So sick of Manning and Brady

ALLEN1QB

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills can't win the Superbowl, I want Manning to win it. Everytime.

This, especially when the remaining alternatives are what they are.

Refreshing to see a QB who:

A) Knows something about the game's history in an era where most of these clowns couldn't tell you who won Super Bowl II.

B) is smart enough to manage a game like an expert Madden player.. 2:02 left why not throw it on 1st down? Jim Nantz and his idiocy is not surprisingly shocked by this.

Live in Denver, also pulling for the NFC regardless of what happens next weekend, but cannot bring myself to pull for the Broncos vs. the Pats, their fan base is just too dopey. Yes I'm sure if I lived in Boston I'd say the same thing about New England fans, but I don't, so the reality is that despite being as big a Bills fan as there is, I am pulling for New England on Sunday.

This, especially when the remaining alternatives are what they are.

Refreshing to see a QB who:

A) Knows something about the game's history in an era where most of these clowns couldn't tell you who won Super Bowl II.

B) is smart enough to manage a game like an expert Madden player.. 2:02 left why not throw it on 1st down? Jim Nantz and his idiocy is not surprisingly shocked by this.

That's funny, I was watching it at a bar and couldn't really hear but I was thinking how smart that was that he took a chance and threw there. Did Jim Nantz really not understand why he did that?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

That's funny, I was watching it at a bar and couldn't really hear but I was thinking how smart that was that he took a chance and threw there. Did Jim Nantz really not understand why he did that?

He didn't really say it explicity but you could hear it in his voice as he was calling the play: "And they throw on 1st down!" [raised voice emphasis on 'throw'].

I have always like Peyton. For some reason, I am starting to hear more and more people say that they don't like him and wish he would go away. These same people seem to think Brady is wonderful. I don't get it. I will root for the Broncos if they get in, or I will root for whoever the NFC team is if the Patriots get in.

Live in Denver, also pulling for the NFC regardless of what happens next weekend, but cannot bring myself to pull for the Broncos vs. the Pats, their fan base is just too dopey. Yes I'm sure if I lived in Boston I'd say the same thing about New England fans, but I don't, so the reality is that despite being as big a Bills fan as there is, I am pulling for New England on Sunday.

I can see rooting for NE. A 3rd straight SB loss would be that much more heart breaking. I would love to see Brady's tears that day. Dropping to .500 in the big game would be nice as well.

Maybe we can see Gisele have a mini meltdown again :)

Edited by Nikademus

I have always like Peyton. For some reason, I am starting to hear more and more people say that they don't like him and wish he would go away. These same people seem to think Brady is wonderful. I don't get it. I will root for the Broncos if they get in, or I will root for whoever the NFC team is if the Patriots get in.

Eh...we just live in very negative times. Our hate for other teams far exceeds our like of any others...it is just kind of like that...remember, back when the Bills were annually losing Super Bowls, there was a huge back-lash against them, because people were just sick of seeing them and hearing about them...

For me, I hate the Pats (for all the obvious reasons), and I despise Jim Harbaugh (is there a more classless jerk HC in the NFL?) and Pete Carroll (is there a more classless jerk HC in the NFL), so the Broncos are the only team left to root for. I have a hard time hating Manning...

Edited by Buftex

I'd take Manning over Brady any day in the playoffs. I just hate the Patriots. But, I am so sick of Manning and his antics. He gets away with murder. How do you get your OL to stand up, your WR's to walk over to you and your RB's to get up from their stance while Manning make a Manhattan, smokes a cigar and then gets the defense to take a timeout because they are too stupid to realize its 99% schtick and show.

I'd love to see someone just knock him on his ass in a few weeks after they beat the Patriots. A Seattle/Denver Super Bowl? Meh. I think no matter who ends up in the Super Bowl I will root against all four teams?

I guess Denver might be the team I want so people can stop saying Brady has X amount of rings and Manning only has 1.

I don't mind Peyton winning. He seems like the classy professional. I'd certainly rather see him get a ring over pretty boy Brady.

Absolutely. Not sure what the OP meant when he said "egos". Manning rarely shows any kind of ego. Brady on and off the field comes across as an arrogant douche. An absolute whiner when he doesn't get "his calls" from the Refs that are usually so happy to oblige (remember his F-bombs at Clete Blakeman in CAR?) Hopefully with this game @ DEN we'll see a few less of those "homer" calls/ non-calls that are always in favor of the pats*

I like manning over harbaugh or carroll or Brady

I'd take Manning over Brady any day in the playoffs. I just hate the Patriots. But, I am so sick of Manning and his antics. He gets away with murder. How do you get your OL to stand up, your WR's to walk over to you and your RB's to get up from their stance while Manning make a Manhattan, smokes a cigar and then gets the defense to take a timeout because they are too stupid to realize its 99% schtick and show.

I'd love to see someone just knock him on his ass in a few weeks after they beat the Patriots. A Seattle/Denver Super Bowl? Meh. I think no matter who ends up in the Super Bowl I will root against all four teams?

I guess Denver might be the team I want so people can stop saying Brady has X amount of rings and Manning only has 1.

I like Manning, but if you have been putting money on him in the playoffs "any day", you have lost money steadily.

I woud take Carroll or Harbaugh over any coach we have had for the past 15 years. They are actually good coaches, and passionate about their jobs. What's wrong with that? Why shouldn't the Bills have those 2 characteristics in a coach?

It's sad to think it's been 17 years since our greatest QB played his last snap as a Buffalo Bill. If only the Bills could get lucky and land a QB the caliber of P. Manning or Brady. After 14 years of missing the playoffs (and 9 losing seasons), I feel we deserve another great run like we had in the late 80's-mid 90's.

I hope Manning & Broncos put a beating on the Patriots next week as I wish the Patriots would lose every game they play.

Absolutely. Not sure what the OP meant when he said "egos". Manning rarely shows any kind of ego. Brady on and off the field comes across as an arrogant douche. An absolute whiner when he doesn't get "his calls" from the Refs that are usually so happy to oblige (remember his F-bombs at Clete Blakeman in CAR?) Hopefully with this game @ DEN we'll see a few less of those "homer" calls/ non-calls that are always in favor of the pats*

By egos, I think he meant success.

It's sad to think it's been 17 years since our greatest QB played his last snap as a Buffalo Bill. If only the Bills could get lucky and land a QB the caliber of P. Manning or Brady. After 14 years of missing the playoffs (and 9 losing seasons), I feel we deserve another great run like we had in the late 80's-mid 90's.

I hope Manning & Broncos put a beating on the Patriots next week as I wish the Patriots would lose every game they play.

Agree totally. I live out here & am tired off Harbaugh, & Colin, but would love the 9er's d in Buffalo

Yes I'm sure if I lived in Boston I'd say the same thing about New England fans, but I don't, so the reality is that despite being as big a Bills fan as there is, I am pulling for New England

Interesting, but strange. Not sure how any Bills fan could root for New England vs any team. They have absolutely been the source of so much misery for Bills fans over the playoff drought. I despise that team and cannot even imagine wanting them to win a football game. I'd take Harbaugh, Carroll, anyone BUT them hoisting the Lombardi in 3 weeks. Hopefully Manning, but any team other than New England will do...

I always cheer for the AFC in the Super Bowl. Although I wasn't that upset when the Giants ended the Patriots* perfect season.

I'd be glad to see the Broncos win and for Manning to win another Super Bowl.

I will not cheer for the Patriots at all.

If the Super Bowl is New England Vs. Seattle, dear God. I have to choose between Bellicheat & Carroll?! :sick: :sick: :sick:

http://usatoday30.us...6-brennan_x.htm

Ya...real class guy. Stop idolizing athletes, people.

that's hilarious. An incident like that gets spotlighted? Whoever the woman is, well, she is ineffective. In calling what Manning did to bring it to light for no reason, well, she brings it up for no reason. Instead of picking on another athlete she goes for the golden goose...and fails.

That woman is a dolt nitwit moron.

that's hilarious. An incident like that gets spotlighted? Whoever the woman is, well, she is ineffective. In calling what Manning did to bring it to light for no reason, well, she brings it up for no reason. Instead of picking on another athlete she goes for the golden goose...and fails.

I can barely understand what you're saying.

And I'm sure you'd feel the same way if that was your wife or sister.

I cant stand watching Peyton Manning play QB...I hate losing to the Patriots...With that said I give Tom Brady mad props for what he has accomplished and done in the NFL...I grew up in the 70's and I have been lucky enuff to see some great qbs play in the NFL...Brady is either 2nd best of all time or maybe even tops in my book...As soon as we get lucky enuff for them to retire Peyton will probably be put on the top TV analysis job for fox and we will get stuck listening to him for the next 20yrs...

The article was written over ten years ago

Not me, as I want Manning to win another SB. :thumbsup: Mostly to shut up the people who say Brady is the best all time, he sorta is...if you include the way his cheating HC got him SB wins.

Jeez, if that is the worst thing Manning did in his younger years. He could be the next pope compared to most football players. I talked with an NFL scout and he stated everyone has something in their proverbial closet, and most of them involve an arrest.

I cant stand watching Peyton Manning play QB...I hate losing to the Patriots...With that said I give Tom Brady mad props for what he has accomplished and done in the NFL...I grew up in the 70's and I have been lucky enuff to see some great qbs play in the NFL...Brady is either 2nd best of all time or maybe even tops in my book...As soon as we get lucky enuff for them to retire Peyton will probably be put on the top TV analysis job for fox and we will get stuck listening to him for the next 20yrs...

What don't you like about watching Peyton? That guy is a world class maestro at the LOS. He's the best I've seen. Brady is a very good QB, but has had the good fortune of a defensive master HC and a division with absolutely NO good QB's in it during his run. Basically gets him 3-4 extra wins each year and cozy home for the playoffs. I mean, that team went 11-5 with Matt Cassell when he was out with his knee injury. The guy is good, but not the best ever...

What don't you like about watching Peyton? That guy is a world class maestro at the LOS. He's the best I've seen. Brady is a very good QB, but has had the good fortune of a defensive master HC and a division with absolutely NO good QB's in it during his run. Basically gets him 3-4 extra wins each year and cozy home for the playoffs. I mean, that team went 11-5 with Matt Cassell when he was out with his knee injury. The guy is good, but not the best ever...

Yeah, Manning had to face down QBs like Schaub, Carr, McNair....

And Brady's playoff record (you know, when not playing the AFCE) is 18-7 whereas Manning just got to 10-11.

Head to head, Brady has beaten Manning regularly, home or away.

Yeah, Manning had to face down QBs like Schaub, Carr, McNair....

And Brady's playoff record (you know, when not playing the AFCE) is 18-7 whereas Manning just got to 10-11.

Head to head, Brady has beaten Manning regularly, home or away.

http:// http://thebiglead.com/2011/01/17/the-twisted-tale-of-paddy-ice/

Chronology matters a lot in our perception.

It'll be 2-2 in the H2H in the postseason after Sunday.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/brennan/2003-11-06-brennan_x.htm

Ya...real class guy. Stop idolizing athletes, people.

I'm not sure anyone here is idolizing him. But if that's the big skeleton in Peyton's closet, then he's a choir boy. Seriously.

And for those that might suggest Brady is better, I offer that Manning has just broken all Brady's significant passing records this season. And, he's doing it on his second team at an age when most all QBs start falling off a bit. How many QBs have every switched teams and had the success Manning is currently having?

I would like to see a Seattle-Denver superbowl which Denver would win.

1) Kaep has looked raw at times this year. No knock on him, many young QB look human once the league gets tape on 'em. But given what I see, I would find the canonization of St Kaepernick the Elite that would ensue if he goes to the Superbowl 2 yrs in a row to be stomach-churning

2) Seattle's D has looked wicked. Just wicked. Much as I'd like to see a Denver win, if they make it to the Superbowl I feel the Legion of Boom! bangs Manning up.

3) So, how is Denver's run D, and D overall, without Von Miller? They need 'em to sit on Brady and Co for Denver to have a chance.

Manning is much better than Brady. Its evident watching the games who actively does more and who is benefiting more from others around him.

The Patriots have simply been a better TEAM over the last decade+ than the Colts where. Lets not forget they CHEATED. THEY CHEATED THEY CHEATED THEY CHEATED.

I know the NFL wants to sweep it under the rug but guess what, Brady was 12-2 in the playoffs before being caught and 5-5 since (I guess now they are 6-5) and 3-0 in teh SB now they are 0-2. Brady stinks under pressure, its well documented. Give him the Bills OL for the last decade and Brady would have never made it to the playoffs. Manning never gets the protection Brady does, Manning just gets rid of the ball that much faster.

Brady was an average Game Manager in the super bowls they did win, relying on great D and a strong run and screen game. This year, same thing.

Peyton has been his entire team for his entire career. 10 straight 10 win seasons turns into a 1-15 record when he gets hurt. Patriots go 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

Its not even close.

Edited by peterpan

Dude, I often agree with you, but this time you've got it seriously mixed. The woman went on with her life until Manning published a book in which he (for no reason) brought up his version of the incident and called the lady "vulgar and trashy" or something like that, leading to her being demoted in her job at the time Manning's book was published (a reason to take action).

Manning is the one who behaved like a dolt and should have kept it clean and stayed classy rather than spotlighting the incident in his book.

Edited by Hopeful