Khalil Mack watch

PromoTheRobot

UB's next 4 games (5 if they make the MAC championship) will be televised on one of the ESPN networks (2, U or 3). It's an opportunity to get familiar with LB Khalil Mack and see if the guy is a legit first rounder. (Imagine Mack along side Kiko!)

Tonight: vs Ohio, ESPN2 8pm

Tue 11/12: @ Toledo, ESPNU/3 7:30pm

Tue 11/19: @ Miami(OH), ESPN2/U 8pm

Fri 11/29: vs Bowling Green, ESPNU/3 1:30pm.

A list of UB and NCAA records Mack could break this year.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills need that Carolina TE in the first. Just like QB, Buffalo has neglected this position for far too long. The offense needs to step it up big time next year and that is the position that will do it.

Absolutely - I would go TE (if their is a 1st round talent on the board), G, WR(a big tall one), DB

I love the way he plays, and would love to have him on our team. It will be interesting to see where we draft and what our top needs will be come draft day, but Mack could be in the mix.

By the way, that article was brutal.

I don't think Bills can justify taking an LB that high based on other needs. As a Buckeye fan I watched him destroy our very good OL anbd outrun two 4.3 guys on a pick 6 in week one so I am sold, but think he'll be gone by the time LB is addressed.

I agree. I'd like them to get Mack, i think that would awesome but they won't take a LB in round 1.

If not Mack, I'd like to see Buffalo grab Oliver or maybe Neutz at some point. It would be great to see one of these NFL talents stay in the area.

I think the Bills need that Carolina TE in the first. Just like QB, Buffalo has neglected this position for far too long. The offense needs to step it up big time next year and that is the position that will do it.

If they go tight end, it better be Jace Amaro from Texas Tech. Jimmy Graham-clone.

Edit: Apologies Beerball, didn't see you mention Amaro earlier. Agreed, though!

Edited by Lt. Dan's Revenge

i´d rate TE a bigger need than LB, but any way you take the BPA. so if it happens to be mack when we pick i´m delighted. it it is a premier TE, too. even if we can get a hand on a bookend OT. heck, even a future HOF OG :D

though we might pick a little high for OG :/

I take an OLB over a TE in my sleep in the 1st round.

good TE's can be found later in the draft. Its harder to get a top notch OLB later in the draft.

If they go tight end, it better be Jace Amaro from Texas Tech. Jimmy Graham-clone.

TTU used to be my stomping grounds. From the Red Raider games I've seen this year, Amaro sporadically tends to have the case of the dropsies. He'll make a tough catch and then drop an easy one. Can't remember the game (KSU?), but I remember him dropping THREE straight passes on ONE drive! If the inconsistency continues on the NFL level, don't be surprised if he never fulfills his potential.

I agree. I'd like them to get Mack, i think that would awesome but they won't take a LB in round 1.

If not Mack, I'd like to see Buffalo grab Oliver or maybe Neutz at some point. It would be great to see one of these NFL talents stay in the area.

I think Oliver would be a great fit with the Bills. Good compliment for Spiller and can learn from/eventually replace skilled but aging Fred.

I take an OLB over a TE in my sleep in the 1st round.

good TE's can be found later in the draft. Its harder to get a top notch OLB later in the draft.

Absolutely. Right now Bradham/Moats is a much larger liability than Chandler, IMHO.

i like sefarian jenkins out of UW more than the carolina TE but i think we could use another LB mack would be awesome but i think they'd look at CJ mosley first. little bit more versatile can go inside to play with kiko and bump out to lob too. but if i have a choice id like mack in the first and a TE or a guard in the second

Mack is a beast and I think he'd fit in perfectly. Hughes is a FA. He and kiko would be a great combo. That being said, I think he'll be gone by the time we pick. I'm thinking 12-16 I'd also be happy with mike evans, WR Texas A&M. 6'5 225, sticky hands and 4.45ish speed. If we went the route of a TE, I'd be on board. Sefarian-Jenkins is a specimen.

Edited by NewEra

Another point of view would be not which TE can we get, but who can we grab to neutralize opposing TEs. That seems to be more of a problem for us rather than giving EJ another receiver (when it seems he has plenty and Woods should be a stud next season).

It's a problem for everybody given the NFL rules in the passing game. That's why the TE is such a big weapon if you can find a guy, and the Bills are late to the party. Most DB's can't cover 6'7" basketball players. At least not one on one, those guys don't exist in NFL defenses. We need a TE way more than another db. You just can't cover 'em

Whats everyone saying about drafting the UB running back in one of the later rounds? Guy looks like a stud.

Oliver is being projected as a 4-7 rounder. A couple more nights like this on national TV and he'll climb. And yes these MAC refs are the worst. A bunch of Mr. Maqoos.

FYI: after 3Q Oliver is 28/187 2 TDs

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

30-3 beatdown. UB has been smoking some bad teams this year but Ohio is supposed to be a good MAC team. Maybe the refs calls have them down but they look like crap tonight. Is Buffalo that good?

PTR

Considering that their only two losses came against the fourth and fifth ranked teams in the nation, I think they are pretty good

i´d rate TE a bigger need than LB, but any way you take the BPA. so if it happens to be mack when we pick i´m delighted. it it is a premier TE, too. even if we can get a hand on a bookend OT. heck, even a future HOF OG :D

though we might pick a little high for OG :/

I agree with the BPA although I do think some positions have more value than others. I think with linebackers if you get one with great pass rushing ability that guy is a game changer. I do think that Mack might fit that description. I agree that TE is very high on the needs list and would really help this team to put two viable TE's on the field at the same time. On this team the TE's need to block because Spiller is often a block away from putting 6 on the board. The offensive line need is great as well.

TTU used to be my stomping grounds. From the Red Raider games I've seen this year, Amaro sporadically tends to have the case of the dropsies. He'll make a tough catch and then drop an easy one. Can't remember the game (KSU?), but I remember him dropping THREE straight passes on ONE drive! If the inconsistency continues on the NFL level, don't be surprised if he never fulfills his potential.

Saw him earlier vs. OU plus many games on TV (son went to TT, daughter graduating from OU). Very impressive in person but they tend to forget about him for long stretches of a game. I very much like what I saw in person. (sorry for the hijack PTR)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.