Khalil Mack watch

PromoTheRobot

I think next year will be about adding a couple mid tier vet free agents - and then straight bpa draft. If that means creating a great receiving corp, or stacking our pass rush, or a secondary that will shut people down or a line that'll help us walk up and down the field...... A couple vets to fill holes and then we find out what the football gods give our team as an identity.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said plenty of times, with as much as EJ likes to check it down he would thrive with a game changing tight end. That's why I think tight end is the biggest need. It could change the dynamic of our offense. However Khalil Mack would be a great addition especially if we could pick up Orakpo in free agency. Having him on the other side of Mario with Dareus and Kyle in the middle and Lawson, Kiko and Mack at linebacker would be a nasty front seven

Edited by bufffan031

UB's next 4 games (5 if they make the MAC championship) will be televised on one of the ESPN networks (2, U or 3). It's an opportunity to get familiar with LB Khalil Mack and see if the guy is a legit first rounder. (Imagine Mack along side Kiko!)

Tonight: vs Ohio, ESPN2 8pm

Tue 11/12: @ Toledo, ESPNU/3 7:30pm

Tue 11/19: @ Miami(OH), ESPN2/U 8pm

Fri 11/29: vs Bowling Green, ESPNU/3 1:30pm.

A list of UB and NCAA records Mack could break this year.

PTR

About time

Jace Amaro

I think you are starting to like me :D

I like Mac a lot but we could also grab shayne skov or Michael sams later on to try and pick up a bigger need in the first.

Skov is a stud would be a great fit for us

Eric Ebron from North Carolina is the TE who would make this offense complete, besides 2 more linemen lol

I heard incognito will be available ;)

Another point of view would be not which TE can we get, but who can we grab to neutralize opposing TEs. That seems to be more of a problem for us rather than giving EJ another receiver (when it seems he has plenty and Woods should be a stud next season).

um Kiko

Another point of view would be not which TE can we get, but who can we grab to neutralize opposing TEs. That seems to be more of a problem for us rather than giving EJ another receiver (when it seems he has plenty and Woods should be a stud next season).

The Bills actually statistically are one of the top teams at shutting down TEs in 2013. Other than Jimmy Graham. Who is a freak. The Bills have held opposing TEs to pretty quite stat lines this year.

The Bills actually statistically are one of the top teams at shutting down TEs in 2013. Other than Jimmy Graham. Who is a freak. The Bills have held opposing TEs to pretty quite stat lines this year.

I suppose. The Saints game just left a horrible stain on my mind.

Eric Ebron from North Carolina is the TE who would make this offense complete, besides 2 more linemen lol

Ebron is an absolute beast. Anyone who doesn't know about him should go find some highlights or watch UNC the rest of the year. Even though their best passing QB (Renner) is now out for the season after injuring his shoulder last Saturday, Ebron will still be a primary target. He just abuses people. Already broke his own Carolina season record for catches, and there are four games to go!

Great win for UB last night -- and they're on ESPNU again next Tuesday. Hopefully this exposure leads to some recruiting gains.

UB is just mauling teams right now...very fun team to watch with some good talent...

Killed Ohio last night 30-3, in what was supposed to have been an evenly matched game...

In their last six games they have outscored opponents 218-53, including twice where they held their opponents to 3 points and one shutout. They have also score 30+ points in every game, including 40+ three times...

Khalil Mack is simply unblockable, even when they are triple teaming him he is still making plays...

UB is just mauling teams right now...very fun team to watch with some good talent...

Killed Ohio last night 30-3, in what was supposed to have been an evenly matched game...

In their last six games they have outscored opponents 218-53, including twice where they held their opponents to 3 points and one shutout. They have also score 30+ points in every game, including 40+ three times...

Khalil Mack is simply unblockable, even when they are triple teaming him he is still making plays...

As much as Mack is the star of UB last night was the B O Show. Brandon Oliver embarrassed Ohio's defense. 35/259/2 TDs. That might have been his best game yet. The guy got injured a lot in his career. But he looks amazing healthy.

PTR

As much as Mack is the star of UB last night was the B O Show. Brandon Oliver embarrassed Ohio's defense. 35/259/2 TDs. That might have been his best game yet. The guy got injured a lot in his career. But he looks amazing healthy.

PTR

This is why patience is sometimes needed, especially in college. I thought Quinn was an awful coach but it takes time to get your recruits into the program. I gotta admit I was very wrong on Quinn. I love the new uniforms and I kinda get the whole New York thing on them (trying to make UB the state university of NY is probably a decent idea). He is building the foundation of a big time program (though the fans aren't there yet). It's pretty exciting.

Along with Mack, I definitely see oliver and Neutz at the very least being in a NFL camp. All Neutz does is get open and catch touchdowns. UB is 7-2 with their only 2 losses against undefeated top 5 teams. Wow. Maybe the Bills can actually make hte playoffs one of these years.

If the season ended today we would pick 9. Mack would most definitely still be available. A game changing TE would be preferred but are there any out there worthy of a top 10 pick? That would be pretty rare

This is the year for us to draft TE, but I agree that top10 is too early. Maybe we can trade down again and pick up an other extra second rounder. Come to think of it, I would do that every year.

Friday November 29th UB vrs Bowling Green will likely decide the MAC East. Bowling green also has an excellent team and beat Miami by 40 pts this week. November 29th Rich Stadium a 1:30 start. Tickets are dirt cheap bring the whole family. This is an opportunity to show the Nation that Buffalo can be a big time college football town.

just a question..would you rather have Mack next to Kiko or would you rather have a wr corp of Mike Evans, Woods, S.Johnson and M. Goodwin?

I would like your WR corp, but I'm not sure the TE you have slips to the second round. There are some great D players coming out in the draft this year. Also, how is Lee from USC doing? He could be good reunited with Woods.

This is why patience is sometimes needed, especially in college. I thought Quinn was an awful coach but it takes time to get your recruits into the program. I gotta admit I was very wrong on Quinn. I love the new uniforms and I kinda get the whole New York thing on them (trying to make UB the state university of NY is probably a decent idea). He is building the foundation of a big time program (though the fans aren't there yet). It's pretty exciting.

Along with Mack, I definitely see oliver and Neutz at the very least being in a NFL camp. All Neutz does is get open and catch touchdowns. UB is 7-2 with their only 2 losses against undefeated top 5 teams. Wow. Maybe the Bills can actually make hte playoffs one of these years.

Their wins aren't against good teams, though.

You are what your record says. They beat all the teams on their schedule (Ohio was 6-2) and lost to 2 top 5 teams. Why not just give them credit for a great start?

It's hard to qualify it as a "great start" when you lose 70-13.

I suppose. The Saints game just left a horrible stain on my mind.

Yeah But Jimmy Graham is going to be categorized as a WR when he hits FA. When it comes to his franchise tag designation.

He breaks the mold and the put him all over the field.

As opposed to Gronk who the Pats put out wide now and again but he does block as a TE and run traditional TE routes more exclusively. He is just a beast when healthy.

I think Fantasy Football stats are relevant for this point, The Bills Defense is the 6th best in the league in defending TEs from getting yards and TD (which is what Fantasy Football points measure.)

Baylor is killing everyone they play and, imho, they are the best team in the country right now. UB (sorry, New York State University) did what great mid-majors are supposed to do: learn from their licking by the big boys and use that knowledge to come back and crush in their conference games.

So yeah, I classify what they've had as a great start.

I would like your WR corp, but I'm not sure the TE you have slips to the second round. There are some great D players coming out in the draft this year. Also, how is Lee from USC doing? He could be good reunited with Woods.

cbssports.com - nfldraftscout.com has Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Washington) rated 3rd best TE behind Eric Ebron (North Carolina) and Jace Amaro (Texas Tech)..if the NFL teams see it the same way he could slip to the 2nd..I can't see 3 TE's going in the 1st, but I could be wrong :)

Marqise Lee (USC) is also rated 3rd behind Sammy Watkins (Clemson) and Mike Evans (TA&M)...Marqise looks a bit small for the type of reciever I was looking for...Evans is 6' 5" 225# while Marqise is listed at just 6"0" 195#...with only 1 tenth of a second difference in the speed....I'de rather the Bills not take a wr if they don't take Evans...no other wr in this draft has that megatron size

Edited by Tsaikotic

cbssports.com - nfldraftscout.com has Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Washington) rated 3rd best TE behind Eric Ebron (North Carolina) and Jace Amaro (Texas Tech)..if the NFL teams see it the same way he could slip to the 2nd..I can't see 3 TE's going in the 1st, but I could be wrong :)

Marqise Lee (USC) is also rated 3rd behind Sammy Watkins (Clemson) and Mike Evans (TA&M)...Marqise looks a bit small for the type of reciever I was looking for...Evans is 6' 5" 225# while Marqise is listed at just 6"0" 195#...with only 1 tenth of a second difference in the speed....I'de rather the Bills not take a wr if they don't take Evans...no other wr in this draft has that megatron size

Evans is a monster. I've seen him torch Alabama and Auburn this year. Big kid that can run and has excellent body control. He reminds me of Michael Floyd, but is already a better route runner if you ask me.

I guess all of these teams should just forfeit and go home then.

Sat 8/31Wofford 69 - 3

Sat 9/7 Buffalo 70 - 13

Sat 9/21 LA Monroe 70 - 7

Sat 10/5 West Virginia 73 - 42

Sat 10/12 Kansas St. 35 - 25

Sat 10/19 Iowa St. 71 - 7

Sat 10/26 Kansas 59 - 14

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It was a non-conference game against one of the best teams in the country on the road in 95+ degree heat...

If you watch Baylor, you will get an idea of just what would happen when our offense can run at the pace it does now but produce prolific results...they run the same type of up-tempo snap the ball offense we do

Edited by matter2003

Baylor is killing everyone they play and, imho, they are the best team in the country right now. UB (sorry, New York State University) did what great mid-majors are supposed to do: learn from their licking by the big boys and use that knowledge to come back and crush in their conference games.

So yeah, I classify what they've had as a great start.

Baylor really has not played anybody this year. That will stop tonight when they host Oklahoma. They also play Oklahoma St & a surging Texas team before the year ends so we will know plenty more about Baylor in the next several weeks.

As far as UB, NY33, they are pretty good. IMO this is the best team they have ever had. They are fringe top 25 & should start receiving some votes. The whole season pretty much comes down to the Bowling Green game. Win that & they will most likely play a Northern Illinois team that has gone 19-2 in the last 2 seasons & features Jordan Lynch, who is a terrific QB. Exciting times indeed for UB.

Edited by Gordio

Already mock drafts??

http://www.chicagonow.com/daily-chicago-sports-tab/2013/11/2014-nfl-mock-draft-week-nine-2-round-edition/#image/7

This guy has Mack to the Giants @ #8. He has the Bills @ #7 taking an OT. :blink: We are NOT taking an OT @ 7.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

These guys have Mack to the Falcons @ 7. The Bills @ 8 taking either an OT (no) or a LB (more likely).

PTR

Baylor really has not played anybody this year. That will stop tonight when they host Oklahoma. They also play Oklahoma St & a surging Texas team before the year ends so we will know plenty more about Baylor in the next several weeks.

As far as UB, NY33, they are pretty good. IMO this is the best team they have ever had. They are fringe top 25 & should start receiving some votes. The whole season pretty much comes down to the Bowling Green game. Win that & they will most likely play a Northern Illinois team that has gone 19-2 in the last 2 seasons & features Jordan Lynch, who is a terrific QB. Exciting times indeed for UB.

Yeah, Baylor just whooped Oklahoma's ass

Yeah, Baylor just whooped Oklahoma's ass

That they did. Baylor answered a lot of questions last night, playing a team with considerable talent and strong in the trenches. I thought for certain Oklahoma would give them a battle and that it would be a one-score game. Boy, was I wrong.

Baylor deserves to be in "the conversation" at this point, along with Bama, FSU, OSU, and Stanford.

• 3 weeks later...

Looked at the other names and he has some tough competition, but it would be great for him (and UB recruiting) to win that award. I am a Buckeye fan and do think he is a better LB than Shazier and will be a better NFL prospect as well, IMO. The other guys are all studs as well. Go Kahlil!

Agreed but my counter would be those other guys play behind future NFL draft picks on their d line which makes their jobs easier. I have doubts any of the Bulls' d line will be playing on Sundays. Also, Mack was a beast against Ohio State.

Agreed but my counter would be those other guys play behind future NFL draft picks on their d line which makes their jobs easier. I have doubts any of the Bulls' d line will be playing on Sundays. Also, Mack was a beast against Ohio State.

Really good point and btw OSU's OL is really good this year and could not block him. It was their 1st game, and no doubt they have improved since then, but it was also their worst game and it was because of him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.