What would everybody think about us signing Brian Orakpo in the offsea

bufffan031

I know this season isn't over yet but I was looking through some of the free agents for next season and I came across Brian Orakpo. I think he would be a nice addition on the other side of Mario and he shouldn't be too much to sign.

Edited by bufffan031

I know this season isn't over yet but I was looking through some of the free agents for next season and I came across Brian Orakpo. I think he would be a nice addition on the other side of Mario and he shouldn't be too much to sign.

A two time Pro Bowler and one time pro bowl alternate wouldn't be too much to sign?

His words are hurtful. He might be a bully.

a little anxious aren't we ? : )

i like the 26cornerblitzes idea best though to resolve the position opposite Lawson

should it be phrased mirroring ? Complementing ? In parallel conjunction ?

Lawson Alonso Mack has a nice ring to it as a starting group.

But i do not think they will spend much money at all on the position or draft high for one .

Edited by 3rdand12

They don't have the cap space for a splash signing next year

I REALLY hate saying this, but we should have had him in the first place. When our pick came up, and Orakpo was available, I lost my mind with excitement. When we picked Maybin, I lost my mind with disgust.

Yes many of us felt that way. It seemed so obvious at the time. I was like "How can you write down Orakpo so badly that you misspell it and it comes out as Maybin." When Glenn was still available in the 2nd round a few years ago, I was so excited but worried they would somehow misspell his name too, luckily they didn't, LOL.

Edited by simpleman

In DC on the talk radio I don't get the feeling the fans are two anxious to resign him.

He has missed a lot of games and at this point his reputation seems to be more dominant than his play.

I still would like to resign Lawson then sign Orakpp for a decent amount.

Williams brothers, Dareus and hopefully a health it Carrington or resign Branch. With Lawson Kiko and Orakpo at LB. That's a freaking scary front 7.

Then if Gilmore develops even more with McKelvin and Aaron Williams at Safety. That's a nice secondary.

On paper that is a beast defense.

You don't go to the free agent market to right your draft wrongs.

Mario Williams may have been an exception in that we really needed a FA to signal that the team was changing (as did Denver with Manning).

Orakpo is a nice player but borderline elite, not elite. You don't break your bank for him because it's going to cost you in other areas. You hope to find the next one of him in the draft. As someone else noted before, bringing in two more guys with the status of Lawson and Branch for the defense (not necessarily at their positions, but maybe to replace / augment Moats) would be great.

It helps when you don't pick guys who aren't built for the NFL at receiver or rush lineman/LB positions.