Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

Absolutely zero of this matters. Even if you say it's not a good sign that doesn't matter, because some guys are able to work in a pressure cooker and some aren't. If Marrone coaches well, and his players perform, he will be liked and he will keep his job. If he cannot handle the pressures of an NFL job he is not going to last, and the blow-up a week ago, which I would bet anything both happened AND was overblown, means absolutely zero.

If you don't think there are serious arguments and screaming at times around Pete Carroll and his bosses, serious yelling between Jim Harbaugh and his bosses, serious yelling and screaming between Billicheap and his bosses, and Peyton Manning, there is literally no hope for you.

If you believe Carroll or Belichick are screaming to fire them, you are the one without hope.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Schopp and Bulldog are convinced a FO executive - Whaley, monos, Brandon or overdorf, leaked it to Lacanfora because they want to make Marrone look bad so they can fire him. Either that or a scout leaked it who hates him. The things they say were clearly leaked were the disagreements over woods and CK playing time and urbik, because they are high draft picks and relatively large signings that make the FO look bad if they don't play.

Dope and the Lapdog. :doh: Not giving much credence to their speculation.

Dope and the Lapdog. :doh: Not giving much credence to their speculation.

That's fair enough and none of us know exactly what is going on over there.

But a "theory" as spelled out by Schopp and the Bulldog (and me before them) is as likely and logical an explanation as any.

If you disagree, I'd be curious to hear yours.

You do realize that those guys come here to get show content ideas because they are incapable of coming up with anything interesting on their own - right?

No, didn't know that. But that's not a bad strategy, actually, if true.

I am not a big defender of those guys, believe me, but most on here have no idea how tough it is to talk about largely NOTHING day after day after day, for 4 hours at a time. At least without saying "Uh, um, OK. That's it. I'm out of thoughts, ideas, and words. I can't talk about this crap anymore."

They have a tougher job than you think, even if you think they are total idiots.

Marrone:

"Hey, did we have a discussion? Absolutely. I confirm that absolutely. Are we great? We talk every day, three times a day. We talk about a lot of things. We're competitive and I couldn't be happier with those guys, I really couldn't. And then the thing about Jim [Monos] is great, too, because I was one of the ones that recommended Jim to come here. "

http://www.wgr550.co....php?pid=425502

Marrone recommended that Ike Hilliard come to Buffalo also.....

I do. And the PR dept doesn't tell the boss what to do. They make recommendations.

News flash sunshine: the coach of the Buffalo Bills is not the boss.

Russ Brandon is, pretty much. He is a marketing and spin guy. His hair probably caught on fire with this shitstorm broke out today. And if he chatted with the PR people and told them to get the word to Marrone to get something positive out there to manage the damage control, Marrone is going to do it.

His expertise is in Xs and Os on a football field. He is not a manager, he has no business experience, nor does he have any idea how to market a major organization like an NFL football team.

In a context like this, he is most certainly NOT the boss. He is a "yes sir" kind of guy. Take my word for it!

Schopp and Bulldog are convinced a FO executive - Whaley, monos, Brandon or overdorf, leaked it to Lacanfora because they want to make Marrone look bad so they can fire him. Either that or a scout leaked it who hates him. The things they say were clearly leaked were the disagreements over woods and CK playing time and urbik, because they are high draft picks and relatively large signings that make the FO look bad if they don't play.

:wallbash: and the beat goes on....

Except now Florio says it was about picking up Orton "so late in preseason". These national guys can't even get it right, but if Florio is close to the truth, Schoop and Bulldog are way off.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/05/marrones-frustration-arises-from-orton-signing/

No, didn't know that. But that's not a bad strategy, actually, if true.

I am not a big defender of those guys, believe me, but most on here have no idea how tough it is to talk about largely NOTHING day after day after day, for 4 hours at a time. At least without saying "Uh, um, OK. That's it. I'm out of thoughts, ideas, and words. I can't talk about this crap anymore."

They have a tougher job than you think, even if you think they are total idiots.

It's a tough job to do well. It's not all that hard to do it at the level of these mooks.