Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

The Florio report fits nicely into my theory of the only thing that made sense to me, that Saint Doug, because of his experience making chicken salad out of chickenschit with Nassib, thought he could do the same with Tuel and Thad. Whaley gave him the benefit of the doubt (for too long) and finally pulled rank and pulled the plug.

That's still the only thing that makes sense to me.

The exact opposite makes sense to me. Brandon didn't want to write the check, and Marrone had to remind him that everyone's job is on the line, and we'd better get a player in here !@#$ing quick. WTF are you waiting for.

We'll probably never know.

blow?

me where the pampers are

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could make a whole season's tv series of Buffalo, NY and their dysfunctional football team. Need a different title though.

Any suggestions? Rust Belt Blues/ Winter Sundays in Buffalo/ Losing it All in Lackawanna

Bills 15.0?

pretty sure that's not what Marrone said.

jw

also not sure whether Monos was present.

Hmmmm....let's seeeee....do I listen to Canfora, or wawrow? Who is the click-whore, and, who is the real journalist, who broke 2 major, accurate, and original stories about the Bills already this year?

Boy, that's a hard one. :rolleyes: Come on. Canfora is retatta.

Please go to PPP.

Yessss! Yessss! Send it to usssss! We will eat it, and leave its skin hanging in the trees!

I don't have a problem with any of this. Shows these guys actually want to win.

It literally took 10 pages of unmitigated idiocy for this comment to finally show up. And this was the last comment on page 10.

This board isn't doing so well.

Bickering Bills 2.0 ... The last time led to some pretty great years if I'm not mistaken.

Bickering only happens in Buffalo. No place else.

Jauron and Marrone: proven losers. That's a fact.

I don't think Bills fans would care either way about the HC's personality as long as he produces wins. The rest of the nonsense is irrelevant.

So, if the Bills win with Marrone, your post, and your take, is nonsense, and irrelevant, as well.

Just, you know, doing my usual logic thing.

And yet, a victory in Chicago this weekend and all will be well.

I wonder what will happen to this board if our D line exposes the Bears O line?

I also wonder if ANYBODY has bothered to read up on the Bears O line?

I also wonder what the excuses/micro-criticisms will be if we do in fact win....

I have one! "We should've run the ball more in the 4th quarter! We didn't need to pass it so much, and risk losing! (EDIT: how could I forget?) It shows Marrone is in over is head, he almost lost us the game!"

Big whup. If egos don't clash, the wrong people are holding leadership positions.

How many people on this board, do you think, have ever held executive leadership positions? How many have ever been engaged to advise executive leaders? How many have ever been in a meeting with executive leaders? I wonder if they know the "then just fire me!" and F-bomb rate/minute that occurs in said meetings? I do.

I also know: these things usually get resolved when somebody(usually me) suggests we head to a dive bar, have a few beers and try a different approach. This is where my legendary liver, and of course, my expense account, serves me well. I get them drunk, karaoke can be an asset too, and all is forgotten. By the end of the night Bob is willing to let Steve own some of his data/process, provided Steve guarantees consistentcy and accuracy.

Of course nobody thanks me for a damn thing....which...is doing it right.

Are big egos clashing between leadership positions in Seattle? NE? Denver? Green Bay?......

Of course, the difference is: Canfora doesn't have the same malcontent sourcess there. That's what this is about. Whaley hasn't been around long enough, and, the organization hasn't been successful. You're bound to have people going off the reservation under these conditions.

In some circles Marrone's handling of Woods might be considered as good coaching. Some players need a fire lit under their asses. There may be plenty of reasons to dislike Marrone, but this ain't one of them.

GO BILLS!!!

God forbid real coaching(or what we call resource development), that is to say, doing what is necessary to get the most from your people, takes place in Buffalo.

I see you have a lot of experience working in major organizations.

:lol: Yeah, we all do what Marketing/PR people tell us. :lol: Marketing rules!

Thank you. I needed that belly laugh. When I was working for others, I remember this marketing/PR tool I used to abuse on a weekly basis. Not because I am evil, but because he needed constant supervision. If I ever took a full week's vacation with that guy around, I would have come back to find out I was now on the hook for delivering world peace by COB next Friday.

I also wonder:

How many Bills fans would have REJOICED for just one minor spat during the Mularkey/Jauron/Gailey years?

Oh I remember: everybody here just loved "Cheeseburger Night", didn't they? :rolleyes:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The exact opposite makes sense to me. Brandon didn't want to write the check, and Marrone had to remind him that everyone's job is on the line, and we'd better get a player in here !@#$ing quick. WTF are you waiting for.

We'll probably never know.

Except that is the exact opposite of Marrone's personality as well as his comments. He has a huge ego (which all HC's do) and believes in his ability to coach up. I would bet anything he was the guy behind Tuel and not Whaley.

Except that is the exact opposite of Marrone's personality as well as his comments. He has a huge ego (which all HC's do) and believes in his ability to coach up. I would bet anything he was the guy behind Tuel and not Whaley.

What your saying is true, but isn't it possible that half way through camp Marrone knew the back up QBs had "regressed" and started asking for a veteran back up. Wanted Orton and they gave him Palmer. Is it possible that this is why Marrone played Palmer for three quarters, to show how much he sucked? Isn't it possible that this was about money?

...and we haven't even seen the horrific in-game management yet for 2014.

See? As I said above, even if the Bills win on Sunday?

The micro-criticism/excuses are already thrown into the dough, ready to be baked in....

What's a matter? Did you actually read up on Chicago's O line?

Getting a little nervous?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Something I haven't seen discussed is St. Doug's hasty assumption of that title. It's a bit flippant for me.

Based on his record at SU I think we can all agree that Father Marrone is appropriate at the very least. MAYBE I could be talked into Bishop Marrone.

But Saint? Come on Doug....

For all those people acting like this is just made up by Laconfora:

1) Almost nobody nationwide cares about the Bills, so it makes no sense for a national sports writer to even mention them, let alone risk his credibility on a story about them if he wasn't pretty confident in the source(s) who came to him.

2) Things like "Saint Doug" are awfully specific for a "made up" story and the coach didn't even deny saying it today. Instead, he said his friends would give him a hard time for it.

So at the end of the day you have to wonder where this story came from. Assuming a well known national sports writer didn't wake up Friday before the season begins and decide to completely fabricate a story about a team that is almost totally irrelevant to anyone but Bills fans, SOMEONE fed him this information.

Whoever did it is sabotaging the coach IMO. Of course, anyone who refers to himself as "Saint Doug" and makes his team run laps like they are in high school obviously has little respect for the people he works with and probably has some "payback" coming.

Something I haven't seen discussed is St. Doug's hasty assumption of that title. It's a bit flippant for me.

Based on his record at SU I think we can all agree that Father Marrone is appropriate at the very least. MAYBE I could be talked into Bishop Marrone.

But Saint? Come on Doug....

For all those people acting like this is just made up by Laconfora:

1) Almost nobody nationwide cares about the Bills, so it makes no sense for a national sports writer to even mention them, let alone risk his credibility on a story about them if he wasn't pretty confident in the source(s) who came to him.

2) Things like "Saint Doug" are awfully specific for a "made up" story and the coach didn't even deny saying it today. Instead, he said his friends would give him a hard time for it.

So at the end of the day you have to wonder where this story came from. Assuming a well known national sports writer didn't wake up Friday before the season begins and decide to completely fabricate a story about a team that is almost totally irrelevant to anyone but Bills fans, SOMEONE fed him this information.

Whoever did it is sabotaging the coach IMO. Of course, anyone who refers to himself as "Saint Doug" and makes his team run laps like they are in high school obviously has little respect for the people he works with and probably has some "payback" coming.

He's already been canonized: https://twitter.com/StDougMarrone

He's already been canonized: https://twitter.com/StDougMarrone

awesome!

He will NEVER live it down, which was probably the intent of whoever leaked that to LaConfora.

This puts the blowups with management and Jerry Hughes in perspective. Marrone has always been an extremely arrogant control freak, even at SU. The problem is that he hasn't done anything in the NFL.

What your saying is true, but isn't it possible that half way through camp Marrone knew the back up QBs had "regressed" and started asking for a veteran back up. Wanted Orton and they gave him Palmer. Is it possible that this is why Marrone played Palmer for three quarters, to show how much he sucked? Isn't it possible that this was about money?

Possible but doubtful in my mind. Think about what Orton was doing and put yourself in his shoes. There are not a lot of good back up QBs in the league. The Bills and other teams were calling him for weeks (he said it flat out). He simply wasn't going to make a decision until the last Thursday of preseason. What happens if there is another Sam Bradford injury and a starting job opens up? He's waiting until it all plays out.

The Bills, for their part, cannot put all their eggs in his basket, they don't know if their offer is going to be enough, they don't know if there is going to be an injury either that will make the Bills situation less appealing to Orton.

They also know for sure (and should have known long ago), that Tuel and Thad are not the answer. They aren't going to drop both backups who know the play book for Palmer who is a stopgap at best. So they cut Thad and sign Palmer, still hoping for Orton. Palmer schits the bed predictably and they make their final offer. There is ten days left. Orton sees no starting jobs materialized so he takes the best offer and chance to play, in buffalo, with a shaky starter, but good skill players and a good running game and LT.

Edited by Kelly the Dog