Well, kinda glad we passed on Freeman...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vikings made a fatal mistake starting Freeman before he was ready.

Yep, if he doesn't improve drastically (maybe he will) they need to start completely over either in FA or the draft on a QB. Looks like Cutler will be avail from a vet standpoint, not sure who else. They'll probably go draft. They have clearly given up on Ponder, he'll prob get cut and be picked up as a backup somewhere.

Teams will be wheeling and dealing to move up in this next draft to get a QB. Like the mega deal to take RG3. I sure hope we are set with EJ and Thaddeus.

I like some of the QBs in this draft, but saw someone compare it to 1983 and I think that is extreme. I think the best 2 are Mariotta (sp) and Hundley. Not impressed with Boyd and I think Manziel will regress at the next level. Bridgewater is a nice player but a bit small and would like to see him against a top college team before making him #1 overall. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

That 6-3 cleveland game was farrrrrr worse. Trust me I was there.

I was there too - the backward punt, muffed returns - yuk but mostly just 3 and outs. But the game last night was 15 yard overthrows, nobody knew where to go, bad penalities, ugly turnovers. It was like watching both teams practice for the first time as a unit. Both were terrible no doubt.

I was there too - the backward punt, muffed returns - yuk but mostly just 3 and outs. But the game last night was 15 yard overthrows, nobody knew where to go, bad penalities, ugly turnovers. It was like watching both teams practice for the first time as a unit. Both were terrible no doubt.

It was like watching the teams' final preseason game, with all the scrubs playing.

The Vikings made a fatal mistake starting Freeman before he was ready.

There was a lot of talk about this on NFLN last night - "Freeman was only with the team for 12 days and wasn't ready to play!" "QBs that come into totally new systems never do well!"

They failed to mention that the Bills picked up Thad at the same time and started him a week before Freeman.

There was also talk of Freeman's fatal flaw - his lack of accuracy.

Glad we passed and took a flyer on Thad!!

Freeman was slated to start this Sunday against GB, but has a concussion. MIN may have to turn to Ponder to start. Can you say disarray?

Seems like a convenient way to give Freeman more time to get prepared without saying he is being replaced. We heard nothing about this injury until today. He looked awful and starting Ponder vs. Green Bay could not be any worse for the Vikes.

There was a lot of talk about this on NFLN last night - "Freeman was only with the team for 12 days and wasn't ready to play!" "QBs that come into totally new systems never do well!"

They failed to mention that the Bills picked up Thad at the same time and started him a week before Freeman.

There was also talk of Freeman's fatal flaw - his lack of accuracy.

Glad we passed and took a flyer on Thad!!

We picked up Thad during the preseason. He was on our PS and sat in the booth with Hackett prior to getting the call.

what was Minn thinking of doing playing him?!?! And um, I think the best RB in the NFL is on your team. Use him, don't throw the ball 50 times with a QB who is new to the system.

Seems like a convenient way to give Freeman more time to get prepared without saying he is being replaced. We heard nothing about this injury until today. He looked awful and starting Ponder vs. Green Bay could not be any worse for the Vikes.

I think Ponder is better than Freeman at this point. It does sound like an excuse to not go with Freeman if he can't learn the offense in time. On the other hand, one that Fraizer should have thought about before sticking him in. Vikes would have been better with Ponder throwing the ball 20X, AP running 25 times. On a related note, glad we didn't get Frazier as our HC either.

I don't think Marrone would have thrown Freeman into the fire like Frazier did --- Frazier should be fired

Frazier may be fired after this year. Great D coordinator, terrible HC. May be the next Dick LeBeau.