I suppose he will do a story about dysfunction in the Jags front office next and 20 diehard Jacksonville fans will flock there.