Pat White not signed at this time

FluffHead

Which of the two guys -- Tuel or White -- has the most ability to make something happen out of nothing? Clearly, it's White. If Kolb or TJax were on this roster they would be starting next week, but they're not. What does Tuel give you other than a guy who "knows the playbook?" They can write the plays on a wristband for White.

Knowing the playbook- formations, the coaches and the players you are dealing with can't be blown off that easily. I totally agree that Pat White is most likely the better option in a couple weeks, but Tuel is the best option for this Sunday. At least he knows which way to hand off and can make some audibles if need be. I hate it, but it's a fact. Look what Matt Leinhart did after a week of preparation in a lousy preseason game. That's just one example but my guess is that through NFL history, a QB that starts on a new team less than one week after arriving is a disaster.

Even Brady got destroyed by Cinci.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to carry all those QBs into the regular season - but there is no need to cut him before the pre-season is done. So you're third and fourth stringers aren't going to get as many snaps, big deal. And to top it off they relied on a guy with a history of injury issues who was 1 concussion away from his career being threatened. Not smart, no matter how some fans want to spin it.

We are not the Dallas Cowboys or Washington Redskins to be loaded with extra money. We are a small market team and cannot simply throw money at everything. The Bills already spent significant cash in getting Mario Williams.

In all reality Bills fans this is why teams have 3 active QBs. It was a gamble to go with 2 and it didn't pay off.

I think the problem is the 2 that they went with. If their backup was Matt Flynn or someone like that and he had to start for a few weeks we wouldn't have quite the doom and gloom. The only other guy that we kept was an undrafted free agent rookie who looked atrocious last week. We are on the market trying to find a guy to play not a guy to back him up.

Was talking about tuel and pat white. White has zero experience, as I recall.

He has played a little. He was drafted in the 2nd round to be a Wildcat QB (remember the Wildcat). He is primarily a runner, can't really throw it.

Lewis is capable if making a few plays whether it be with his arm or feet. Hopefully he plays well.

Another example of reporter trying to "break" a story only to look foolish in the end.

Yeah ok, it's the reporter who looks foolish.

What about the team that has such a poor backup plan at QB that it is now chasing around street free agents to start at quarterback in its next game? The team that had three veteran QBs on its roster over the past six months and now has none?

Right, it's the reporter who is foolish.

Yeah ok, it's the reporter who looks foolish.

What about the team that has such a poor backup plan at QB that it is now chasing around street free agents to start at quarterback in its next game? The team that had three veteran QBs on its roster over the past six months and now has none?

Right, it's the reporter who is foolish.

Yes, the reporter looks foolish. I made no reference to the front office or the coaching staff. The reporter should offer a "tweet retraction" for trying to break a false story and riling up the masses. As for the front office - I respect your opinion. Go Bills!!