Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As others have said. I have zero problem with this... other than the media getting a hold of it, and it becoming a "thing" to be outraged over.

If they are hot headed, cool... it means they care. I think.

If this were a story about the Belichick getting into heated arguments and MFing the Pats front office or Philbin MFing the Dolphins GM then we'd all be laughing at their dysfunction.

If they are hot headed, cool... it means they care. I think.

I hear this all the time and it's such a load of bunk. Being hot headed means you can't control your emotions, nothing else. All coaches care about winning, they don't have to have a temper tantrum in front of fans to prove it.

The "Bickering Bills" (a nickname that was probably overblown) evolved into the AFC Champion Bills.

Let's hope something similar happens here.

This isn't "the Bills" bickering, it's their HC having a tantrum in and blowing up at his boss in public.

The Greg Robinson era at Syracuse was an unmitigated disaster. Marrone did bring the program back to respectability from the depths of hell. Gotta give him credit for that. But the Saint Doug thing, if true, is too much.

I'm not going to give him credit for 4 seasons at a college in which he had a winning season 2x's in a horrible conference with a whopping best record of 8-5.

Marrone is qualified to coach the Syracuse's of the world. He's out of his element in the NFL. The Pats aren't UConn. BB and Rex run circles around this guy.

I'm not going to give him credit for 4 seasons at a college in which he had a winning season 2x's in a horrible conference with a whopping best record of 8-5.

Marrone is qualified to coach the Syracuse's of the world. He's out of his element in the NFL. The Pats aren't UConn. BB and Rex run circles around this guy.

Rex and him are 1-1. Just FYI.

Seriously don't know what HBO was thinking. Buffalo should have been the clear cut choice for Hard Knocks this year.

The real miracle from St. Doug this year, will he if he is in Buffalo for the 2015 season. If he is, then the Bills will for sure be the first choice. The only way I see him staying us being over .500. I dont think 8-8 will cut it in terms of keeping his job.

The "Bickering Bills" which is partly myth and partly fact was a case of ultra-competitive teammates fighting with one another. It was set off when certain Bills decided others were not giving their all or playing to their full potential. It was fueled by a burning desire to win by a whole bunch of champions. Even if they never won a Superbowl.

What we have now is much different than that. This sounds like FO pressure being put on Marrone to play certain guys despite those guys not warranting playing time. Marrone wants to put the best team on the field that he can find. The FO is pressuring him to give harder looks to failed, relatively high draft picks. Or guys earning a lot of money. You know, so the FO doesn't look like a bunch of idiots.

That is my guess at least as to what is likely behind all this.

Its' not good, it will not help unite the team, and this is not a case of the "Bickering Bills".

By the way, this precise political fight between FO and coaching is common in all sports, and certainly hockey.

The coach wants to play the hard working overachiever because he gets results, but he wasn't even drafted and works for peanuts. That will make the GM/scouting department look bad b/c the highly paid 2nd rounder has to sit as a result. The FO doesn't want to allow that to happen, and so players are played based on politics and in-fighting, not performance on the field/ice/court.

I think that is what's going on here.