Pat White not signed at this time

FluffHead

You think White is going to be better? He was on the street for a reason......

As Tuel would be right now, if not solely for the Buffalo Bills.

Pat White had an astronomically better college career (at a major school) than Tuel did. You could say he was "ahead of his time" when he joined the NFL; if he had come out in the last couple of years it's almost certain he would have been on an NFL roster running the read option / pistol stuff.

Look, this isn't a long term solution -- it's about finding a guy who can come in and give your team a chance while EJ heals. Tuel didn't look like he could give the Bills a chance.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat White is not the answer.He has done nothing in the NFL. I would have preferred them to have signed Dixon or Leftwich. They have at least played in the NFL. Also, where is Jason Campbell ?

This really sucks.

And Dennis Dixon has done exactly what in the NFL? And Byron Leftwich can't even get out of his own way at this point. White has been in a couple of camps. Played a bit with Miami and was highly regarded coming out of WVU. Perfect choice by the Bills. I applaud them for picking the right guy.

Guess we l;ost out on Freeman due to money as he gets 3 mill from vikings. Glad we stay 20 million below cap, this will really help us...LOL....

Based on several reports the Bills made a big effort to sign him. The vikings are giving up on Ponder, t was a better situation for Freeman. I wouldnt be surprised if the Bills hadnt offered the most money. This isnt the same FO as a few years ago

Bringing in White does not lend any confidence that the Bills O will be moving the ball or scoring points. Nothing against White, but he is coming into a hornets nest of an upcoming schedule - CIN, MIA, NO, KC, PIT, JETS. There is never good timing with injuries but EJ's really comes at such a wrong time.

I guess the Bills are planning for April already and are hoping that they can secure an STL / WAS type of trade with the Bills on the receiving end of a ton of draft picks from a team who wants to trade up and grab a QB.

FWIW, if any of you all play fantasy, until we see an offensive spark from White and the rest of the O while EJ is out, I would suggest playing each Defense the Bills will play over the next 6 weeks.

Just threw up in my mouth a little. You know, Tuel has thrown more passes in the regular season than Pat White. White hasn't made an NFL roster since 2009. Wonder why nobody picked him up after the Redskins cut him? We have no passing game. Going to be a long October.

Relax man. You haven't even seen him take a snap yet.

If you don't live in the DC area you don't understand the legend of Pat White this preaseason. They hated having to release him and kept 4 QB's until injuries set in.

I'm flip flopping about this Bengals game. Tuel looked so bad vs. Cleveland but clearly he knows the playbook better than White (or any other guy they bring in), and a week of practice with the starters may do wonders. I think i'd give this weekends game to Tuel, and if he stinks, prepare White for the Miami game.

If you don't live in the DC area you don't understand the legend of Pat White this preaseason. They hated having to release him and kept 4 QB's until injuries set in.

I'm flip flopping about this Bengals game. Tuel looked so bad vs. Cleveland but clearly he knows the playbook better than White (or any other guy they bring in), and a week of practice with the starters may do wonders. I think i'd give this weekends game to Tuel, and if he stinks, prepare White for the Miami game.

Which of the two guys -- Tuel or White -- has the most ability to make something happen out of nothing? Clearly, it's White. If Kolb or TJax were on this roster they would be starting next week, but they're not. What does Tuel give you other than a guy who "knows the playbook?" They can write the plays on a wristband for White.

Failing to sign a legitimate NFL backup was extremely shortsighted by this front office -- that doesn't mean you now compound it by putting a guy (Tuel) out there who is simply not ready for this sort of stage. To those who reply, "what makes anyone think White is ready for the stage" I don't have a great answer other than to acknowledge his superior athletic ability and vastly greater production in college. And maturity.

Just run the darn ball and play defense. With a full week of practice with the ones, Tuel will be far better then he was coming in cold on the road with SJ on the bench and both RBs beat up. Special teams lost us that game, not Tuel.

Which of the two guys -- Tuel or White -- has the most ability to make something happen out of nothing? Clearly, it's White. If Kolb or TJax were on this roster they would be starting next week, but they're not. What does Tuel give you other than a guy who "knows the playbook?" They can write the plays on a wristband for White.

Failing to sign a legitimate NFL backup was extremely shortsighted by this front office -- that doesn't mean you now compound it by putting a guy (Tuel) out there who is simply not ready for this sort of stage. To those who reply, "what makes anyone think White is ready for the stage" I don't have a great answer other than to acknowledge his superior athletic ability and vastly greater production in college. And maturity.

They had Kolb. He was the guy.

Dear I say it ... we should have kept Fitz.

With his noodle arm he would have fit in with Marrone's West Coast style offense and Hackett's hurry up.

They tried. He signed for less $$ to play elsewhere.

White or Lewis may not be able to pass, but maybe they can run enough to make it interesting. Tuel would have looked a lot better on Thursday if Graham helps him out on that 40 yard pass. You never know boys. I'm open to being surprised. It's beats bitching about it. And they weren't going anywhere before EJ got hurt....