Michael Vick visiting the J-E-T-S - NOW SIGNED!

KDIGGZ

Per NFL.com, Michael Vick to the Jets is getting more serious. Vick is going out there this weekend to meet with the team. It must be pretty serious if he is going on a visit. Vick has said he doesn't want to be a backup so it sounds like the Jets might be giving up on Geno already and it's pretty much a given that Mark Sanchize will be released.

What are your thoughts on Vick possibly being the starter in NY and playing us twice a year?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000335234/article/report-michael-vick-plans-to-visit-ny-jets-this-weekend

*Edit* Vick has signed a 1 yr deal. Who will wear #7?

Edited by kdiggz

I don't think they're necessarily giving up on Geno, but more getting a backup plan together if he struggles again. Vick would be a better option for them if you ask me, but I still hope we throttle them twice this coming season.

I think Vick is a better person today but a worse player than ever. So i do not think i care if he goes to the Jets. I do not think Vick has a lot left in the tank. Vick will still make a couple of plays here and there, and his arm is dangerous as are his feet. Unfortunately Vick can no longer over come his short comings in reading a D with his raw talent.

Great scenario in JETS country--Geno struggles, fans go nuts. Geno gets pulled. Vick comes in and does his Vick thing: completes half his passes, throws a ton of ints and gets sacked 100 times. Then he is out for the rest of the season. Re-enter Geno.

This makes no sense. All of Geno's current struggles are the same as Vick's weaknesses.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Per NFL.com, Michael Vick to the Jets is getting more serious. Vick is going out there this weekend to meet with the team. It must be pretty serious if he is going on a visit. Vick has said he doesn't want to be a backup so it sounds like the Jets might be giving up on Geno already and it's pretty much a given that Mark Sanchize will be released.

What are your thoughts on Vick possibly being the starter in NY and playing us twice a year?

http://www.nfl.com/n...ts-this-weekend

Let's bring in Sanchez to vie for the backup spot with Thad Lewis...

http://www.nfl.com/n...ts-this-weekend

with any luck they will sign him so we get to face a crappy, below average QB in our own division.

Fingers crossed!!!

Considering Vick is usually on IR by Columbus Day, I think the chances of seeing him twice in one year are fairly remote.

Glad to see the Clown Circus is gearing up for another run in NYC!

I dont see how anyone can think this means they are giving up on Geno. If they sign Vick they would most likely do so with the thinking that he could compete with Geno for the starting job. Vick may be finally realizing that teams dont view him as a starter anymore either

I dont see how anyone can think this means they are giving up on Geno. If they sign Vick they would most likely do so with the thinking that he could compete with Geno for the starting job. Vick may be finally realizing that teams dont view him as a starter anymore either

Can you imagine the pressure on Geno having Vick behind him? How long before the fans and media clamor for Vick?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

per TMZ (of all places)...a big snag in the negotiations this weekend between Vick and the Jets is going to be getting the #7 jersey. Currently Geno wears it. But Vick's company is called "V7" so it doesn't make much sense unless he wears #7 I guess. should be interesting to see what happens. if they take away Geno's starting job AND his jersey then there's going to be some drama in NY

per TMZ (of all places)...a big snag in the negotiations this weekend between Vick and the Jets is going to be getting the #7 jersey. Currently Geno wears it. But Vick's company is called "V7" so it doesn't make much sense unless he wears #7 I guess. should be interesting to see what happens. if they take away Geno's starting job AND his jersey then there's going to be some drama in NY

:rolleyes: Here we go...

Maybe they could have two #7s like Notre Dame did last year.

Or maybe it can be the prize for whoever wins the QB job in camp.

Whatever keeps Vick out of Buffalo.

I'm kinda upset that Pettine left again. I would have loved seeing his attacking D total demolish Vick twice per year (or not, depending on how early he gets injured). Here's hoping Schwartz can do the same. I want Vick to be the meat in a Williams sandwich.

Geno beat us once last year... so does that mean we're 0-2 vs the Jets this upcoming season?

Yes that D plus a halfway decent offense is going to be scary. As much as the Vick detractors want to try and make us believe his best days are behind him, he is still head and shoulders better than anyone else they had on that team and I'm kind of nervous to play these guys now

If there is one thing that I can count on for the offseason, it's that the Jets' front office knows how to crank the schadenfreude up to eleven.

Look, I'm not going to rule out Vick entirely. He did win out the starting job for the Eagles at the start of last season. When he gets hot, he gets hot. Right now I'm living in the South NJ/Philly area, so I'm going to expect quite a few commentators to chime in, but the honest truth is that Vick got flat beat by Nick Foles. The Eagles looked like a joke at the midseason point, and Nick Foles made them a playoff team.

Vick looks like a possible future for Geno. Both get knocks for the same things: immature attitude, holds the ball for too long, and accuracy issues. I don't see how bringing in someone with almost identical skill sets, only a decade older, helps you in the long run. It creates a QB controversy which is going to piss off the younger player and likely cause him to regress.

I could be wrong, but it looks like the circus is back in town.

Yes that D plus a halfway decent offense is going to be scary. As much as the Vick detractors want to try and make us believe his best days are behind him, he is still head and shoulders better than anyone else they had on that team and I'm kind of nervous to play these guys now

What position do you play?

If anyone can curtail the drama and use the spotlight to hype their product it is the Jets. This won't be a distraction, it never is. Like Rex or not he can manage a team that seems to have "drama."

The only interest I have in Vick with the Jets is what he will put on the football field. I have a feeling it will be lackluster.