So sick of Manning and Brady

ALLEN1QB

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Manning. Respect Brady. And I like watching both the 49ers and Seahawks. So really, its a win for me, with 3/4 teams. And as much as I'm tired of Brady, he's one of those greats that I'll look back on and feel lucky I had the chance to witness his career.

you mean dink and dunk to welker all day. what's so great about that? (or woodhead or edelman. Same ssss)

or just throw it upfield to gronk since his wide frame and reach is almost undefendable?

or just throw it towards the sidelines since most likely you will get the pass interference call? Specially when the game matters most.

or him pouting like a little girl?

or his team beating us over and over and over again?

or the tuck rule which everyone in the stadium INCLUDING THE PATS thought it was fumble?

what's to like about him. i feel damned. not lucky.

Now if you said Andrew Luck. Then we could have a conversation. But Brady???

Ah but there's nothing like Happy Feet Manning.

left right left right left right left right - 10 yard + frozen rope pass and catch

But for some reason after that penguin move of left right left right he completes a 20 yard pass.

It looks weird, but it works.

I love Manning and his dopey looking lil brother.

Manning is the best regular season QB ever but you're crazy if you'd take him over Brady in a big game. Add to the fact that Brady played his entire career outdoors in NE with far less offensive talent, he gets the edge. And it used to annoy me too but these are 2 legends.

IMO, the pressure is all on Manning. 10-11 is not a great playoff record. 12-11 with 2 titles is much more impressive if he wins the bowl this year.

how many TD passes did Brady have this weekend?

His team won in a rout. If Christian Ponder was the Pats QB, the lanes Blount ran through would be a lot smaller.

Great QBs change the way defenses play. Similar to the week 17, the plan is not to let Brady beat you. Let Blount and hte rbs beat you. And if they do, good for them. Brady is the whole key to that team.

Even this weekend the announcer said the "short pass is Marcia's bread and butter" Ok he didnt say marcia. But he did say Brady.

Brady dances and ballets under pressure. All he needs is the skirt.

If you do watch Brady the Pats offense does not ask him to make a ton of tough throws. Most of his throws are 5 yard slants, screen passes & throwing seem routes down the middle to his big tight ends. He will throw outside the hashes once in awhile but you get the feeling he is throwing the ball with the intention of getting a flag & not throwing for the completion if that makes sense. Brady's best attribute is he knows where the open guy is going to be between the hash marks on most plays & he throws it on rythym. Disrupt his timing & you got a good chance of beating him.

Manning, some of the throws he makes are just flat out unbelievable. He will have a 2x2 indow to get the ball in & he does it time & time again. He doesn't have a great arm but he gets it there & he is the most accurate QB I have ever seen. Both of these QB's are like an extra coach out there, they are as smart as the come.

I always cheer for the AFC in the Super Bowl. Although I wasn't that upset when the Giants ended the Patriots* perfect season.

I'd be glad to see the Broncos win and for Manning to win another Super Bowl.

I will not cheer for the Patriots at all.

If the Super Bowl is New England Vs. Seattle, dear God. I have to choose between Bellicheat & Carroll?! :sick: :sick: :sick:

Hey, at least Carroll isn't dragging a priss like Brady along with him. A Seattle win (first one ever) would be fun to see (if slightly painful with Lynch and a guy like Wilson the Bills could have had) but another New England win would be brutal. And is Carroll really any worse than Harbaugh the hand-breaker?

yeah, it's sickening when QBs succeed. why can't these guys struggle like QBs do in Buffalo for lo so many years. unfair.

jw

And while we're at it - did I mention how much I hate those people at work that get raises when I don't? And don't get me started on lottery winners.....

I like Manning. Respect Brady. And I like watching both the 49ers and Seahawks. So really, its a win for me, with 3/4 teams. And as much as I'm tired of Brady, he's one of those greats that I'll look back on and feel lucky I had the chance to witness his career.

Couldn't have said it better. As much as I hate seeing Brady pick us apart year after year......I will miss him when he's gone. There may never be another like him so I just enjoy the show, watching the position be played to near perfection.

I like both of these guys and despite the hate on this board for Brady (which I totally get) he sounds pretty classy in the interviews I've seen.

When we play the Patriots....well...just see my avatar ! LOL !

Manning is one of the least touched QBs in history. He's taken over 20 sacks only 5 times in 13 seasons. He's never been sacked 30 times.

Brady has been sacked over 30 times 5 times; under 20 times once.

What's your point? Manning has always had good protection. Neither guy is mobile.

Manning is hardly ever sacked because he reads the defense and releases the ball so quickly. He beats you with his mind and his accuracy...

From the perspective of being a life-long fan of the Bills, I despise every team in our division with a passion...and which one I despise the most at any given time depends on a number of factors. However, as a fan of the game, I can appreciate just how good Manning and Brady are - two of the best to ever play the game. My team is home for the playoffs and now, as a fan of the game I am hoping each game is down to the wire, great football. I hope Manning and Brady each play to their potential this coming weekend. If so, it could truly be one of those games that only come along once in a while.

I've been a lifelong Bills fan. Grew up despising the Dolphins for their ten year win streak against us. Now that I'm older, I find I don't begrudge New England just because they've dominated us. Instead, I wish we could be more like them. In short I'm jealous of the success they've had. But I'm not mad at them, or Brady, and I can't understand anyone who says he sucks or doesn't deserve his success. Instead, I'm mad at our organization for not getting their act together for the past 20 years.

With the Bills out I'm planning to enjoy the matchup, and hope it's an exciting one that goes down to the wire. Congratulations Patriots and Broncos, Brady and Manning - you've earned your right to battle it out for the AFC Championship. Give us a good show!

Manning is hardly ever sacked because he reads the defense and releases the ball so quickly. He beats you with his mind and his accuracy...

Throughout their careers, both of these guys have been amongst the quickest release QBs in the league, so there's no difference there. Also, you would be the first person I have ever seen to claim that Brady doesn't read a defense quickly.

So release time and reading a defense are not why MAnning has so fewer sacks than Brady. He's had better o-lines.

Throughout their careers, both of these guys have been amongst the quickest release QBs in the league, so there's no difference there. Also, you would be the first person I have ever seen to claim that Brady doesn't read a defense quickly.

So release time and reading a defense are not why MAnning has so fewer sacks than Brady. He's had better o-lines.

And, far better receivers (than Brady) who are more apt to get open sooner thereby making Manning's (quick release) decisions much simpler and easier to make.

Peyton's had better guys to throw to for almost their entire era of joint domination. People talk about Brady throwing lots of timing routes or down the seam for Gronkowski... but that's what he has had available to him. When he had Randy Moss he threw the ball to him. Give him Demaryus Thomas and I'm sure he'd throw the ball to him too. Brady is an all time great... anyone on here who can't see that is a blinkered Bills fan letting their heart rule their head. Manning is an all time great too. They are both arguably first ballot Hall of Famers... which would make it interesting if they retired the same year.... I have a feeling this may well be the last time we see them face off in the play-offs.... if the Broncos win I think it might be the last time we see them face off period. If Peyton gets that second ring I can see him doing an Elway and riding off into the sunset a Champion.

Peyton's had better guys to throw to for almost their entire era of joint domination. People talk about Brady throwing lots of timing routes or down the seam for Gronkowski... but that's what he has had available to him. When he had Randy Moss he threw the ball to him. Give him Demaryus Thomas and I'm sure he'd throw the ball to him too. Brady is an all time great... anyone on here who can't see that is a blinkered Bills fan letting their heart rule their head. Manning is an all time great too. They are both arguably a lock as first ballot Hall of Famers... which would make it interesting if they retired the same year.... I have a feeling this may well be the last time we see them face off in the play-offs.... if the Broncos win I think it might be the last time we see them face off period. If Peyton gets that second ring I can see him doing an Elway and riding off into the sunset a Champion.

Fixed.

I don't care who they have had to throw to or who they had coordinate their offense, both are all-time greats and we are lucky to have watched their careers unfold. Peyton is just fun to watch and I was happy to see him complete that third down pass to get a bit of the monkey off his back in terms of one and done in the playoffs. Honestly, I wish we had a QB who could complete that pass in that situation. I hope he kills the Patriots this weekend.

As a Bills fan who loathes the Patriots, I obviously hate that I had to see Brady's teams kill us every year, but stepping back, I cannot help but admire the job he has done. Everyone talks about how Fitz was Fitz last year because of the scrubs we had at receiver. Brady shattered that myth this season with the slop the Pats trotted out week to week. As for coaching, Belichek has to be discussed as one of the greatest coaches of all time and anyone who says differently is looking at it through Bills' coloured glasses.

By the way, I was throwing up in my mouth as I wrote that last paragraph.

you mean dink and dunk to welker all day. what's so great about that? (or woodhead or edelman. Same ssss)

or just throw it upfield to gronk since his wide frame and reach is almost undefendable?

or just throw it towards the sidelines since most likely you will get the pass interference call? Specially when the game matters most.

or him pouting like a little girl?

or his team beating us over and over and over again?

or the tuck rule which everyone in the stadium INCLUDING THE PATS thought it was fumble?

what's to like about him. i feel damned. not lucky.

Now if you said Andrew Luck. Then we could have a conversation. But Brady???

But for some reason after that penguin move of left right left right he completes a 20 yard pass.

It looks weird, but it works.

I love Manning and his dopey looking lil brother.

If you can't recognize Brady's skillset, then you're clearly watching different games than I am. Sure, as a Bills fan, I hate Brady, because he's better than any QB we have ever had (yes, I said it). But as a football fan, I can't help but appreciate his career.

Fixed.

I don't care who they have had to throw to or who they had coordinate their offense, both are all-time greats and we are lucky to have watched their careers unfold. Peyton is just fun to watch and I was happy to see him complete that third down pass to get a bit of the monkey off his back in terms of one and done in the playoffs. Honestly, I wish we had a QB who could complete that pass in that situation. I hope he kills the Patriots this weekend.

As a Bills fan who loathes the Patriots, I obviously hate that I had to see Brady's teams kill us every year, but stepping back, I cannot help but admire the job he has done. Everyone talks about how Fitz was Fitz last year because of the scrubs we had at receiver. Brady shattered that myth this season with the slop the Pats trotted out week to week. As for coaching, Belichek has to be discussed as one of the greatest coaches of all time and anyone who says differently is looking at it through Bills' coloured glasses.

Haha, thanks for the correction. It would be interesting though if they retired the same year and therefore became eligible the same year would they put them both in as first ballot guys? Would be interesting.

I agree on Belichick as well by the way... the way the guy is able to prepare his whole roster to play so that there isn't huge drop off when he is on his 2nd and 3rd stringers amazes me year in and year out.

Haha, thanks for the correction. It would be interesting though if they retired the same year and therefore became eligible the same year would they put them both in as first ballot guys? Would be interesting.

I agree on Belichick as well by the way... the way the guy is able to prepare his whole roster to play so that there isn't huge drop off when he is on his 2nd and 3rd stringers amazes me year in and year out.

Me too. As a Bills' fan, I always bemoan the number of seemingly crippling injuries we have....but what team had more significant injuries than the Patriots this season? And here they are, a game from the SB. Incredible.

Amazing how things are cyclical, I remember being so annoyed at how Kelly and the bills dominated our division for what seemed like forever. Although I was rooting for Kelly win the last SB I wanted him get at least one.

As a Pats fan, this season is a success even if they lose on Sunday, they done it with NO veritcal threat at WR, no Gronk, and No "accused"mass murderer Hernandez. Add in all the injuries to key players on D and this team has done amazing with this talent.

That said Bills fans dont be so discouraged your team showed vast improvement WITHIN the division,you took games from BOTH Miami and NY BOTH who were at the time fighting for a playoff spot. As for your D against NE in the last game, you built your D build Brady and the high flying O of every year EXCEPT this year which has turned into a smash mouth pound the rock team do to absolute need.

Fixed.

i wish there was a like button for your post. and for those wondering this is who Brady has been throwing to at WR this year;

Edlman

® Dobson

® Thompkins

® Boyce

Amondola

1/2 Collie (he been cut and resigned so much he is like a yoyo)

A dare ANYONE find a superstar on that list of WR. (He did have gronk a TE for 6 games)

As a football fan, what more could you possibly want more than a Brady Manning match-up to get to the Super Bowl?

I could think of another matchup right away. How about Wilson vs Kapernick?

It's not Brady vs Manning by the way.

It's Manning vs Bellychecks. Brady is just slightly above average imho.

I dont want pats to advance. But I almost wouldnt mind just so seattle or 9ers can rock his @ all day. Both teams can stop the run.

i wish there was a like button for your post. and for those wondering this is who Brady has been throwing to at WR this year;

Edlman

® Dobson

® Thompkins

® Boyce

Amondola

1/2 Collie (he been cut and resigned so much he is like a yoyo)

A dare ANYONE find a superstar on that list of WR. (He did have gronk a TE for 6 games)

No need to explain this. Your team is 75% run this year. Why dont you name your 4 rbs better and their respective different running style/strength. See this has is another point to validate Bellycheat as a mastermind. Not Brady. Brady is slightly above average in my opinion.

I could think of another matchup right away. How about Wilson vs Kapernick?

It's not Brady vs Manning by the way.

It's Manning vs Bellychecks. Brady is just slightly above average imho.

I dont want pats to advance. But I almost wouldnt mind just so seattle or 9ers can rock his @ all day. Both teams can stop the run.

I disagree with the Brady just slightly above average, how can a guy who made rache Caldwell look like a top notch WR be just a little above average. (The Pats were a Caldwell drop away from beating the colts and going to the SB in 06 the Colt fans even call him BUGSY! from his eye picture like 2 minutes later lol)

I mean how can someone with the MOST passing yards ever by a QB in the post season just be a little above average? (and he is 2 yrs younger than Manning..)

As for the SB, I see Seatle or SF killing either the Pats or Denver. that D will stifle Denver O and well their (denvers) D is average at best.

Rooting for Pats again, as I always do once Buffalo capsizes.

I wish Bill and Tom had spent their careers in Buffalo.

Yeah, you guys boil at the thought, but we cannot help what we root for.

Dude this is like finding your wife with the cable man and you allowing them to "do their thing", then you getting them towels for the after shower. Oh and meanwhile you're cooking their dinner.

I cannot understand your post. You are a pats fan. That's ok. But you're not a bills fan for sure.

I understand hating the Pats. Calling Brady slightly above average is football-ignorant.

See Pats vs Jets playoff games with Sanchize at the helm. Brady sucked both playoff games.

See pats vs ravens playoff games.

With a strong defense attack Brady folds like origamy. His passes become very inaccurate and he becomes bad.

Calling bellycheak above average is football ignorant. I would agree, which I'm not saying that. But calling Brady slightly above average is debatable. Remember the Matt Cassel season? This was all bellycheacks, no brady.

I understand hating the Pats. Calling Brady slightly above average is football-ignorant.

There will ALWAYS be an asterisk next to Brady's sucess.

Caught cheating? Yes.

Benefited from hall of fame coach? Yes.

Going 11-5 without him while Peyton's team only wins 2 games when he is out? Yes

This list can be quite extensive. Benefiting from countless favoritism from the league? Yes. There was clear evidence of this even this weekend. It's so funny.

Right now,

Brady is 18-7 as a starter in the playoffs with 3 rings,

P-Gump is 10-11 as a starter In the playoffs with 1 ring.

HUGE advantage Brady.

If somehow the Broncos were to win this year's SB,

Brady would be 18-8 with 3 rings,

P-Gump would be 12-11 with 2 rings.

BIG advantage Brady

If somehow the Broncos were to in the next 2 SBs & the Pats lost in the 1st round,

Brady would 18-9 with 3 rings in 5 SB games

P-Gump would be 15-11 with 3 rings in 4 SB games.

Then it gets debatable. Brady would have a better overall winning % but P-Gump would've gotten his 3 rings in 1 less game.

Bottom line, IF P-Gump can get 2 rings in 2 years, I can overlook all the one-and-done's, the epic choke against the Saints, etc. and consider him one of the overall all-time QB greats.... it worked for Elway. But till then, he is still far below & looking up at Montana & Brady.

See Pats vs Jets playoff games with Sanchize at the helm. Brady sucked both playoff games.

With a strong defense attack Brady folds like origamy. His passes become very inaccurate and he becomes bad.

Calling bellycheak above average is football ignorant. I would agree, which I'm not saying that. But calling Brady slightly above average is debatable. Remember the Matt Cassel season? This was all bellycheacks, no brady.

Caught cheating? Yes.

Going 11-5 without him while Peyton's team only wins 2 games when he is out? Yes

This list can be quite extensive. Benefiting from countless favoritism from the league? Yes. There was clear evidence of this even this weekend. It's so funny.

Name ONE Great QB who did not have a great coach? They go hand and hand

favortism? sigh

So the fact the Patriots ORGANIZATION is/was better run than the Colts organization means Brady is a lesser QB? Huh?

Brady was not caught cheating? OH again confusing the ORGANIZATION with the player.

Folds under pressure? you named 2 teams that had AMAZING D and he folded under pressure? FACT Brady gave the Pats D the LEAD with 2 minutes left in BOTH the last SB appearances. 9against the freakin GIANTS the best D in the league IMO both years!) FACT the D couldnt hold.

THE sad fact is your a narrow minded fan who has missed watching one of the greats play because you refused believe he was great.

Dude this is like finding your wife with the cable man and you allowing them to "do their thing", then you getting them towels for the after shower. Oh and meanwhile you're cooking their dinner.

I cannot understand your post. You are a pats fan. That's ok. But you're not a bills fan for sure.

Analogies are not your strong point. Extremely weak, actually.

Bills fan since the AFL days.

If they are not part of the equation I enjoy watching the Pats. They play the way you are supposed to play. No matter how many injuries they keep going. Incredible stuff.

Right now,

Brady is 18-7 as a starter in the playoffs with 3 rings,

P-Gump is 10-11 as a starter In the playoffs with 1 ring.

HUGE advantage Brady.

If somehow the Broncos were to win this year's SB,

Brady would be 18-8 with 3 rings,

P-Gump would be 12-11 with 2 rings.

BIG advantage Brady

If somehow the Broncos were to in the next 2 SBs & the Pats lost in the 1st round,

Brady would 18-9 with 3 rings in 5 SB games

P-Gump would be 15-11 with 3 rings in 4 SB games.

Then it gets debatable. Brady would have a better overall winning % but P-Gump would've gotten his 3 rings in 1 less game.

Bottom line, IF P-Gump can get 2 rings in 2 years, I can overlook all the one-and-done's, the epic choke against the Saints, etc. and consider him one of the overall all-time QB greats.... it worked for Elway. But till then, he is still far below & looking up at Montana & Brady.

So more Super Bowl rings = better QB?

Caught cheating? Yes.

Cherry picking stats can lead one to many ignorant evaluations.

Brady is a HOF QB. Easily. He is arguably top 5 of all time. To you he is slightly above average. Maybe your perceptions have been dulled by hatred or perhaps you once happened upon the cable guy.