Am I the only one who still believes in EJ?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is his slow eyes, they don't catch up to the rest of his body until his third season, can you imagine playing two seasons without eyes? But once they catch up it on.

So, does he get extra eyes after after the second season? Is there a special helmet for that? My mother had eyes in the back of her head (or maybe I was stupid).

I want the Bills to win. If EJ is our starting qb I want him to be successful. I don't even want superstar, I want competency. When our O can't do anything agAinst the Lions scrub players I get concerned. Unfortunately I think when we are at the bye EJ will be the 30th best starter in the nfl, and a few teams will have 2nd stringers better than him.

The problem is his slow eyes, they don't catch up to the rest of his body until his third season, can you imagine playing two seasons without eyes? But once they catch up it on.

I have this theory, and I have tested it before, and it's proven to be true. The theory is, that all people that think or say that "EJ has slow eyes" actually are the ones with the slow eyes. So of course it looks that way to you. Everyone else, with normal to quick eyes, see him and see that he has normal eye speed.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Sorry but you should take the word "ALL" out of of that sentence there are "fans" that would rather see him fail than watch the Bills win. I'd bet my house on it.

Doubt that. I am an EJ doubter who has been labeled a hater. I don't hate him at all. I just don't think he has what it takes to be good.

I love the Bills and hope to god I am wrong about him. I root like hell for him but I don't let my fandom influence my evaluation of his abilities.

Most people who take the time to post on a board like this love the Bills root for him the same way.

Edited by FluffHead

I'm comfortable with *him*.

I'm not confident he'll develop with our OL and coaching staff. Which is a damned shame.

On another team, I think he'd develop into a pro bowler. On this team, I suspect he'll be replaced in a year or two.

Edited by Dorkington

I have this theory, and I have tested it before, and it's proven to be true. The theory is, that all people that think or say that "EJ has slow eyes" actually are the ones with the slow eyes. So of course it looks that way to you. Everyone else, with normal to quick eyes, see him and see that he has normal eye speed.

So it's like time travel. Got it.

I really like Ej. Good guy, tries hard, has tools, like his attitude. I just don't think he's accurate with the ball and I don't like his throwing motion. Looks like he's changed his motion a lot since last year, but I'm still not a fan of it. I'd give him a 20% shot at becoming a legitimate starter that will force defenses to be scared of our passing attack. I hope that 20% is enough, I really want him to succeed. I just don't think it's gonna happen. I think Kyle orton is a better QB once he learns the playbook

I'm judging him from his regular season games only. I think I am the only one left on EJ island. It's nice here. Umbrella drinks.

I'm not too sure what you actually mean by this.

If you are meaning that you fully believe that he will develop into a Franchise QB, then I'm sorry Yolo, I hold that line of thought in similar disdain as I do those who fully believe that he will be a bust(likely more so as the odds are in the favour of the latter).

If however you are saying that you believe EJ still has a chance to become a Franchise QB, and you are giving your emotional/mental support to him 100%......then I totally agree. I'm all-in with that!

EJ has to run.... Run like there's no tomorrow...

Love him or hate him, NO ONE respects this kid's arm. That's thanks, in part, to Nat Hackett's lousy playcalling.

EJ is going to have to MAKE them respect his arm... -By getting them to respect his LEGS.

Granted, it's risky. -No risk no reward.

More designed runs.

Two tight end sets to create mismatches.

That's the only way we have a chance.

I'm in at least until he gets 1,000 attempts.

GO BILLS!!!

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. I would say, thousand attempts, 60-65 percent completion rate, 40 TDs minimum. Sound good? That's one TD per every 25 attempts.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

I'm not too sure what you actually mean by this.

If you are meaning that you fully believe that he will develop into a Franchise QB, then I'm sorry Yolo, I hold that line of thought in similar disdain as I do those who fully believe that he will be a bust(likely more so as the odds are in the favour of the latter).

If however you are saying that you believe EJ still has a chance to become a Franchise QB, and you are giving your emotional/mental support to him 100%......then I totally agree. I'm all-in with that!

i mean that I have not decided that he can't lead this team to the playoffs this year as our QB, and that he has a chance to develop into our franchise QB. I believe he can do both of these things based on his regular season play as a rookie and the fact this is his second year in the league and in the same system. I believe he can be the QB the bills need him to be in order to win games.

On either side of this question, IMO the smartest people will add "I could be wrong." Because the fact is, we just don't have enough information.

I think this is a very important year for Manuel but the first thing that I hope he can do is just tune out the negative outsiders - of which there will be many - and just play ball. Coaches will be there to help him, and he should listen, but when he gets out on the field overthinking it will kill him. Just play ball.

i mean that I have not decided that he can't lead this team to the playoffs this year as our QB, and that he has a chance to develop into our franchise QB. I believe he can do both of these things based on his regular season play as a rookie and the fact this is his second year in the league and in the same system. I believe he can be the QB the bills need him to be in order to win games.

I figured that's what you meant, but I didn't want to assume. I'll be right there with you(metaphorically speaking), hoping and cheering, and enjoying the play and hopeful development of EJ this year.

Go Bills!

I think once you saw what Buffalo paid Orton that you couldn't discount the front office and coaches giving Manuel a very short leash. I think the second Manuel starts to falter and cause his team games, Orton will be thrust into the lineup and will be hard to unseat unless the guy absolutely flops.

I think once you saw what Buffalo paid Orton that you couldn't discount the front office and coaches giving Manuel a very short leash. I think the second Manuel starts to falter and cause his team games, Orton will be thrust into the lineup and will be hard to unseat unless the guy absolutely flops.

That was a Buffalo/coax me from "retirement" premium, not starter-money premium, IMO. If the coaches pull EJ for a guy who hasn't had their playbook for very long, they are writing their own obituaries.

I have to say, the whole thing is seeming rather like the Edwards-Fitz situation in 2010. Somebody in the Bills organization had a major conniption over the QB situation (and rightfully so) during the preseason. Only Lewis and Tuel were sent packing, but EJ isn't immune.

LOL, The term its only Preseason is overused

It may be preseason but you still have to hit wide open wide receivers,read a defense, make faster decisions,

Regular season games won't fix this....there is no magic switch

Part of the problem is coaching, The Bills want to turn EJ into a pocket passer because the guy is injury prone. Its not his game....

If the Bills wanted a pocket passer then they should have drafted one....

Enjoy your umbrella

Edited by HOUSE

Hope you have a good boat for when you leave the island.

I have always maintained the second season is when you definitively find out about your QB, so he could still shine.

However, that is usually because that is when they mentally grasp it all.

The problem with EJ does not appear to be mental. He just seems an inaccurate passer. Not sure that is correctable, but like everyone else, I will be pinned to the television for the opener, somehow believing it's possible.

Geno, on the other hand, threw with far more accuracy, but made tons of mental errors. If he shines this year it will make it all so much worse.

Sorry but you should take the word "ALL" out of of that sentence there are "fans" that would rather see him fail than watch the Bills win. I'd bet my house on it.

No fan of a team sincerely roots for one of its players to fail. Lucky for you that you can't bet your house.

I see what you did there, and I am amused (not hazed, presently).

Doubt that. I am an EJ doubter who has been labeled a hater. I don't hate him at all. I just don't think he has what it takes to be good.

I love the Bills and hope to god I am wrong about him. I root like hell for him but I don't let my fandom influence my evaluation of his abilities.

Most people who take the time to post on a board like this love the Bills root for him the same way.

And then there are those openly rooting for the dude to get injuries, which conjures up my worst memories of Bills fans.

Been there since he was drafted.....not going anyone I have my favorite place picked out on EJ island.......the beachfront area is going to appreciate in value very soon.

Seriously, I actually thought judging by your posts that you owned EJ island? For now I have my boat moored just off the island right in front of the Tiki bar. For obvious reasons.

I may buy a lot there after game 4. But don't call me a bandwagon fan. It took a lot of gas to get the to the island.

Are you Philip K. Dick, perchance?

LOL, The term its only Preseason is overused

"Its only preseason" is a phrase, dude, about a single preseason that belonged to something.

Whew whew whew whew whew (that's a grammar police sound effect, because I don't take myself that seriously).

I think the jury's still out, not every rookie is Andrew Luck. I am more than willing to see where he is at the end of this year, then if he stays healthy see where he is and we will all be better able to make a real determination.