So sick of Manning and Brady

ALLEN1QB

Live in Denver, also pulling for the NFC regardless of what happens next weekend, but cannot bring myself to pull for the Broncos vs. the Pats, their fan base is just too dopey. Yes I'm sure if I lived in Boston I'd say the same thing about New England fans, but I don't, so the reality is that despite being as big a Bills fan as there is, I am pulling for New England on Sunday.

Dopey >>>>>>>> Mass holes

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's hilarious. An incident like that gets spotlighted? Whoever the woman is, well, she is ineffective. In calling what Manning did to bring it to light for no reason, well, she brings it up for no reason. Instead of picking on another athlete she goes for the golden goose...and fails.

That woman is a dolt nitwit moron.

It's also worth noting Brennan is to gender stuff what Al Sharpton is to race. Every Billy Jean King documentary shows her eyes lighting up as if watching her beat some 55yr old fart was the highlight of her life.

3) So, how is Denver's run D, and D overall, without Von Miller? They need 'em to sit on Brady and Co for Denver to have a chance.

Miller was never real close to last year's version anyway so not a huge loss. Football Outsiders has their D middle of the pack & 9th vs the run.

Ah, the Sour Grapes thread.

What can you say, besides "Hat's off"? Brady and Manning are amazing quarterbacks and really nice guys, too. If only they were Buffalo Bills.

Swap them and the results don't change. Brady has always had the more balanced team and better coaching staff.

I personally think it's been a great rivalry for the NFL and I'm very much looking forward to them staring into the whites of one anothers eyes with a place in the Superbowl at stake one last time. A bit like that US Open final where Sampras and Agassi played when they were both all but done (think it might have been Sampras' very last match before retirement) it is one of the age old great sporting scenarios... two great Champions one last time. The match up suits Denver in just about every way I think... but then Belichick has found ways to confuse Manning before.... I'm sure that New England will come up with something next weekend, but whereas you can stcik Talib on TY Hilton and shut down Indi... who do you stick him on against Denver? They have so many weapons.

Their era is nearly over, but I will be sitting back to enjoy next Sunday... because I'll still be talking about Brady vs Manning in 15/20 years. They are games that have defined an era.

I have always like Peyton. For some reason, I am starting to hear more and more people say that they don't like him and wish he would go away. These same people seem to think Brady is wonderful. I don't get it. I will root for the Broncos if they get in, or I will root for whoever the NFC team is if the Patriots get in.

I just get sick of watching the same guys competing for the championship every year. By all logical theories Manning & Brady's time should of been done quite some time ago but here they are 15 years later as good as ever. I mean it is mind boggling that they have been this good for this long. I also don't like how they get treated differently then the rest of the qbs in the league. You brush against them a second after they release the ball & it is roughing the passer. That call last night towards the end where they called PI to keep their drive alive was marginal. The refs let them play all game & then they call that at the end. Hardly any other QB gets that call. I don't know maybe it is just me being a sore loser, I always liked Manning but I am getting sick of him. I almost hope he fails his physical in March so he can't play anymore.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/brennan/2003-11-06-brennan_x.htm

Ya...real class guy. Stop idolizing athletes, people.

I don't know, if that is the worse that could be said about manning that he mooned some reporter when he was 21 years old after being in the spotlight for all these years I would probably have to say that the article drives home the point that manning is a petty good guy more so then he is a jerk.

Honestly, how could anyone HATE Peyton Manning? Freaking model citizen of all time, pro's pro, class act and the best field general I have ever seen. Those who want him to go away, look at whats around the corner.....the inked-up gamer generation with Superman complexes.

Brady played in a system predicated on cheating for a large part of his career. He benefited greatly from methods that were indeed known to be violations of the rules. This is a fact. He mastered a system (damn well I might add), and while the level of mastery is oddly something to be in awe of, it is beyond me how that little painful fact of cheating is so easily forgotten by many. It negates everything done before the story broke....and tarnishes everything after.

Yes he deserves asterisks all over his stats, NO he does not deserve the HOF, nor does Bellicheck. They do not deserve their Lombardi's . They do not deserve any of the 3 rings. They won every SB by 3 points - cheating. It made a difference. The media has blacked it out, the NFL has conveniently left it behind as it's a threat to the gravy train....it is in no way an indication of the significance of the matter.

Brady doesn't belong in the same conversation as Manning. Anyone (thats not a fan boy) with a moral compass would agree.

If I strictly follow the misery loves company doctrine my rooting order would be:

NE*

Denver

SF

Seattle

This would be due to NE* having won most recently, but NE* is a special case and I reserve the right to alter the doctrine because the Patriots* are the Patriots*. Therefore, my rooting preference becomes.

Denver

SF

NE*

Seattle

I'd take Manning over Brady any day in the playoffs. I just hate the Patriots. But, I am so sick of Manning and his antics. He gets away with murder. How do you get your OL to stand up, your WR's to walk over to you and your RB's to get up from their stance while Manning make a Manhattan, smokes a cigar and then gets the defense to take a timeout because they are too stupid to realize its 99% schtick and show.

I'd love to see someone just knock him on his ass in a few weeks after they beat the Patriots. A Seattle/Denver Super Bowl? Meh. I think no matter who ends up in the Super Bowl I will root against all four teams?

I guess Denver might be the team I want so people can stop saying Brady has X amount of rings and Manning only has 1.

Seattle vs Denver in the Super Bowl is *almost* an all AFC match-up, since Seattle was in the AFC until the NFL realignment a few years back.

Nice trivia:

Seattle is the only team to have played in both the AFC and NFC Championship Games

I will root for whoever plays NE.

I'm still OK with Manning because he hasn't got that "my ship don't stink" attitude.

He's been on the receiving end of the bad Refs calls where Brady has them in his pocket.

you can't deny the favoritism the Putrids get week in and week out.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Peyton Manning is my all-time favorite NFL player (non-Bill). He is greatness on the field and off. All class, too. I hate Brady and the Pats*for obvious reasons, so that makes it easy for me to cheer for Denver from here on out. I also can't stand how the media keeps saying Peyton has something to prove and a "cloud" over his head. He has a SB ring and played in 2. He made the playoffs every year he played in the league except 1. He will be playing in his 22nd playoff game this week. If anyone has yet to read the SI Sportsman of the Year article on him, I highly recommend it. Amazing where he was 2 years ago to where he is today with having to completely re-learn everything.

Yeah, Manning had to face down QBs like Schaub, Carr, McNair....

And Brady's playoff record (you know, when not playing the AFCE) is 18-7 whereas Manning just got to 10-11.

Head to head, Brady has beaten Manning regularly, home or away.

Brady's had the superior defense and HC, period. It takes more than just a QB to win games (as we saw with Luck the other night). McNair actually split an MVP w/ Manning ? and Schaub had some very good seasons. The AFC "least" had about 8 decent games from Bledsoe as a Bill (one of which was a win vs Brady and Pats*) as far as good QB's go. Not much to speak of for QB play. Alex Smith is a better QB by far than anything in the AFCE other than Brady. 3 or 4 "automatic" division wins a year goes a long way toward securing a bye week. QB's don't actually play "against" each other. BB and the NE defense have been superior in most of those games, hence the record. Whatever, it isn't as simple as one QB vs another. This year, a bogus "offensive PI" against the Broncos and a fluke punt bounce hitting a Bronco in the leg made the difference. Hopefully the Broncos get all the "homer" calls that have benefited the Pats* in so many games....

I'm still OK with Manning because he hasn't got that "my ship don't stink" attitude.

He's been on the receiving end of the bad Refs calls where Brady has them in his pocket.

+ 1(million)

Honestly, how could anyone HATE Peyton Manning? Freaking model citizen of all time, pro's pro, class act and the best field general I have ever seen. Those who want him to go away, look at whats around the corner.....the inked-up gamer generation with Superman complexes.

Brady played in a system predicated on cheating for a large part of his career. He benefited greatly from methods that were indeed known to be violations of the rules. This is a fact. He mastered a system (damn well I might add), and while the level of mastery is oddly something to be in awe of, it is beyond me how that little painful fact of cheating is so easily forgotten by many. It negates everything done before the story broke....and tarnishes everything after.

Yes he deserves asterisks all over his stats, NO he does not deserve the HOF, nor does Bellicheck. They do not deserve their Lombardi's . They do not deserve any of the 3 rings. They won every SB by 3 points - cheating. It made a difference. The media has blacked it out, the NFL has conveniently left it behind as it's a threat to the gravy train....it is in no way an indication of the significance of the matter.

Brady doesn't belong in the same conversation as Manning. Anyone (thats not a fan boy) with a moral compass would agree.

Manning is old-school. He will outwork anyone when he has already achieved everything. Not constantly posting pics of himself on Twitter. When asked last night by a reporter if he was thinking about his neck injury during the game, he said "only thing that's weighing on my mind is how soon I can get a Bud Light."

I like Manning. Respect Brady. And I like watching both the 49ers and Seahawks. So really, its a win for me, with 3/4 teams. And as much as I'm tired of Brady, he's one of those greats that I'll look back on and feel lucky I had the chance to witness his career.

I gotta say, coverage of these match-ups, and personalitues will always reach the saturation point for most of us...I find myself enjoying the games a lot more if I pay less attention to ESPN and NFL Network, etc etc...there is very little news value to their programming...we get burned out on guys like Manning and Brady...don't let the coverage turn you off from watching and enjoying some of the very greatest players from this era...in the "good old days" we were starved for football coverage, now we are stuffed with it.

Anyone who thinks Manning is better than The Brady has to ask: could Manning get the ball to Julian Edelman 105 times this year?

I hate Brady...but c'mon. Julian freakin' Edelman. :wallbash:

I truly don't know who is better. There are so many different criteria you could use. I just love Manning and hate Brady!

You mean like the wrestle slam the pats online did on the colts dline man which caused dierdorf to say, "how do you miss that call?" AND HE'S HOT FOR BRADY which is surprising that he called it.

or do you mean the tripping NO-CALL, YES THE STICKING OUT YOUR STUPID LEG TO cause the opposing player to trip and fall?

You mean like these 2 plays???

CHEATING PATS GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING. Refs let them win straight up you mutha :censored: stinking zebras.!!!

Anyone who thinks Manning is better than The Brady has to ask: could Manning get the ball to Julian Edelman 105 times this year?

I hate Brady...but c'mon. Julian freakin' Edelman. :wallbash:

That's bs Dc.

He had amendola too. He also had gronk. And a 4 rb attack.

Plus I dont even get it. You mean manning physically cant throw a slant pass to edelman105 times??? Just kidding. I get your point. Brady had a decent year with a mediocre wr corp. So what? Anyone can dink and dunk.

Brady is a dink and dunk 5 yard master. That's it. I hate him. He's a crying b. And i hate him.

So to simpoy answer your question. Could manning get the ball to ... 105 .... Sure!. Probably 150 times. Why not? Manning is better than brady.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Brady's had the superior defense and HC, period. It takes more than just a QB to win games (as we saw with Luck the other night). McNair actually split an MVP w/ Manning ? and Schaub had some very good seasons. The AFC "least" had about 8 decent games from Bledsoe as a Bill (one of which was a win vs Brady and Pats*) as far as good QB's go. Not much to speak of for QB play. Alex Smith is a better QB by far than anything in the AFCE other than Brady. 3 or 4 "automatic" division wins a year goes a long way toward securing a bye week. QB's don't actually play "against" each other. BB and the NE defense have been superior in most of those games, hence the record. Whatever, it isn't as simple as one QB vs another. This year, a bogus "offensive PI" against the Broncos and a fluke punt bounce hitting a Bronco in the leg made the difference. Hopefully the Broncos get all the "homer" calls that have benefited the Pats* in so many games....

+ 1(million)

5 times Manning had top 10 D's in points allowed:

2009: lost in the SB

2008: lost in WC (one and done)

2007: lost in div game (one and done)

2005: lost in div game

2002: lost in WC (one and done)

Brady's AFCE winning %: 79

Manning's AFCS winning %: 76

lots of easy wins for both in the divs.

I agree about the coaching--Brady has perhaps the best ever, Manning had perhaps the worst (who else squandere so many years with so much talent on both sides of the ball?).

You mean like the wrestle slam the pats online did on the colts dline man which caused dierdorf to say, "how do you miss that call?" AND HE'S HOT FOR BRADY which is surprising that he called it.

or do you mean the tripping NO-CALL, YES THE STICKING OUT YOUR STUPID LEG TO cause the opposing player to trip and fall?

You mean like these 2 plays???

CHEATING PATS GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING. Refs let them win straight up you mutha :censored: stinking zebras.!!!

That's 2 of the 5

pssst but don't let Jim in Anchorage read this, he'll say we are whining about the Refs too much

5 times Manning had top 10 D's in points allowed:

2009: lost in the SB

2008: lost in WC (one and done)

2007: lost in div game (one and done)

2005: lost in div game

2002: lost in WC (one and done)

Brady's AFCE winning %: 79

Manning's AFCS winning %: 76

lots of easy wins for both in the divs.

I agree about the coaching--Brady has perhaps the best ever, Manning had perhaps the worst (who else squandere so many years with so much talent on both sides of the ball?).

ZERO wins in the Big Game after Spy Gate ...... hmmmmmm

I wonder if that's payback for burning the tapes.....

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I gotta say, coverage of these match-ups, and personalitues will always reach the saturation point for most of us...I find myself enjoying the games a lot more if I pay less attention to ESPN and NFL Network, etc etc...there is very little news value to their programming...we get burned out on guys like Manning and Brady...don't let the coverage turn you off from watching and enjoying some of the very greatest players from this era...in the "good old days" we were starved for football coverage, now we are stuffed with it.

Agreed. Its the endless, ad nauseum coverage that ruins it more than anything. (although that does help to determine who the league is favoring; therefore, who will win)

This season, I've stopped watching all NFL gameday and espn coverage throughout the week. On game day, I typically turn the game on about 10minutes prior to kickoff. I don't feel any less informed.

Manning is good with or without a good oline.

Marcia is crap with a bad oline. Plus he cries in public.

Manning is one of the least touched QBs in history. He's taken over 20 sacks only 5 times in 13 seasons. He's never been sacked 30 times.

Brady has been sacked over 30 times 5 times; under 20 times once.

What's your point? Manning has always had good protection. Neither guy is mobile.

I have always liked Peyton and still do. Brady on the other hand is a little kitty. I picked Seattle and Denver for the SB at the beginning of the playoffs, with Seattle winning it all. Could still happen if Seattle can get by SF. I still think Denver will beat NE at home and Seattle should win at home as well. I like Seattle's D over Denver.

Agreed. Its the endless, ad nauseum coverage that ruins it more than anything. (although that does help to determine who the league is favoring; therefore, who will win)

This season, I've stopped watching all NFL gameday and espn coverage throughout the week. On game day, I typically turn the game on about 10minutes prior to kickoff. I don't feel any less informed.

Yeah, I don' think I have watched a pre-game show in about 3 or 4 years...I usually watch one highlight show each Sunday or Monday, but that is about it. I was so excited when Time Warner finally got the NFL Network at the begining of the 2012 season...but I can't stand it...only thing I watch is older stuff (Football Life, NFL Films stuff, classic games)....it is all just so repetitive and nonsensical. Sometimes, less is more.

That's 2 of the 5

pssst but don't let Jim in Anchorage read this, he'll say we are whining about the Refs too much

Not to mention a freaking karate LEG WHIP that wasnt called a few weeks back. A freaking kick boxing move. A bruce lee move on the nfl field. It wasnt called?????!!!!! Im pretty sure if the leg whip was done by a bills player, the fine would have been accessed right there on the spot.

"It looks like the refs are asking cordy glenn to pay the 25,000 fine during the game. They are not waiting till Monday. They want the fine paid right now. The nfl is the most fair institution in all sports" Phill Simms.

If the Bills can't win the Superbowl, I want Manning to win it. Everytime. Anything to tarnish Tommy is good for me.

Exactly. In my mind, Manning is such a superior QB to Brady...so, the more SB's he can win, the less we have to hear people verbally fellate Brady on TV.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Manning is one of the least touched QBs in history. He's taken over 20 sacks only 5 times in 13 seasons. He's never been sacked 30 times.

Brady has been sacked over 30 times 5 times; under 20 times once.

What's your point? Manning has always had good protection. Neither guy is mobile.

That's because of Manning's quick release.

Brady is slow and stupid.

Yeah I may not make sense sometimes. So what.

Ps. One constant for Brady is their oline. I dont know about this year, but it seems like they have the same guys for a long time.

Funny, the times I've supported Denver in past Super Bowls had nothing to do with the team or city, I just liked their quarterback (Elway, not Morton). This year, same deal - I've always liked Peyton. I will say that personally, the NFL gods have been unusually harsh to us Buffalo folk, as had Tom Brady played for a team outside our division (and had the success he's had), a lot of us would be happy to see him add the icing onto an already stellar NFL career. Certainly, it fits with our "regular guy" attitude that a 6th round pick outperformed the no. 1 overall guy routinely over the course of their careers. But, as Bills fans, although we can acknowledge his accomplishments, we can't fully enjoy them.

Exactly. In my mind, Manning is such a superior QB to Brady...so, the more SB's he can win, the less we have to hear people verbally fellate Brady on TV.

Even this weekend the announcer said the "short pass is Marcia's bread and butter" Ok he didnt say marcia. But he did say Brady.

Brady dances and ballets under pressure. All he needs is the skirt.

I cant root for any other team in the nfl so i dont care who goes and even less who wins. I do expect the nfc.to take it this year, both seattle and san frans defense seem to be pretty dominate. And i think thats what the game will come down to, with so much emphasis on qb in modern era, we shouldnt forget the old saying defense wins championships, and i personally think its still true. But really guys, its just a big commercial fest anyways with a little football sprinkled in between the ads. So go bud light!