Pat White not signed at this time

FluffHead

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a feeling they would. He murdered us in preseason. I got my hopes up with all of the Freeman rumors but Pat White was the right choice for us for a few games. Less drama. Hopefully EJ can be back sooner than later

No surprise

Pat White is not the answer.He has done nothing in the NFL. I would have preferred them to have signed Dixon or Leftwich. They have at least played in the NFL. Also, where is Jason Campbell ?

This really sucks.

Just threw up in my mouth a little. You know, Tuel has thrown more passes in the regular season than Pat White. White hasn't made an NFL roster since 2009. Wonder why nobody picked him up after the Redskins cut him? We have no passing game. Going to be a long October.

Just threw up in my mouth a little. You know, Tuel has thrown more passes in the regular season than Pat White. White hasn't made an NFL roster since 2009. Wonder why nobody picked him up after the Redskins cut him? We have no passing game. Going to be a long October.

On the brightside, he's been in more systems and practices and... Generally had more football experience. He's likely not starting Sunday, but if tuel flops in horrific fashion he may have a limited playbook in 2 weeks. If tuel is atleast ok it's atleast another warm body. We'd struggle to run practice without a signing tonight and we were unlikely to do noticeably better today.

My guess is Tuel starts Sunday, plays terribly, White plays next 2 games, plays terribly, EJ comes back and gets hurt again, I cry and wish I grew up rooting for another team

this will happen. Except EJ won't be injured again. Something tells me he's gonna learn of his awareness from this a bit.

Just hoping we steal a game in there somewhere.

Edited by mrags

My guess is Tuel starts Sunday, plays terribly, White plays next 2 games, plays terribly, EJ comes back and gets hurt again, I cry and wish I grew up rooting for another team

Might even hear Thad's name in there if were really lucky

Why the hell did we have to cut Tarvaris?? We had a solid situation going into camp...our top pick, a FA project, and two veterans. The Kolb thing was impossible to see, but cutting Tarvaris was just dumb.

I actually like this signing. As a long-term solution, of course not. But for a few games, this guy's pretty exciting. We can run the read option with impunity knowing that if this guy gets hammered or concussed, he's just a street free agent we picked up.

I would rather watch PatWhite-ball than Fitz-ball or Tuel-ball or Kolb-ball. And frankly, until he improves, EJ-ball.

Pat White is not the answer.He has done nothing in the NFL. I would have preferred them to have signed Dixon or Leftwich. They have at least played in the NFL. Also, where is Jason Campbell ?

This really sucks.

Injured and just moved up to #2 (Well, technically staying at #2 since Hoyer was their #3 and jumped Campbell to start apparently) in Cleveland now that Hoyer is done

Dear I say it ... we should have kept Fitz.

With his noodle arm he would have fit in with Marrone's West Coast style offense and Hackett's hurry up.

Fitz was not coming back...

On the other hand the Bills resigned Tavaris Jackson for insurance to address situations just like the one they are in now, then cut him 4 months later...If you're looking for the mistake...It's the Jackson cut...Not Fitz and that ridiculous contract... B-)

I would rather watch PatWhite-ball than Fitz-ball or Tuel-ball or Kolb-ball. And frankly, until he improves, EJ-ball.

I kind of enjoyed watching Fitz on Sunday, especially that touchdown run and the way he threw the ball in the air in celebration.

Although what I liked most of all is that he wasn't wearing a Bills uniform.

This is a disaster. Tuel and White. Yikes. This is embarrassing. How are we going to win any games with this duo? One is an undrafted free agent rookie and the other could not make an NFL roster out of training camp. Someone in the front office should be fired for this because it is going to cost us four losses or more.

Edited by jahnyc

With his noodle arm he would have fit in with Marrone's West Coast style offense and Hackett's hurry up.

Deadspin screwed that up. I think that was the plan all along. Until Nix and Dominic got wire tapped.

In all reality Bills fans this is why teams have 3 active QBs. It was a gamble to go with 2 and it didn't pay off.

This is a disaster. Tuel and White. Yikes. This is embarrassing. How are we going to win any games with this duo? One is an undrafted free agent rookie and the other could not make an NFL roster out of training camp. Someone in the front office should be fired for this because it is going to cost us four losses or more.

White made the Redskins out of training camp.

It was either he makes the Redskins as their #3, behind RGIII and Cousins, or he becomes a FA. Redskins went with proven NFL experience over more "potential" and inexperience, that's why Grossman beat him out

Yeah but he made the team. He was waived the night before the Skins' week 2 game.

It was either he makes the Redskins as their #3, behind RGIII and Cousins, or he becomes a FA. Redskins went with proven NFL experience over more "potential" and inexperience, that's why Grossman beat him out

Plus Kyle Shanahan and Grossman are really tight.

this will happen. Except EJ won't be injured again. Something tells me he's gonna learn of his awareness from this a bit.

Just hoping we steal a game in there somewhere.

Hope you are right mrags... I am a little worried about 2 knee injuries (one on each knee?) in two months...even before he was hurt Thursday night, I was telling my buddy that I didn't think EJ looked comfortable running the ball...he is much more of a "lumberer" than I realized. Will admit, I saw very little of him in college, but I was under the impression he was a little more fleet footed than he appears to be.

Do the Titans need a safety? :w00t:

Just got a "fantasy football update" saying that the Titans are looking for another QB in case Fitz falters...going to kick the tires on JaMarcus Russell...just goes to show you how bad the QB market is. I don't know a hell of a lot about Pat White, other than that he seems to get cut by an NFL team every pre-season...but I also remember, just this last August, the prevailing feeling from NFL people was that Terrell Pryor had "no future" in the NFL, and he was being compared to Russell...I know it is early, but he has looked pretty damn good in the 2 and half games (writing this at half time of the Chargers/Raiders game) I have seen him play this year. Really good...