Who tops your list of "he's just not cuttn' it?" Who d

Armchair GM

I agree that Chandler is having a down year. His blocking has been poor and he's dropping passes that he normally catches. One run play eats at me, we were backed up near our goal line and there was tons of open field to the right of the formation, rather than lead blocking, Chandler stopped and CJ ran right into him and got a gain of maybe 1 yard. He's also been called for penalties (chop block/holding variety).

Graham I can't say is down because I can't recall a time when he was up. He's beaten his man a few times, but he doesn't seem to get the same separation from short routes that Stevie and Woods get.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I guess I am so used to him always being on our roster I forgot that our new staff has a brain and decided to finally cut him

CBF

The sad thing is he is having the same impact now as he did when he was actually on the roster!!

The Graham hate is very misplaced. I'm not saying he is a great player but he has gotten missed a lot when he is open. He was missed in the last 2 games wide open by EJ.

One additional thing I've noticed about Graham is that he is a pretty good down field run blocker. He has definitely been a part of the blocking on a few of the long runs CJ has had this year.

One additional thing I've noticed about Graham is that he is a pretty good down field run blocker. He has definitely been a part of the blocking on a few of the long runs CJ has had this year.

Great point. Graham is much more than just a speed guy. He's pretty tough for his size. And all of our wrs are good blockers. So underrated for the position especially when you have a rb like Spiller.

I don't get the hate for Justin Rogers. He is our 4th string CB. I don't think you can expect him to suddenly be great.

It's a big problem when he's playign a lot and teams are constantly targeting him. The Panthers would just put crappy Ted Ginn Family on the field and throw to him every time because Rogers simply couldn't cover him. Luckily, it was crappy Ted Ginn family and only resulted in one td. But he was open all the time because Rogers just isn't good enough.

It's a big problem when he's playign a lot and teams are constantly targeting him. The Panthers would just put crappy Ted Ginn Family on the field and throw to him every time because Rogers simply couldn't cover him. Luckily, it was crappy Ted Ginn family and only resulted in one td. But he was open all the time because Rogers just isn't good enough.

I don't disagree-- it's just that we shouldn't expect enough out of him to be disappointed. But for injuries, there are 3 other guys that are in front of him. The guy is on the team for an emergency, some ST's, and an occasional dime package. He's not cutting it because there is no one else around to play (not sure why the Bills won't sign Trufant???).

Chandler: A couple years ago this guy was running great routes, creating separation and making plays..usually in chunks of 12-15 yards. I know he's coming off of an ACL, but he's playing scared. Maybe I'm overreacting, but the play that sticks out was this past week where he caught the ball in the flats and rather than turning it up field, he turned, saw the defenders and curled up in a ball. I think he had another drop down the seam , in traffic, which again leads to the fear.

Graham: We draft Goodwyn...Graham steps up his game in camp...Goodwyn goes down...Graham is unseen.

Bring on...

Grag...They drafted him as a receiving TE, but he showed, in pre-season, he can block too. This week’s match up seems to lend to the fact we're gonna need both, without having to sub Chandler and Smith in and out. Let's see what the kids got in live action.

Easley...He's big, showed up well in pre-season and can't be any less visible than Graham...right?

your confusing players with play calling. If a guy is the second or third read and never gets targeted its the QB's fault hes "unseen" there are only one or two guys a game who will ever be big producers. Maybe next week its graham or chandler and not SJ and CJ. Theres only one ball. Easley doesn't even line up on offense. Maybe this is why hes "unseen"

Colin Brown come to mind.

Also, Colin Brown.

Colin Brown, as well.

Haha, yeah Colin Brown is the worst player on the team by far. He probably wouldn't even be able to start on any of the top 25 college teams!

I'm not mad at the Bills for not resigning Levitre though, I'm just pissed at the Titans for giving him that gigantic offer. I do think that letting Rinehart go was one of the worst decisions in an otherwise very good offseason.

Haha, yeah Colin Brown is the worst player on the team by far. He probably wouldn't even be able to start on any of the top 25 college teams!

I'm not mad at the Bills for not resigning Levitre though, I'm just pissed at the Titans for giving him that gigantic offer. I do think that letting Rinehart go was one of the worst decisions in an otherwise very good offseason.

Agreed. Rinehart would have been a cheap and decent fill in. Brown is in there for comic relief.

I know some are going to make the case that TJ may not be producing in the box score, but that his ability to stretch the field is opening underneath routes, BUT i'm still saying if you're good, your stats reflect it. We can't afford to have a 3WR whose best asset is "distraction"

He's Lee Evans on the Ravens! Reminds me of one of the all time most pathetic discussions on Evans in Baltimore after he was invisible for half his first season there : that he was having a big impact because he could stretch the field. If TJ isn't catching the ball or being targeted, he's not stretching the field. Running a fast guy deep doesn't fool or get the attention of defenses. Catching the long ball does.

I hope he starts catching some soon.

Chandler has my vote for biggest disappointment so far.

RTB

Lets see.

Brown is taking more time to get his footwork sorted than i am comfortable with. Wasn't he a tackle in college ? He is almost too big for the guard position . I cant hate on him though. Thats on the coaches really . He is unfortunately standing out as a weakness on a good line. Because the rest of the line is playing very well , albeit quietly i suppose. Legursky starting would be a step sideway at best .

TJ . This kid worries me. But so far he seems to be used mostly as a decoy. That will end this weekend if that is the case .

Ryan will not respect him this game until something dramatic occurs. Be interesting to see if Hackett goes vertical against Jets.

I am still wait and see with him. He has not been featured it seems to me.

Chandler looks out of place. i think that playcalling and Manuel having a checkdown he finds comfort in . I dont think its working and already over used.

But it's early and

actually i have few bitches so far beside penalties

100% correct. Leonard McKelvin and Bradham are going unnoticed and doing enough that we are not losing those matchups.

While Bradham is not having a stellar season to make MVP he is keeping his side of the fort up.

Disappointing might be Carrington. I am not disappointed with his play. I am disappointed everyone else is beating him to make the plays. But that is what happens when you have Dareus taking up every blocker, Williams chugginf the line up and Mario wrecking the opposite end at an all pro click.

Carrington will have a superstar game soon and it may be this week. Book it if you want.

Bradham played a handful of snaps in the Patriot game and only one snap in last weeks game due to the matchups they wanted...

Edited by matter2003

Chandler: A couple years ago this guy was running great routes, creating separation and making plays..usually in chunks of 12-15 yards. I know he's coming off of an ACL, but he's playing scared. Maybe I'm overreacting, but the play that sticks out was this past week where he caught the ball in the flats and rather than turning it up field, he turned, saw the defenders and curled up in a ball. I think he had another drop down the seam , in traffic, which again leads to the fear.

Graham: We draft Goodwyn...Graham steps up his game in camp...Goodwyn goes down...Graham is unseen.

Bring on...

Grag...They drafted him as a receiving TE, but he showed, in pre-season, he can block too. This week’s match up seems to lend to the fact we're gonna need both, without having to sub Chandler and Smith in and out. Let's see what the kids got in live action.

Easley...He's big, showed up well in pre-season and can't be any less visible than Graham...right?

Costco, for not supplying customers with prozac.

Graham. Should have kept a different WR, probably Rogers. Now watch him thrive with the Colts.

Easy now.

Costco, for not supplying customers with prozac.

root cause found

I forgot to mention Justin Rogers.... improving but a long ways away from holding down the boundary postion.

Better than last year? yessir.

I would also now like to mention Brooks.

For having broken his foot . he is on my list as not improving from last year. Injury issues?

thank gosh Robey has found a home in the NFL as a Bill imho .

Edited by 3rdand12

Looking again, I'm sure you mean the Olsen TD for the Panthers. You're right, it was good coverage and just a great throw/catch, something I don't expect from Cam. I don't hold that against Jim Leonard. I don't know what I was looking at. I was remembering the other TD, but that was clearly Justin Rogers who got beat by Ginn.

I was all over JL too, until I went back and re-watched the two TD's he was near (one in the Pats game and the other in the Panthers game). Couldn't really blame him for those plays, which were just really unreal throws. Not saying the guy is a pro-bowler, but for a last-second acquisition, he seems to be doing pretty good.

#1 Colin Brown. I think the run game has suffered at times, and when he's whiffed in pass blocking, EJ has avoided sacks by being nimble in the pocket and hard to bring down and by checking down or throwing the ball away. I don't think his sack totals mean "all is well on the OL" not at all.

#2 TJ Graham. Not impressed with his hands - bobbled catches in practice. not impressed with his ball awareness/routes - doesn't seem willing or able to come back for the ball. Certainly not impressed with his blocking - WTF with that ballerina twirl on EJ's run? Contrast with Wood who shot out of the endzone and brought the lumber. Would like to see Easley or (when he's back) Goodwin get a shot.

#3 Chandler. Maybe he's not really 100% physically, and he's playing scared, but he's not playing like a big TE. I hope he can get over it.

I believe Gragg has been inactive for the first two weeks.

I thought he showed very well in preseason and he looks to have been a steal in the 7th round.

I'd also like to see him suit up on Sundays.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!! you dumb asses call yourselves fans who are you watching 89 (Chris Gregg ) has yet to play an NFL regular season snap .......this entire post loses credibility you obviously have NO clue what your talking about

Edited by JustinMychal

Possibly a retitle..

Such as "Room for improvement" ?

: )

No point, Bro. If we win the super bowl these guys will still cry like little bitches.....about anything and everything.

I guess it makes them happy...and real. It makes me scarce.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!! you dumb asses call yourselves fans who are you watching 89 (Chris Gregg ) has yet to play an NFL regular season snap .......this entire post loses credibility you obviously have NO clue what your talking about

...OR, you have the reading comprehension of a rock! The post says "bring on... Gragg", because I want to see him play. Says nothing about being disappointed in his play.

We've got a lot to look forward to this year and in the years ahead........and here is TBD....right here....right now.........fishing for negative. What a joke.

Not fishing for negative...at all! Championship teams fire on all cylinders and put the best product on the field, at all positions, every week.

It seems to be almost universal on this board that Brown is an obvious liability on this team. None of us is a professional NFL coach, so either we are missing something not so obvious about his ability, or the coaches or front office are the ones not cutting it. If someone is so obviously a liability at their position and yet 3 games into the season is still is kept in there, who's fault is it that they are even playing in the game?

If the coaches and the front office are not either finding the talent on the team, or going out and bringing in talent to replace them with someone who is at minimum not a liability, it is their fault. Not the player trying his best, but being put in a position that he is not qualified to be in.