The Jets Message board is hilarious right now

Considering the number of "Manuel is a bust" comments I saw, I can't really judge them too harshly. But man, Geno did look dreadful out there yesterday. His play really took a dive the last two weeks, and I'm curious if he can't throw in really windy weather. He was atrocious against the Bills when it was warm but gusting and the Ravens had a lot of wind as well.

If so, playing in MetLife Stadium is not going to be easy for him two months out of the year.

The Jets board is always hilarious. Tied with Philly for the worst, most negative, fire-everybody-cuz-we-suck fans of all time.

The typical mentality of northeast coast sports fans is the exact opposite of how I think genuine fans should be.

I still can't belive a player would willingly play for a team like NY or Philly. And you thought WE hated on Jason Peters or Maybin, you should've seen what their fans had to say.....

You know, the more I read, the more I'm seeing this board from the same time last year:

Fitz=Geno ("I can't believe we paid that money/took that draft pick for him")

Chan=Red ("Our QB isn't good, but they are giving him a pedestrian offense to run that isn't helping")

Stevie=Holmes and TJ=Hill ("We have one, pretty good non-elite WR who is playing injured and there is no way the guy we just drafted is an NFL WR)

Buddy=Izdik ("I know we want a new quarterback, but we have so many holes, where do we start? Who made all these picks?" Fire the GM!")

Just sayin'

And now we see why character is so important at the QB position. Very few QBs go through their first few seasons without significant growing pains. Guys with high character can gut it out and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Guys who are "me" guys start throwing people under the bus the moment things go wrong or let the pressure get to them and it compounds their problems.

I'll give Geno credit, so far he's handling things much better than I thought he would in terms of taking the blame on his shoulders. Granted, his declining play tells me he's letting the pressure start to get to him and I can't say I blame him - that market is brutal. Going to the Jets was probably the worst possible scenario for him.

And now we see why character is so important at the QB position. Very few QBs go through their first few seasons without significant growing pains. Guys with high character can gut it out and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Guys who are "me" guys start throwing people under the bus the moment things go wrong or let the pressure get to them and it compounds their problems.

I'll give Geno credit, so far he's handling things much better than I thought he would in terms of taking the blame on his shoulders. Granted, his declining play tells me he's letting the pressure start to get to him and I can't say I blame him - that market is brutal. Going to the Jets was probably the worst possible scenario for him.

It's funny you say this and yet there are fans ready to get rid of a young Qb the first time they struggle. I don't know how you can't be really impressed that EJ could improve so much against a Jets team that completely befuddled him the first time. That's a great sign of the character you talked about.

As for Geno, in fairness, he might have a bottom 5 receving core right now. As much love as Nelson gets here, it's not a good sign if he's your starting wr. That said, he looks overwhelmed. And Jets' fans are the worst.

http://forums.thegan...ead.php?t=78636

The official Geno thread ^

The last 10 pages are just great, great material. Enjoy :beer:

Great stuff! Our boards are tame compared to the threats, name calling etc etc there. Great laugh to start the work day! (hope big brother isn't watching)

Wading through that thread I found this and I agree 100%

I think the shot gun formation is terrible for creating pocket awareness. When you're standing up and people are coming at you your natural movement is back. When you take the ball under center and back up you have to plant and step up to throw. The step back and forward is a much more natural position to throw from and it pushes you forward into the pocket naturally.

You see more and more QB's backing out of the pocket from the shot gun every year. Geno needs to be trained to step up and throw. Taking the ball from the center on more snaps is likely to help him. It also forces the QB to get rid of the ball. Backing up makes you hold the ball longer.

I like that quote. Passing from the shotgun, you will get a plant and throw type of pass, you either need a very simplified offense or a very good QB to be effective with it. Put a rookie all the time in that formation and they will get rattled eventually.

It's funny you say this and yet there are fans ready to get rid of a young Qb the first time they struggle. I don't know how you can't be really impressed that EJ could improve so much against a Jets team that completely befuddled him the first time. That's a great sign of the character you talked about.

As for Geno, in fairness, he might have a bottom 5 receving core right now. As much love as Nelson gets here, it's not a good sign if he's your starting wr. That said, he looks overwhelmed. And Jets' fans are the worst.

Oh, I'm impressed with EJ's character. While me might sometimes let the pressure in the game get to him I've yet to see him carry it over to the following week or linger in his dealings with the media. Those are all good signs.

The guy has all the character traits you want in a QB and a leader. He has pretty much all they physical attributes you want in a QB. I think the only thing we don't know is how "football smart" he is. Given enough time to get comfortable in a system will he be a guy who can quickly break things down and know where to go with the ball? What I do know is that if he's as hard of a worker as we've been told he'll at least be a serviceable QB. If he's football smart he could be a star.

http://forums.thegan...ead.php?t=78636

The official Geno thread ^

The last 10 pages are just great, great material. Enjoy :beer:

Not bad.

For those viewing that thread, I recommend starting on page 308.

EDIT - http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=78636&page=308

Edited by Just Jack
Added direct link to page 308

Great stuff! Our boards are tame compared to the threats, name calling etc etc there. Great laugh to start the work day! (hope big brother isn't watching)

Tame?

More like barbie dolls and play houses. Or the 4 nerds that play chess on friday night then go "play" with themselves when the fun night of chess is over. Lol.

This site is rated G. But not for general audience. What rhymes with irls and starts with a G?? Ha ha ha.

Probably the same character as Marshawn Lynch.

His name is Beast Mode. Marshawn Lynch is his nickname.

We need and needed Beast Mode. It always gets me upset that we let him go. It was not the right thing to do.

Jets fans should be angry

It really sucks when you have a quality team, or at least for Jets have a very good defense, being wasted because your QB is garbage. It's a hopeless situation to be in, can't draft a top QB, only hope is to try getting lucky reaching for a guy like Sanchez. Bills fans should sympathize...

I wouldn't be happy either. They're wasting an elite defense.

Their defense isn't elite if Marquise Goodwin can make them look silly... their secondary still has problems.

This is RICH:

Idzik was spotted a few weeks ago at an Oregon Ducks game and the speculation was that he was scouting Mariotta.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA :oops:

Their defense isn't elite if Marquise Goodwin can make them look silly... their secondary still has problems.

They've beaten both New Orleans AND New England (and lost the game in Foxboro by a FG despite only giving up 13 points). One play against a world class speed guy doesn't change how good they are. They're giving up less than 73 YPG rushing with a 2.9 average.

Put a decent offense on the field that doesn't lead the NFL in turnovers...

They've beaten both New Orleans AND New England (and lost the game in Foxboro by a FG despite only giving up 13 points). One play against a world class speed guy doesn't change how good they are. They're giving up less than 73 YPG rushing with a 2.9 average.

Put a decent offense on the field that doesn't lead the NFL in turnovers...

They should have traded for Shaun Hill and they would be 7-4 or better.

To be honest, if Manuel was putting up the kind of stats and performances that Smith is right now I think that this board would be a lot more vitriolic. Fortunately, that's not the case.

It was pretty bad after the Steleers game.

Not usually for QB's.

come on Doc

I can name a few off the cuff

RGIII, Cam Newton, Luck, Tannehill, Dalton, some say Russel, Kap (2nd season as a starter)

here's a related article on bleacherreport that the admins do not allow links to,

-what-really-causes-sophomore-slumps-among-nfl-quarterbacks

https://www.google.com/#q=qb%20sophomore%20slump