Pat White not signed at this time

FluffHead

ANALYTICS DEPARTMENT

Analytics Department = an another excuse to save money

Looks like that playoff drought extends to 14 years...then 0-4 Pittsburgh, 0-5 Jacksonville, 1-3 Minnesota, 0-4 Tampa Bay, 0-5 NY Giants are all going to have the inside track on DE Jadeveon Clowney - QB Teddy Bridgewater

The Bills are so bad they can't even be bad enough to get that first overall.

On another note, if EJ really is the future the Bills don't want or need Freeman. They just need a stop gap at QB for 5-6 weeks. Jeff "deer in headlights" Tuel might not last that long.

Edited by FeartheLosing

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz was not coming back...

On the other hand the Bills resigned Tavaris Jackson for insurance to address situations just like the one they are in now, then cut him 4 months later...If you're looking for the mistake...It's the Jackson cut...Not Fitz and that ridiculous contract... B-)

Jackson was beaten out by Kolb in OTAs. That's exactly how that ended up going. We all thought it was about EJ. It wasn't. Not even a little bit.

That was an extended try out between those 2 guys, and Jackson lost.

If Kolb didn't get hurt(and if there is a mistake, it's in not factoring his injury property into the design) this wouldn't be an issue. He did, so it is.

Well, now the question is, who else are we going to sign? If White is the new starter, who is going to be the backup? Tuel has proven he belongs no where other than the practice squad--or selling insurance. He cannot be the no. 2 QB.

Deadspin screwed that up. I think that was the plan all along. Until Nix and Dominic got wire tapped.

In all reality Bills fans this is why teams have 3 active QBs. It was a gamble to go with 2 and it didn't pay off.

We went with one QB, not two. That is the problem.

Hope you are right mrags... I am a little worried about 2 knee injuries (one on each knee?) in two months...even before he was hurt Thursday night, I was telling my buddy that I didn't think EJ looked comfortable running the ball...he is much more of a "lumberer" than I realized. Will admit, I saw very little of him in college, but I was under the impression he was a little more fleet footed than he appears to be.

i think as fans we need to think more Big Ben and less at Cam Newton when looking at EJ. He's not going to be the guy scrambling all over the field every game. He is however the big tall beefy QB that is hard to get down and can make moves with his feet.

Lets just hope that he makes it in 5 weeks and that means 4 games at most.

Welp, I'm done watching the Bills this year

ok. Bye bye. See you in April.

If the reason to sign another quarterback was to just fill in until EJ comes back then they should have found a veteran. WIth that said even that might not have made a difference. Good old Fitz choked again today against KC. When the Chiefs took the lead in the 4th quarter Fitz threw two interceptions on the next to Titans drives. Sounds familiar. The next few games could get ugly. Even with players coming back from injury to help the defense the offense may stink so bad the defense just gets worn down.

Is April when the blooper reel gets released?

its the best part of the season for the doom and gloomers. Not quite sure anyone bothers to watch this team anymore if all they do is complain. So with that, I'm out of this conversation.

Fwiw, I'm actually pretty pleased with Pat White. Only guy I wanted more would have been Freeman but that was slim at best.

As it stands, I doubt White plays at all for us. Tuel is going to come out this week and have a 175 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, and the defense holds them so that we can win. 24-17.

Typically I'm an unabashed optimist regarding this team. But this signing confounds me. I wasn't exactly keen on the idea of signing Freeman either (he's never impressed me). But my feeling is that if Manuel misses 2 games, the Bills will be 2-5 when he returns. If he misses 4 games, the record will be 2-7. But of the options out there (admittedly few), signing Pat White is quite bad. Yes, he had a decent preseason. But the fact remains that White is a joke. His "career" has been a joke. He's a blight on the Hall of Fame legacy of Bill Parcells. They might has well signed Tebow. Same type of QB- can run but neither can hit the broad side of a barn from 20 yards throwing the ball. I guess our only option IS to run the option.

Why the hell did we have to cut Tarvaris?? We had a solid situation going into camp...our top pick, a FA project, and two veterans. The Kolb thing was impossible to see, but cutting Tarvaris was just dumb.

Because they could only carry three QBs and it wouldn't make sense to pay 3M each to your 2nd and 3rd stringers...The problem is that everyone expected Tuel to come in and put some magic in...That Cleveland browns defense was playing pretty well against the pass and it was going to be impossible for Tuel to win. What I don't like is that the Bills insistence to back up Tuel with more inexperience. I would have preferred a Leftwich or Dixon to back Tuel up so that they can get ready faster. Pat White has ZERO NFL experience.

Because they could only carry three QBs and it wouldn't make sense to pay 3M each to your 2nd and 3rd stringers...The problem is that everyone expected Tuel to come in and put some magic in...That Cleveland browns defense was playing pretty well against the pass and it was going to be impossible for Tuel to win. What I don't like is that the Bills insistence to back up Tuel with more inexperience. I would have preferred a Leftwich or Dixon to back Tuel up so that they can get ready faster. Pat White has ZERO NFL experience.

You don't have to carry all those QBs into the regular season - but there is no need to cut him before the pre-season is done. So you're third and fourth stringers aren't going to get as many snaps, big deal. And to top it off they relied on a guy with a history of injury issues who was 1 concussion away from his career being threatened. Not smart, no matter how some fans want to spin it.

this will happen. Except EJ won't be injured again. Something tells me he's gonna learn of his awareness from this a bit.

Just hoping we steal a game in there somewhere.

we better hope, because as of this morning, the BIlls still don't have a capable backup

Dear I say it ... we should have kept Fitz.

With his noodle arm he would have fit in with Marrone's West Coast style offense and Hackett's hurry up.

As we've thrown less passes downfield then last year, this would have been a very sensible option. But so far, as much as I like some aspects of the new regime, their handling of the QB situation--ever since Kolb & Manuel were both hurt in pre-seaon--has been an epic fail. Once Kolb went down, we had no plan B, and still don't.

Well, lets hope Pat White is a miracle worker . . . the biggest question for him, how fast a learner is he?

Answer: Wonderlick Score = 22, ouch :wallbash:

Pat White is not the answer.He has done nothing in the NFL. I would have preferred them to have signed Dixon or Leftwich. They have at least played in the NFL. Also, where is Jason Campbell ?

This really sucks.

Dont think anybody claimed he was the answer, but he is an exiting athletic guy who may be able to offer some help. I don't really get your logic of preferring players who have played in the NFL and have done nothing over a athletic guy that tore us up in the preseason and is hungry to prove he can play. This is a situation where we have nothing to lose none of these players are going to win football games for us playing the conventional QB, so its time to get unconventional and try to win a few games until EJ is back.