Well, kinda glad we passed on Freeman...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the worst displays of quarterbacking I've ever seen. I knew he would look bad - two weeks is not enough in a new system - but the Vikings would have been much better off with Cassel.

That was beyond bad. He even made Eli look good last night. At one point in the 3rd quarter, I heard Tirico literally say, "So far this quarter, both teams are just bad."

Edited by LABillzFan

Glad to have Thad instead of Freeman. Thad knows the system and there's less national attention around him to turn this into a "controversy" when EJ returns.

Plus...how can you not root for a guy like Thad?

That was unwatchable.

It was almost comical how his throws weren't even close to receivers and the announcers were getting tired of it too...

That has nothing to do with learning the system, timing, etc...those were simply terrible and inaccurate throws, many times to players who were wide open...

This is why our front office is underrated now and why we went with Thad

Freeman might be more talented......but Thad fits our system better and has been here running our offense on the practice squad.

I for one wanted Freeman to choose BUF in the worst way, but after watching that, it's apparent that he wouldn't help our immediate need much. Even a couple weeks is not nearly enough to learn the nuances of an NFL offense. Contrary to some opinions in this thread, last night had EVERYTHING to do with timing and knowing the system. From the depth of Freeman's drops, to the depth of the WR's cuts etc, and just the fact they only ran a handful of plays, some of them 4 or more times. That won't work in the NFL, and the Giants just stacked the box to take away AP and force Freeman to pass. Thad being in our offense since August, even if just running the scout team in practice, meant he was much more ready for immediate service than a guy off the street. Freeman is more talented, yes, but wouldn't have helped our cause right now. I'd still like to have him long term in case EJM is not the franchise guy, probably what they were after JF for.

I think most of the pundits this AM got it about right concerning Freeman /Frazier last night...And despite the fact that Freeman did not help himself much, it's pretty obvious the blame is squarely on Frazier for putting him in that position...It was reported this AM that the decision to start Freeman was 100% Frazier's...At the absolute very least...well...Let's say Freeman looked awesome in practice and fooled Frazier...At the very least Frazier should have realized by halftime he made a huge mistake rushing Freeman in, and should have put Ponder in the game while it was still winnable...I really believe Frazier lost a good portion of that locker room last night...I really do...He was basically a lame duck anyway...Last night sealed Frazier's fate...And I'm not surprised at all because I think the guy is a joke of a HC... B-)

I think most of the pundits this AM got it about right concerning Freeman /Frazier last night...And despite the fact that Freeman did not help himself much, it's pretty obvious the blame is squarely on Frazier for putting him in that position...It was reported this AM that the decision to start Freeman was 100% Frazier's...At the absolute very least...well...Let's say Freeman looked awesome in practice and fooled Frazier...At the very least Frazier should have realized by halftime he made a huge mistake rushing Freeman in, and should have put Ponder in the game while it was still winnable...I really believe Frazier lost a good portion of that locker room last night...I really do...He was basically a lame duck anyway...Last night sealed Frazier's fate...And I'm not surprised at all because I think the guy is a joke of a HC... B-)

Could very well be it was a GM decision and Frazier was trying to make a point by leaving Freeman in. My understanding of the situation is that Frazier was against the acquisition of Freeman to begin with.

The guy went to the playoffs last year starting Christian Ponder. That's good coaching.

That's how bad Ponder sucks. They'd rather start a guy who's been there a week. It's also why the Bills went with Lewis. It's so hard to come in and learn an offense 7 weeks into the season. Still long term, Freeman is a better QB than Ponder. But last night was one of the worst football games I kinda watched.

He went where he had the least competition. Here he'd just have been a placeholder for a few weeks for EJ. If there were any hard feelings that performance should wipe them away.

in theory it shouldve been a much better spot for him. less pressure to play NOW and look like he did lastnight, and wide open in the long term.

essentially the opposite of us. he shouldve had time to get up to speed and take the job instead of running out there unprepared to embarrass himself.

Could very well be it was a GM decision and Frazier was trying to make a point by leaving Freeman in. My understanding of the situation is that Frazier was against the acquisition of Freeman to begin with.

cris carter was implying this very idea on mike and mike this morning.

You are obviously not very familiar with the full history of Buffalo Bills' Quarterbacking. Dufek, Holbert, Marangi, Johnson, Losman Edwards, et al.

That was a Marangi-esque display last night. Losman was never that bad.

That 6-3 cleveland game was farrrrrr worse. Trust me I was there.

I don't remember anything about that game. I just remember pain.

FYI, over the last 11 games, Freeman is 214 for 432 for 2,560 yds with 11 TDs and 16 INTs for a completion percentage of 49.5% and QB Rating of 61.2

Those are some God Awful numbers, worse than most rookies..not just one game, he has been pretty much awful for the last 3/4 of a season's worth of games he has played in...

FYI, over the last 11 games, Freeman is 214 for 432 for 2,560 yds with 11 TDs and 16 INTs for a completion percentage of 49.5% and QB Rating of 61.2

Those are some God Awful numbers, worse than most rookies..not just one game, he has been pretty much awful for the last 3/4 of a season's worth of games he has played in...

What a precipitous drop. And TB might not be a hotbed of talent, but he still had Vincent Jackson.

That was one of the worst displays of quarterbacking I've ever seen. I knew he would look bad - two weeks is not enough in a new system - but the Vikings would have been much better off with Cassel.

Freeman has years of experience and a 10 win season behind him. The Vikings could have simplified the offense more, and just run the ball.

53 attempts for Freeman tells me the Vikings gave up on the run way to soon, along with only 13 carries for the best offensive player on that team. What, the Vikings don't have another RB besides AD in case the defense is stacking the box like they do with Buffalo & Spiller?

Lots of Bills fans complaining about Bills OC Nate Hackett. Let me tell ya, he is way better then Vikings OC, as Bill Musgrave really sucks!!

Freeman has years of experience and a 10 win season behind him. The Vikings could have simplified the offense more, and just run the ball.

53 attempts for Freeman tells me the Vikings gave up on the run way to soon, along with only 13 carries for the best offensive player on that team. What, the Vikings don't have another RB besides AD in case the defense is stacking the box like they do with Buffalo & Spiller?

Lots of Bills fans complaining about Bills OC Nate Hackett. Let me tell ya, he is way better then Vikings OC, as Bill Musgrave really sucks!!

What's the excuse for his 10 games before this one?

At least in that game the 2 qb's could argue there were 8 inches of snow on the ground, high winds and the football was wet. :)

Nooo, that game was in early October and it was dry and like 50 degrees. Derek Anderson completed 2 passes the entire game. 2 passes for 23 yards. And won.

No offense but I don't get this love for Freeman. He had a 10 win season 3 years ago! Since then he's:

Thrown 45 TDs to 44 INTs

Had a 56% completion percentage average

Had a 33.7 QBR average

And because you said HE has had a 10 win season and not the team, since then HE has been 11-25 as the starter.

I just don't see anything that leads me to believe he will become anything other than a backup QB

You are obviously not very familiar with the full history of Buffalo Bills' Quarterbacking. Dufek, Holbert, Marangi, Johnson, Losman Edwards, et al.

My days as a fan don't go far enough back for Dufek and Marangi. But Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman, and Trent Edwards were much better quarterbacks than what we saw from Freeman! :angry: Even Billy Joe Hobart played at a higher level than what we saw from Freeman.

No offense but I don't get this love for Freeman. He had a 10 win season 3 years ago! Since then he's:

Thrown 45 TDs to 44 INTs

Had a 56% completion percentage average

Had a 33.7 QBR average

And because you said HE has had a 10 win season and not the team, since then HE has been 11-25 as the starter.

I just don't see anything that leads me to believe he will become anything other than a backup QB

W-L is a team stat. Alex Smith is hardly the main reason the Chiefs are 7-0. And Freeman threw for 4,000 yards and 27 tds last year. He's 25. He's been with the Vikes for 10 days.

There's a chance he never going to get it back. but there's still plenty to like and he has way more upside than Ponder.