Conerbacks that the Bills should go after

It is not who teams cut that I think we need to be looking at. It is who teams have on the bubble that might be the 3rd or 4th best CB on their team, likely with some age. This team may be having problems at OLB and probably runs a 3-4 or nickel D a lot...any one have any idea if any teams fit this? Chicago having problems? Other teams???

My idea is that this player would be the trade with Bryan Scott.

It is not who teams cut that I think we need to be looking at. It is who teams have on the bubble that might be the 3rd or 4th best CB on their team, likely with some age. This team may be having problems at OLB and probably runs a 3-4 or nickel D a lot...any one have any idea if any teams fit this? Chicago having problems? Other teams???

My idea is that this player would be the trade with Bryan Scott.

With Caldwell getting cut, guard can be in the mix as well

And go ......

Offer Aqib Talib a one year $5M deal. :doh:

I hate to take Captain Hindsight's job but there were some easy, cheap pickin's in free agency this past winter and the Bills actually managed to lose talent and depth at the OL and QB positions leading up to the draft while not upgrading their CB position.....which most people knew needed improvement.

I am hoping Marrone and Pettine have the answers......and coaching does make a big difference......but something has to change with regard to the sense of urgency this team has with regard to stocking personnel. Give the damn coaches the best chance they can to win, don't make them have to create miracles.

There's already a thread on this and it was started a full 8 hours before this one. Please take half a second to avoid redundant threads. Thanks!

bad boys bad boys.....watcha gonna do??...watcha gonna do when they come for you?....COPS TBD

Offer Aqib Talib a one year $5M deal. :doh:

I hate to take Captain Hindsight's job but there were some easy, cheap pickin's in free agency this past winter and the Bills actually managed to lose talent and depth at the OL and QB positions leading up to the draft while not upgrading their CB position.....which most people knew needed improvement.

I am hoping Marrone and Pettine have the answers......and coaching does make a big difference......but something has to change with regard to the sense of urgency this team has with regard to stocking personnel. Give the damn coaches the best chance they can to win, don't make them have to create miracles.

How does this particular opinion contrast with the news of the Wood extension ?

Btw if this is the former Badolbilz wow, what happened? Your posts here used to be revered.

Edited by Thurmal34

maybe we can trade Freddy for a good CB

F.J. is too important to let go IMO. If Hack daddy plans on run first then pass type of offense we need two good backs, especially fielding a rookie QB. While T. Choice is a decent back that gives opposing D's a different style of running to defend, he is not on the same level as F.J. Defenses are not threatened with Choice like they are with Freddy.

But it does make me wonder if we could trade Byrd away would the level of talent drop off enough to where it would be a justifiable move. In other words, would it be easier to replace Byrd with somebody already on the roster and being able to adequately fill the void vs. trying to fill the void left by Gilmore's injury. I think it's easier to fill Byrd's shoes than it is Gilmore's. So IMO, trade Byrd for a good CB and he can move to CB#2 when Gilmore returns.

F.J. is too important to let go IMO. If Hack daddy plans on run first then pass type of offense we need two good backs, especially fielding a rookie QB. While T. Choice is a decent back that gives opposing D's a different style of running to defend, he is not on the same level as F.J. Defenses are not threatened with Choice like they are with Freddy.

But it does make me wonder if we could trade Byrd away would the level of talent drop off enough to where it would be a justifiable move. In other words, would it be easier to replace Byrd with somebody already on the roster and being able to adequately fill the void vs. trying to fill the void left by Gilmore's injury. I think it's easier to fill Byrd's shoes than it is Gilmore's. So IMO, trade Byrd for a good CB and he can move to CB#2 when Gilmore returns.

Hack daddy?

Anyway, I can't see too many teams willing to trade a starting CB for a starting safety for the very reasons you point out.

GO BILLS!!!

Dray ton wasn't good for us. People were happy he got cut. Now all of a sudden he's a good player that we should bring back. Typical.

I wonder how long before the bring back Reggie Torbor threads take to show up.

He's as mediocre as McKelvin is so given our situation why not...

Florence and Winfield for a year is a HUGE upgrade over our current Depth Chart at CB...And when Gilmore comes back CB may even be a strength...Well...At least it would not be a glaring weakness... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

He's as mediocre as McKelvin is so given our situation why not...

So just keep bringing in mediocre players for the hell of it? We just cut a bunch of scrub CBs. We know what we will get from Florence and its pretty bad. People are just desperate right now so any warm body is going to feel like an upgrade.

Chase Minnifield Cb Washington Redskins

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=7526&line=267897&spln=1

Hog heaven had a nice write up apparently surprising cut.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/8/9/4606440/redskins-vs-titans-chase-minnifield-breakdown

Edited by billieve420

Florence and Winfield for a year is a HUGE upgrade over our current Depth Chart at CB...And when Gilmore comes back CB may even be a strength...Well...At least it would not be a glaring weakness... B-)

I am with you. I would have no problem bringing in both of them. I feel the same way about the OL and to a lesser degree TE. If there are guys on the open market better than your depth (which is lacking in those 3 places) bring them in. Florence and Winfield would be assets short term and probably be 2 of your corners in dime situations already.