Perfect Quote from Schwartz

“That’s one of the good things about being here in Buffalo. The weather was so bad, we had plenty of time as coaches to stay together. When that snow was rolling and it was 5 degrees outside, we were holed up in the room, watching all their stuff from last year.”

Yeah, that's what I want to hear. Make sure this gets out to every potential free agent, too,

“That’s one of the good things about being here in Buffalo. The weather was so bad, we had plenty of time as coaches to stay together. When that snow was rolling and it was 5 degrees outside, we were holed up in the room, watching all their stuff from last year.”

Yeah, that's what I want to hear. Make sure this gets out to every potential free agent, too,

Also the situation on Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NE, GB, Minnesota, Chicago, Philly... do I need to go on? The players know where it is cold and where it isn't. Edited by YoloinOhio

In the winter I tend to agree...in the summer there are few places better

Agree wholeheartedly re: summer. But even in the wintertime... I lived down south for 7 years and moved back to WNY. I am happy to trade the soupy-ass humid-as-hell summers down there for the winters up here. It's easier to warm up in the cold than cool down in the heat.

Agree wholeheartedly re: summer. But even in the wintertime... I lived down south for 7 years and moved back to WNY. I am happy to trade the soupy-ass humid-as-hell summers down there for the winters up here. It's easier to warm up in the cold than cool down in the heat.

Plus unless you live in southern California, or south Florida, the winters aren't warm enough to make up for the blast furnace that summer is in a lot of these places...is 50 degrees with a cold rain really better than 30 with snow? I'd say no...

I have often wondered what pizza delivery is like during these times in Buffalo

I get visions of a snowplow delivering dominoes pizza while they are all huddled around a big screen.

Dominos?? Did you say Dominos?? Joey Todaro, Jr. will hunt you down and B word slap you for suggesting that crap. %LaNova

On the bright side, I really liked his presser yesterday. If the D does well, he'll get another shot next year and the Bills will continue their merry-go-round of D-Cos.

And that is exactly what our new DLine coach (and future DC), Pepper Johnson, is counting on. Good to know we already have a plan in place for if/when it happens.

And that is exactly what our new DLine coach (and future DC), Pepper Johnson, is counting on. Good to know we already have a plan in place for if/when it happens.

Something tells me Schwartz will be here next year even if the D does well......

Some guys make great DC's and OC's and are just not good head coaches

Marrone mentioned this in his last presser, that they plan to promote from within from now on since they have a succession plan set up. Would not have worked with Jim O'Neil (my words, not his) because he had so little experience to handle a defense on his own without the support if a defensive HC.

Cue the people bitching about Schwartz complaining about Buffalo weather.

Im just gonna complain about Dave Wannstadts, I mean Jim Schwartzs unimaginative schemes as I watch our sack total drop into the teens and see our Defense go from top ten to bottom five. This guy is going to be a disaster.

Im just gonna complain about Dave Wannstadts, I mean Jim Schwartzs unimaginative schemes as I watch our sack total drop into the teens and see our Defense go from top ten to bottom five. This guy is going to be a disaster.

Oh hi, Mike Pettine! Nice choice of screen name but I'd have spelled it "Dawgness."

Why do you say that? Most NFL people say he was a great hire and is a good DC. Not sure where the comparison to Wannstedt comes from?

Here are some more fun Schwartz quotes:

'Whether we were up seven, we needed that one first down. Well, we needed more than that one first down"

"It's very disappointing. But all our games, well not all, we have had a couple of wins where we have sort of led the, well not led the whole game, but they haven't come to down to close. But all of our closes have come close"

"You know, I don't know..."

"We were expecting the possibility of weather, but even waking up this morning and coming here today, nobody was predicting six inches of snow or whatever we had during the game"

"Some people watch adult videos on their computer. I go to YouTube and watch Jahvid Best highlight clips. That's what gets me aroused."

Why do you say that? Most NFL people say he was a great hire and is a good DC. Not sure where the comparison to Wannstedt comes from?

What di they say when Wannstedt was hired?

Plus unless you live in southern California, or south Florida, the winters aren't warm enough to make up for the blast furnace that summer is in a lot of these places...is 50 degrees with a cold rain really better than 30 with snow? I'd say no...

Excellent point. Give me snow over cold rain any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Perhaps when you make it from the practice squad you will have something more insightful to say

Didnt you know nucci? All 4-3 defenses have the same amount of success (they dont) regardless of player talent (ours is huge) even if the DC running it still knows how to create pressure (statistics show that he does)

Nothing to see here.....carry on

Here are some more fun Schwartz quotes:

'Whether we were up seven, we needed that one first down. Well, we needed more than that one first down"

"It's very disappointing. But all our games, well not all, we have had a couple of wins where we have sort of led the, well not led the whole game, but they haven't come to down to close. But all of our closes have come close"

"You know, I don't know..."

"We were expecting the possibility of weather, but even waking up this morning and coming here today, nobody was predicting six inches of snow or whatever we had during the game"

"Some people watch adult videos on their computer. I go to YouTube and watch Jahvid Best highlight clips. That's what gets me aroused."

What di they say when Wannstedt was hired?

Doesn't mean they're similar coaches.

But Buffalo has more days of the 30 with snow than others have 50 with cold rain.

When did everybody get together and decide winter sucks? Why wasn't I at that meeting?

Christmas in warm weather just feels wrong. Plus my kids love playing in the snow. I do too.

Back on topic, I thought Schwartz's quote referencing Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" was even better. He's telegraphing to potential free agents how young and hip Buffalo is. Championship!

true, they have a couple good candidates currently on staff, Henderson should be considered at this point in his career.

Nothing to see here. He's talking about the weather in the off-season.

With the exception of about a half dozen cities, nearly all players go and live at "home" after the season is done. And he's right, it was freaking cold in WNY this past year.